GUILTY TX - Emma Thompson, 4, dies with STD, skull fracture, Spring, 27 June 2009

I can't stand much more of this.....what is wrong with our world? One of the most fundamental basic instincts is the instinct of a mother to protect their children. As a society, we travel a very dark path when Mothers betray their children and their God-given primal instinct to protect those children.

HEAD IN THE SAND-it does not take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see how the child got the herpes with no vaginal trauma at the time; SKIN ON SKIN contact.

This woman knowingly chose her boyfriend over her obviously abused daughter. WAY TO GO.

Sorry-I know this has been covered but I just want to scream.................

If you can lose your RN license for getting a DUI id really like to think you can lose it for covering up the abuse,rape & murder of your child!!!!!!!!!!!!
This case has me so upset!!! :(

There are way too many mothers that do not have that basic instinct to protect their babies from any harm, with my child, I would have hurt somebody very badly if they raised a hand to him. I wish every momma could feel the same way about their children.

There are probably a lot of excuses. There wasn't any man living in the household, mother promised to keep a better eye on the daughter. Child was too young to testify against anyone. So they a) made sure mother was aware of the problem b) made sure there were no males living in the hh c) felt confident that if the mother determined who had molested her child that she would notify authorities d) was unable to substantiate a suspect

They just happened to be wrong.

Mysteriew ~ I'm not sure if you were trying to be sarcstic at all, but you're pretty much correct. If the mother is able to come up with a good enough lie, has a safety plan in place to protect the child - including specific steps to take in different possible scenarios, the child does not disclose in the "appropriate" setting - or recants, and LE does not take any action, then CPS will most likely close the case. Believe me, CPS and foster care workers do have cases they have to close, even though they have a bad gut feeling. The problem is, without solid evidence to back it up, there is nothing that can be done. It sucks. In a way, it's good, because it means there has to be solid reasons to remove a child (although many people, I'm sure, will argue that and say that CPS removes for no reason...). But it's not good when the hands of CPS are legally and bureaucratically tied. It works both ways. No matter what, the system will never be perfect, humans are the ones working the system, and it's overseen by governmental agencies. I would venture to say the majority of workers do what they can within the scope of what they are allowed to do. However, some cases will always fall through the cracks. Those are the ones we hear about.

Anyway, sorry for the long diatribe. =)

And, the mother is an educated RN, so she's probably well spoken and comes across as intelligent ... was able to convince CPS that she had no boyfriend and there was no one living with her, even though she did. Those are the scariest personalities of all - come across as "normal" and in reality have the potential of being very dangerous.

And, then there's the boyfriend who, by appearances, just looks dangerous!

other RNs we know, Andrea Yates & Cindy Anthony. I hope this story doesn't get buried. Abigail Elizabeth Young should be held accountable for her role in lying to CPS resulting in the death of Emma.

Montgomery JP rules homicide in Spring child's death
by TERRI LANGFORD Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 7, 2009, 1:58PM

A 4-year-old Spring girl's death has been ruled a homicide, a Montgomery County justice of the peace said today.

Emma Thompson died on June 27 of "blunt abdominal trauma," according to Justice of the Peace Edie Connelly.

No arrests have been made in the girl's death. The girl's family had been investigated for possible abuse after she tested positive for genital herpes.

The girl's mother, 33-year-old registered nurse Abigail Young, told Texas Child Protective Services investigators that there was no other adult in the house.

However, Young had been dating Lucas Coe, 27, a man investigated by CPS three times since 2005 and previously charged with one count of injury to a child.

CPS first began investigating a complaint about Emma's care earlier in June. The investigation found the girl tested positive for genital herpes, but she was not removed.

Young's other two children are staying at the home of one of the fathers.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6564570.html

Since the death is classified as a homicide, is the death penalty a possibility for Coe? Also, can the mother face charges in her daughters homicide? She pretty much enabled the homicide to happen by letting Coe in her home and gave him acess to her daughter. IMO, she should be charged as an accomplice or something plenty harsh.

Today's update:

Spring girl's death ruled a homicide
No arrests have been made, but investigators say they haven't ruled out anyone as a suspect

By TERRI LANGFORD
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Aug. 8, 2009, 9:09AM

Six weeks after 4-year-old Emma Thompson died after being beaten and sexually abused, authorities announced Friday that the Spring girl was killed after suffering “blunt abdominal trauma.”

Montgomery County Justice of the Peace Edie Connelly said an autopsy determined the child's death is the result of a homicide, though no arrests have been made.

A Harris County deputy testified a week ago that the investigation seemed to center on Abigail Elizabeth Young, 33, Emma's mother; and Lucas Ruric Coe, 27, Young's boyfriend, but investigators said Friday no one has been ruled out as a suspect.

“We are adamant about no one has been ruled out as possible suspect,” said Harris County sheriff's Lt. John Legg. “Until charges are filed, the homicide investigators are neither naming suspects nor ruling out the possible suspects.”

He declined to say exactly when charges could be filed.
“Obviously, I think we can foresee in the near future some charges will be filed, but it's something we can't speculate on when that would be,” Legg said.

Texas Child Protective Services first began investigating a complaint about Emma's care in early June. The investigation found the girl tested positive for genital herpes, but she was not removed from the home at the time.

She died after being rushed to Memorial Hermann-The Woodlands Hospital by her mother, a registered nurse, on June 27. A neighbor reported that the night of Emma's death, Young said the fatal injuries were caused by two separate falls — and that she tried to save her daughter's life by using Super Glue to close a wound on her head.
During a custody hearing involving Emma's two sisters, it was revealed that investigators were waiting on preliminary results from the autopsy before proceeding with an arrest. Legg said Friday that the autopsy results, while crucial, are not the only thing they need before moving forward.

“While that (cause of death) was an essential piece of information for the investigation, it was not the only information that the homicide investigators are looking at before filing charges,” he said.

Legg asked the public for patience.

“We realize it's never soon enough or never appears soon enough,” he said. “These types of investigations are very complex and require a review of all the information before making a determination.”

When CPS investigators interviewed Emma's mother in early June, she denied that any other adult was living in her home. Court testimony a week ago revealed that Coe was often seen at Young's house. One neighbor testified that Young told her that she had been dating Coe for months before CPS started its investigation.

Young's mother told the court a week ago she believes Coe is the only person authorities should be looking at in connection with Emma's death. Margie Young called Coe a “predator,” “snake” and “Satan.”

“He picked the youngest, and he picked on the weakest,” she testified. She offered no other details.

Attempts to reach Abigail Young and Coe were unsuccessful Friday.

Before Emma's death, CPS also had investigated Coe three times in unrelated cases involving another girlfriend's child. He also has a criminal history that includes charges of assault with a deadly weapon and criminal mischief. He has been indicted on suspicion of injury to a child.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6564570.html

Charge the Momster.........maybe after stewing in jail she'll change her story!!!!!!!!!

I read this stuff and I just shiver. It occurs to me that perhaps part of the problem is that so many people were raised with this mistaken idea that there is no such thing as "wrong" or "bad". In school, I remember that teachers were just starting to make sure that every child got an award at award ceremonies.

Is it possible that somehow we have failed to explain to our children that evil does walk in the world? I'm 40 years old and I was taught in school and now on talk boards that it is not acceptable to judge people. That you're not supposed to label someone "bad" or "evil".

Can it be that these women simply don't understand that their children ( all children really) need them to make judgements? It's amazing how many people throw away their children for "love".

I dunno, just a thought.

The best is the lawyer arguing shes a good Mom & the other children should be returned to her! SO good Mothers let their BF's rape & infect their daughters & abuse them to death?
WTF?????? These girls should not go to Granma.I think after home studies they should go to the Fathers & I think MOMster should have her "rights" TERMINATED!!!!!!!

Oh, it's horrible. That mother didn't give two cents for her darling little girl. That poor babies face will haunt me. I can't imagine her with a mouth, etc, full of herpes. I'm sick.
This mother and the other really, really need to pay. Emma's mom failed to call 911 from her house so she could give the boyfriend time to leave, IMO. She knew exactly what her ugly boyfriend was doing and tried to treat her child rather than first seeking medical attention, so she could protect the
Until women like these are prosecuted as accomplices to murder, abuse, etc., we have little hope for change. In addition, I think it should be a crime punishable as neglect at the least and actionable by removing the child from the home when "mothers" leave their precious kids alone with the new guy and anything happens. We also need a slew of public service announcements talking about the results when the "need" for a new man becomes a greater priority than one's children, and a message about the penalities for exposing one's kids to these creeps and then protecting the creep after he harms the child. The moms need to pay for this nonsense at the same level, in many cases, as the perp, IMO. That's the way to send a message and to reduce the frequency of such tragedies.

I read this stuff and I just shiver. It occurs to me that perhaps part of the problem is that so many people were raised with this mistaken idea that there is no such thing as "wrong" or "bad". In school, I remember that teachers were just starting to make sure that every child got an award at award ceremonies.

Is it possible that somehow we have failed to explain to our children that evil does walk in the world? I'm 40 years old and I was taught in school and now on talk boards that it is not acceptable to judge people. That you're not supposed to label someone "bad" or "evil".

Can it be that these women simply don't understand that their children ( all children really) need them to make judgements? It's amazing how many people throw away their children for "love".

I dunno, just a thought.

Being raised in an abusive home "normalizes" abusive behavior, neglectful behavior, violence, sexuality between the wrong family members or other adults.

How else do these patterns get repeated, especially abusive patterns? They just don't register on the radar.

I also think that we are reluctant to educate our children about bad people, much less acknowledge their presence. Afraid to scare the child? Then tell the child YOU will protect them, and then fricken DO it ! The short term monster-ey fear the child will have is NOTHING compared to being a victim, when with reasonable parenting, it could have been avoided.

I also agree that we MUST make judgments. What insanity and dishonesty to say that we don't. I think what we are NOT supposed to judge is who goes to Heaven or Hell. Bad behavior is bad behavior, destruction is destruction. Period.

Thanks for your post, I for one feel you've hit on some major themes that cause so much unnecessary suffering.

Any news on this case? Why has there not been an arrest?

Any news on this case? Why has there not been an arrest?

“While that (cause of death) was an essential piece of information for the investigation, it was not the only information that the homicide investigators are looking at before filing charges,” he said.

Legg asked the public for patience.

“We realize it's never soon enough or never appears soon enough,” he said. “These types of investigations are very complex and require a review of all the information before making a determination.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6564570.html

Justice in this case does seem to be moving slowly - it took over a month for the autopsy results to be released.

Document8_Page_1.jpg

Document8_Page_2.jpg

Photos are from the video link: http://www.click2houston.com/video/20350384/index.html

What a precious baby - so inconceivable that anyone could harm her.

Monster doesn't even come close to describing what the people are who allowed, or caused this to happen to this beautiful child. Sometimes, I have to take a break from reading here, but then I feel guilty that I am somehow letting these little victims down. Someone needs to care. It just seems sad that people on the internet care more than the people who lived their lives with them. :mad:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6567805.html

A Spring woman and her boyfriend have been charged in the death of the woman's daughter, a 4-year-old who authorities said was beaten and sexually abused.

Abigail Elizabeth Young, 33, and Lucas Ruric Coe, 27, are charged with injury to a child, a first-degree felony. They are accused in the death of Emma Thompson.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back