IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a white truck and were involved, I would not be out driving around! I would probably have it hidden in a garage or something. So, if this guy is still using the truck and driving around, he's either dumb, cocky, or not involved...

Maybe the person has no idea his truck was caught on camera...

Unfortunately pickups are extremely common in Indiana, and I'm sure there are zillions of white ones out there driving around Monroe County. I really hope that narrowing down the make/model, tires, and the logo will help someone recognize this one ...

CLu, I seem to notice she's wearing a light pair of ballerina shoes?

I can sort of see where it might look like a person in the back of the truck, but I don't think that the photo would have been released to the public if LE thought the same thing.

I agree that white pickups are common. But what if the vehicle in question was a small, dark vehicle? It would have been really hard to make out the make and model. This makes it a little easier to identify! :)

CLu, I seem to notice she's wearing a light pair of ballerina shoes?

Yeah, look like ballerina flats. She also isn't where a "v-neck with bell sleeves" it looks to me, someone correct me if I am wrong, that she is wearing an oversized men's v-neck undershirt. This was/is a pretty common look for girls in Westchester if they don't have big plans for the evening. In fact, I am wearing one of my boyfriends shirts, just like this, right now.
1936471.jpg

that is the kind of shirt I am talking about. The sleeves are going to be enormous on someone as small as Lauren. You can tell, by the video that the tee is tucked in and kind of pulled out to bunch a bit in the front. Again, it is a common "chill" outfit in NY

OMG can someone delete the posts of the expanded HUGE higher res pictures? (On pages 4 and 5). The links to the pics work just fine. Click on the thumbnails and view the larger pictures in your browser. I can't even read the last two pages of posts because I have to scroll all over the place trying to read...so annoying.

OMG can someone delete the posts of the expanded HUGE higher res pictures? (On pages 4 and 5). The links to the pics work just fine. Click on the thumbnails and view the larger pictures in your browser. I can't even read the last two pages of posts because I have to scroll all over the place trying to read...so annoying.
Hang on, we're working on it.

So, do these photos come from cameras in two different locations? Or is it the same location on 10th between College and Morton?

Sorry partially my fault :(

Ugh....another white truck!!! Terri Horman anyone???!!!! Grr....

I'm not sure what's in the back, but after looking really hard, and possibly seeing things...LOL....does it appear to anyone else that a girl may be sitting in the back? Like sitting with their knees up and leaning on her knees. Could be white top and black bottoms. Her back would be against the back window of the truck. You can kind of make out the hair length if you look really closely?? Surely my eyes are playing tricks on me right????

Yep, this is what I see:

lauren_spierer_truck-1.jpg

I colored in over the different gradations of greys.

Love how she puts it! That this driver WILL be identified in time, and that they stand a better chance to come forward now than wait for LE to come knocking.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...t-the-vehicle-photo-tells-us-what-happens-now
FBI and law enforcement have the ability to pull down the names and addresses of anyone who purchased a 2000 or later white Chevrolet vehicle from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). But that takes extensive time and manpower

...Notify police of any sightings -- and tag number, as well as logo information on the door panel -- should be the goal.

That white Chevy truck is a STEPSIDE!! This will greatly narrow down the volume of possible vehicles. I dont know the numbers, but maybe... what... 1 in 10 sold are stepsides?? Look at the curve of the bed over the wheelwell, and the area right behind the cab... definately as stepside pickup!

Mirage

Even though I see a person or two in the back, I suspect that LE used higher resolution software to determine that it's equipment since that's what LE announced at the conference.

The other possibility is that it really is Lauren in the back, but LE is hiding that fact in the hopes that a friend of the white truck owner will call in and say "yeah, that truck belongs to my friend so and so...," not realizing that he/she is giving away the abductor.

I have a feeling the former is the truth, even though I wish it was the latter. Realistically, if you're going to grab someone from the street, I'd think you would put her in the crew cab part of the truck, not in the bed where she might scream or jump out. Of course, we can always hope the culprit wasn't thinking smart.

The image of the truck where you see the whole side and "something" in the back, at this link at least you can see the timestamp, barely, and it says 04:24..so the other image was the first time around the block...the one of the full side view, is the last time around that block.
http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

ETA, I am surprised LE didn't release images of the truck at the same spot both times...or maybe they don't want us comparing what we see in the back...maybe it was empty the first time around, but there's something back there the 2nd time? IDK?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998