MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Toddler’s remains found on Deer Island
The remains of a female toddler were found on Deer Island Thursday, a State Police official said.
A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said investigators believe the child’s remains may have washed up on shore.
Deer Island is home to a sewage treatment plant and connects to the town of Winthrop.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1250459/1

NamUs

Boyfriend of 'Baby Doe's' mother held without bail; mom's bail set at $1M
Updated 5:52 PM ET, Mon September 21, 2015
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/
150918150156-baby-doe-split-medium-plus-169.jpg

Bella Bond

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

From previous thread:

I have to admit...I am wondering if LE knows a lot more and that's why they think MM did it. Because by outward appearnces, I wouldn't be surprised if RB was the one who actually killed poor, little Bella. <snipped>

It seems that once the bio father made contact and RB knew he was back on the scene, she realized she couldn't put him off forever on Bella's whereabouts and concocted a story to try to minimize her involvement in Bella's death.

The way I see it, there are three possibilities: RB acted alone in killing Bella; MM acted alone; they acted together.

I hope LE has evidence to prove who the actual culprit(s) is(are), because I wouldn't take RB's word that the sky is blue. At this point, I still have absolutely no idea what happened to Bella or who killed her. The only thing I know for sure is that RB obviously knew Bella was dead, and it certainly was in her interests to come up with a story to save her own hide as much as possible.

Hello Im a pro lurker and have been for years on many cases. I think you all are wonderful and I enjoy reading your post. A huge websleuths fan!

Just to bring my last thought forward;

There are conflicting reports about where Baby Bella's lifeless body was thrown away. Placed on Deer Island I never bought it. That narrow road and carrying a 30 pound bag is not on my radar.

This report; http://wgbhnews.org/post/baby-doe-mother-held-1m-bail-judge-denies-bail-boyfriend

"The pair used a large amount of heroin before McCarthy dumped Bella's body in the water by the Seaport District. Bond, the DA's office says, called the baby a "demon."

Here is a map of the "Seaport District". I am well familiar with it. Wharves everywhere and deep water.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2!3m1!1s0x89e37a831865f8c5:0xad7eb0e04b6892d9

Earlier reports said she was deposited near "City Point". I posted that map earlier.

But in court today the Prosecutor clearly said "seaport District".

That area has the bag flowing directly toward Deer Island, IMO

ETA: The DA in court clearly said he "put the bag into a duffle bag and put it in his trunk, then they drove it to the Seaport district". I will look for a link to the transcript.

MOO

Hello Im a pro lurker and have been for years on many cases. I think you all are wonderful and I enjoy reading your post. A huge websleuths fan!

:welcome: So glad you came out of lurkdom. This case has generated so many new faces. Chime in when you feel comfortable. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.

Just a comment from a post on prior thread. I really dont think we have to worry about an Insanity Defense. Not to say Defense wont try it. Especially RB's Lawyer. Especially if RB was given an actual documented diagnosis of Bi Polar. Given the cover up these two knew right from wrong. Let's look at the case of J. Holmes. He had Mental health issues yet held accountable. Given his planning of the crime. In my mind the cover up in this case carry's the same weight No?

mm'S LAWYER SHOWN ON necn He said that MM was told that baby was taken by DCS and since he knew rb's other 2 daughters were taken he believed her. Then a reporter asked.. "didnt he ever look in the fridge"?. Whereupon MM's lawyer said he couldm"t get into specifics of the case.

Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.

I believe his story is that rb killed Bella on her own and told him she was taken by dfs and that he believed that until Friday. And also he is heartbroken.

That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCarthy's counsel Jonathan Shapiro said outside the courthouse that Bond's version of how the girl perished simply isn't true, and that Bond told her boyfriend the Department of Children and Families had taken her away.

"When she was arrested for Bella Bond's death, she decided to blame it on Mr. McCarthy. That is simply not true," Shapiro said. "Mr. McCarthy is a recovering drug addict. He has a serious seizure disorder that requires the help of a dog who has been his constant companion for over 10 years. He is shocked and saddened by the death of Bella Bond, but he did not kill her. Miss Bond told him that DCF had taken Bella because of Miss Bond's neglect. He believed her, and that's all that he was ever told by Miss Bond."

Deakin said Bond told police it was McCarthy who threw Bella into Boston Harbor from the Seaport District, but she was present and didn't stop him."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...osecutor_baby_bella_screamed_to_be_let_out_in

You're right! He's just saying RB told him Bella was taken by DCF.

[video=cnn;us/2015/09/21/bella-bond-mother-boyfriend-plead-not-guilty-casarez-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/index.html[/video]

"Amoroso told reporters he knew Bond didn't kill their daughter and said a track mark on Bond's neck leads him to believe she was sedated against her will because he doesn't see how she could have injected herself. "

So is JA/RB claiming McM has been regularly injecting her with heroin for the last 5 months? Or that the one track mark just hasn't healed? Do these people hear the words coming out of their mouths?

Seems the best defense is to lie, lie, and lie some more. Then if that doesn't work keep on lying. Liars.

I was able to live stream the hearing today for only a few minutes. In those few minutes I observed a spaced out MM. He had a far away gaze and didn't seem to even be present. Is that a withdrawl stare or is that from his seizure medication, or what? I don't have any experience with either... Another question... what was up with his left hand? It looks to be covered to the fingertips in a cast or gauze under his blue polo styled shirt.

OT: I haven't posted in a long long time. I have been on this thread since the beginning. I was up on Cape Cod when this broke over the summer. Rest in peace little Bella

ETA: http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...osecutor_baby_bella_screamed_to_be_let_out_in
link that mentions seizures

I have been laying around for 2 days shooting 2 things up my nostrils. Saline and vicks. I have a really crappy head cold. That's the extent of my drug use LOL. As crazy as this crime has made me, bio dad is sending me off the charts with his endless french fry short of a happy meal bravado. Family time, breaking the case, defending RB, blame game. Keep it up there cant wait to see how your words play out in a Court of Law. What a fidiot! Pardon my rant. How are you possibly showing any respect to the Daughter you now recently claim. You dont even know all the facts any more than we do! Then again we have not been privy to "Family Time" with RB.

[video=cnn;us/2015/09/21/bella-bond-mother-boyfriend-plead-not-guilty-casarez-dnt-lead.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/index.html[/video]

"Amoroso told reporters he knew Bond didn't kill their daughter and said a track mark on Bond's neck leads him to believe she was sedated against her will because he doesn't see how she could have injected herself. "

So is JA/RB claiming McM has been regularly injecting her with heroin for the last 5 months? Or that the one track mark just hasn't healed? Do these people hear the words coming out of their mouths?

I think she's trying to claim, at least to Bella's father, that she's basically been held captive since Bella's murder and was only able to get away and tell people what happened since MM was hospitalized. I think Bella's father really, really wants to believe her for a couple of reasons. First, he doesn't want to believe he liked, cared for and had a child with a monster. Second, he wants to alleviate his own guilt for not doing more, this is easier if he can convince himself RB loved her daughter and wouldn't hurt her and this new boyfriend came on the scene and killed Bella and kept RB hostage. He can believe Bella was loved by RB up until the boyfriend came. His feelings and thoughts may change as more information comes out and he learns RB was even more of a monster than MM. RB was abusing Bella long before MM came around, in fact, she probably started abusing Bella even when Bella was in the womb.

However, I think RB is going to get off easier than MM because she cooperated with the investigators from the beginning and threw MM under the bus. Also, because she was the one who started confessing to people. She knew the game was about up and she strategically gave herself an advantage over MM. I think she's a very manipulative person and knows what she's doing right now.

I was able to live stream the hearing today for only a few minutes. In those few minutes I observed a spaced out MM. He had a far away gaze and didn't seem to even be present. Is that a withdrawl stare or is that from his seizure medication, or what? I don't have any experience with either... Another question... what was up with his left hand? It looks to be covered to the fingertips in a cast or gauze under his blue polo styled shirt.

OT: I haven't posted in a long long time. I have been on this thread since the beginning. I was up on Cape Cod when this broke over the summer. Rest in peace little Bella

He was in Hospital due to abcess in the arm he was shooting heroin in until Court. I have many Clients on Psychotropic drugs and some on seizure meds. Hard to say with an addict what exactly he was on when in Court. Not sure I buy his Lawyers seizure story. He may have them but could be a result of long time drug use. He really did looked spaced out and/or his brain is essentially fried????

I have been laying around for 2 days shooting 2 things up my nostrils. Saline and vicks. I have a really crappy head cold. That's the extent of my drug use LOL. As crazy as this crime has made me, bio dad is sending me off the charts with his endless french fry short of a happy meal bravado. Family time, breaking the case, defending RB, blame game. Keep it up there cant wait to see how your words play out in a Court of Law. What a fidiot! Pardon my rant. How are you possibly showing any respect to the Daughter you now recently claim. You dont even know all the facts any more than we do! Then again we have not been privy to "Family Time" with RB.
I hope after family time with RB was over he went home and soaked in a tub full of Clorox. JMO

These DCF investigations that were opened in 2012 and 2013 (and eventually closed) ... I wonder WHO called DCF on RB?

Where are those people that felt RB needed reporting?

Just way too many people dropped the ball on Bella IMHO.

RB's family and RB's friends KNEW that RB was a druggie. Heck, she has been using all her life and lost TWO children already.

And all these people coming out saying they thought the baby on the billboard looked like Bella BUT RB told us differently ..... blah blah blah.

AND as far as the bio dad.......he is absolutely useless. Fame *advertiser censored*.

Anyone remember the person's account of RB coming to her apt. to borrow her WIFI password etc? Did we get a timeline on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth