Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, curiosity has killed this cat.

Against all judgment, better or otherwise, I have ordered Nurmi's book. It will be here Saturday. I am a fast reader and will summarize here. Ugh. This is my "taking one for the team" moment. The thought of giving this guy $5 or whatever his royalty is makes me want to vomit but I couldn't help myself.

I thought Jodi in her testimony said it was Jan 22 when this happened, although the forged pedo letter is dated Jan 21.

No. Jan 21, 2008 is date of pedo lie, Jan 22 is date of physical abuse /broken finger lie because of pedo lie.

IIRC it also had the year as 2007.

She didn't move to Mesa until July 2007. Christmas 2006 is when she drove from CA to Mesa, not only uninvited but explicitly disinvited to the party during which she slept hidden behind his Christmas tree for the night.

In Jodi's letter to the Alexanders she wrote about getting into his phone, but she was totally justified in doing so.

She's referring to what she says is the single time she ever ever snooped on him, June 2007, when she snooped his texts because she just had that familiar bad feeling he was cheating on her (what's a girl to do?).

BBM ~ I would think he knew they were fake, but JA was throwing fits to "make him" bring it up in court. Can a Defence attorney let his client lie, even though he/she does not believe them? TIA.

Not if he knows it's a lie, that is what is called suborning perjury. She wanted to act as her own attorney in 2011 when she tried to get those letters in. The judge said no but Nurmi was still acting as advice counsel. Maybe her introducing the letters let him off the hook legally, but he still made a lot of the pedo incident.

There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"

I think all thinking people are aware that Nurmi's tactics in court were way off even for a defense attorney stuck with a killer who showed no remorse and had no real defense to work with. Most people thought he was out of line on most levels. Good grief, even some non-thinking people (killer supporters) knew much of what he did should never have happened. But that's just it...he knows he is hated...and he wants to try to defend his actions.

There is no defense for most of what Nurmi said and did in court and in motions, etc. But I can understand his need to try to save face. I can't really think of many other reasons for him to write these memoirs. He can't actually expect to make any money on this...can he?

Re BBM

Actually I do think Money and "Fame" was his main motivation throughout and continues to be so. The way he stuck it to AZ for a higher charge for his rate and then dragged the case on and on and on and on was for money reason. At least thats the way I see it.

And now with the book or memoir or trash magazine or whatever we want to call it I think he is a fame hog. I think he was trying to out-do the other defense laywer in the CA case. He saw how just total BS worked in that case and so he used the same tactic to an extreme in this case.

Some of it JA gave him the idea and he ran with it and other things he went over the top by himself like accusing Juan and LE about the evidence misdeeds and false allegations about the evidence.

All JMO of course. I think it explains him pretty well. The one I cant quite figure out is how his female helper went right along with him and egged it on herself too. The only excuse I can give her is she seemed to lack skills in her profession. She seemed very novice and maybe she was partly naïve and so went right along with the plan. One example to back that theory up is how she would copy Juan. Many times she used the same phrase and objections as he did and I think it was because she just wasn't good at it. So she copied.

Jodis excuse is she is plain evil

There is a poster on twitter who has the book (from a friend who works for Amazon). So far:

"Nurmi's careful in book not to divulge confidential defense info, just stuff about #jodiarias rotten personality."

"Nurmi's book says PD office withdrew cuz of conflict of interest w/witness. They prob had case w/him/her. #jodiarias"

"The "letter" didn't come in cuz they found 3x5cards in #jodiarias cell practicing TAs handwriting. We knew she wrote the TA letter!"

"Nurmi: #jodiarias screamed @ mom to keep sending money or she'll starve, yet she was giving inmates commissary stuff. Treated mom badly."

"Nurmi & Martinez listened 2 calls #jodiarias made from jail & heard all her scams. Nurmi surprised JM didn't play 4 jury."

"Nurmi says #jodiarias plays to old man "suitors" who r sexually attracted to her to get $. They think she'll get out & run to them 2have sex"

"Nurmi on #jodiarias being like cult leader: That power can still b seen 2day by looking at the website asserting her innocence. Kool-Aid"

Thank you! Interesting ...

BBM ~ Makes me think of Dr. Samuels, which is why Juan brought it up in court.

Remember this?

[video=youtube;BPmvXxP45Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPmvXxP45Q0[/video]

Michael Kiefer of course LOL

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 20m20 minutes ago
#JodiArias prosecutor, def. attorney retry case in the bookstore

"I can't think of a case where a sitting... http://fb.me/4zNVfVTBe

Active link from my 'Twitter'

Against all judgment, better or otherwise, I have ordered Nurmi's book. It will be here Saturday. I am a fast reader and will summarize here. Ugh. This is my "taking one for the team" moment. The thought of giving this guy $5 or whatever his royalty is makes me want to vomit but I couldn't help myself.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

We understand. Its kind of like seeing a dirty filthy bum on the street. We don't want to stare but its hard not to. :)

Gus Scercy sure was nice to send Jodi a phone wasn't he? I think Jodi's stops at Gus's on her way to and from Mesa, had a purpose and money was always always in the equation.

Another one:

"#jodiarias was a loner as child, didn't play w/other kids. Smoked pot @14 & didn't shower 4 days. Still loner as adult. Mean to animals."

Can't say anything is a surprise, unless it's the fact that these comments are so personal. He was lying when he said only 9 days...

Gus Scercy sure was nice to send Jodi a phone wasn't he? I think Jodi's stops at Gus's on her way to and from Mesa, had a purpose and money was always always in the equation.

That's probably why she always felt like a prostitute, doing the nasty with old dudes for $$$$ YUCK!!

Another one:

"#jodiarias was a loner as child, didn't play w/other kids. Smoked pot @14 & didn't shower 4 days. Still loner as adult. Mean to animals."

Can't say anything is a surprise, unless it's the fact that these comments are so personal. He was lying when he said only 9 days...

Whatever happened to "smelling like a goddess"?

Seriously, though, these little reveals only deepen my contempt for the man. He defends pedophiles for a living, and we're supposed to believe he cares what people think of him?

The only conceivably honorable thing about defending the indefensible and the most vile is that he believes in their right to a full and vigorous defense, no matter and in spite of popular sentiment.

If he believed in what he does for a living he would never write a book trashing his ex-client. What he reveals himself to be- yet again- is an unprincipled man who will say or do anything to "win."

Disgusting.

It seems to me from reading the excerpts of his book from twitter that he is treading a fine line between attorney/client secrets in the things that he is saying about her.

Wonder if he will get into trouble because of it?

Seriously..as slimy as Nurmi is, I believe he feels dirty after having to deal with that psycho. I think he is trying to distance himself from her and hopes the book will convey that he did what he had to do on her behalf because it was his job to give her some kind of defense, and that doesn't like her, never liked her and was forced to be in contact with her despite his many efforts to be removed from it all.

I get it.

It doesn't make me like him, but I understand his need for this kind of cleansing. I cannot help but sympathize to some degree with anyone--no matter how low to the ground they are--who has come in contact with that killer at any point in their life.
But Nurmi's made career of coming into contact with people like this, and defending them. His private practice specializes in defending accused child molesters!

So I agree with your reasons, in that he's doing it to create distance between himself and Arias, but I think his motivations run much less deep.

They are not existential, they are practical.

Undoubtedly his association with Arias has damaged his reputation, but the reasons for that rest mostly on his own actions and the strategy he himself chose to follow.

Most likely, what he is now attempting to do is to throw it all onto Arias, including his own actions, and thus scrub his reputation - in order not to damage his prospects for future clients, and his image in front of future jurors.

I don't get why JM didn't show this whole day's texts and calls as proof that JA was never there when she said she was. .

Perhaps Juan didn't use as there is a two hour gap between 2.38 pm and 4.38 pm. Best not to give the killer a chance to use this. Also, he didn't need it. The jurors dismissed Arias' lies.

No, no. You're reading so we don't have to and I for one am grateful. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

It seems to me from reading the excerpts of his book from twitter that he is treading a fine line between attorney/client secrets in the things that he is saying about her.

Wonder if he will get into trouble because of it?

Surely he "lawyered up" on what he could say without losing his license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong