Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above bbm
I don't think we know whether or not she left a note. It's possible she did. I don't think LE would release that information, nor do I believe the media would report it. In fact, it seems to me the way things are coming out flow in a way that does indicate they may have found something to suggest it. The words of the fire captain you've quoted above and the words from her husband in the press conference seem to indicate there has been some kind of evidence found leading them to believe she may have willingly left or done something.

If some kind of evidence was found in the form of a suicide note or the like, then I hope it wasn't a red herring.

I have read countless articles about suicide when trying to reconcile why my husband's nephew took his own life, and in many of the articles I have read it stated most DO NOT leave a suicide note. IIRC, only a third of suicide victims leave notes.

imo

Mittendorff, 31, of Woodbridge, was last heard from April 13, when the Fairfax County firefighter called in sick and texted with her family. She was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on Friday.

http://patch.com/virginia/woodbridge-va/missing-woman-investigators-building-timeline

This is very interesting. The first time this has been reported. No one has referenced that she called out sick on Wednesday. I have emailed the author of the article to confirm that is in fact what he meant to include in his article. If so, it's the first time that has been released. Thanks!

As each day goes by and lil tidbits of information come out such as closed her FB account and called out sick to work, it is becoming more and more apparent that there is a lot more to the situation and we may never know exactly what happened. I hope she's okay and that she either ran off with someone or just needed to leave everything behind for a while and she hasn't decided this wonderful thing called life is not worth fighting for. I feel for her family as I think they suspect she is missing on her own accord but certainly can't come out and say that but yet ask for the publics help in finding her as they will take whatever help they can get.

Note

This thread will be closing in 10 minutes. I have generated a new thread for Nicole linked here.

Please read and "thank" the 2nd post outlining the discussion parameters so everyone is clear what is permitted.

Off topic-

I clicked somethimg and now I'm on the regular site on my iPhone.

How do I get back to the mobile version?

This is very interesting. The first time this has been reported. No one has referenced that she called out sick on Wednesday. I have emailed the author of the article to confirm that is in fact what he meant to include in his article. If so, it's the first time that has been released. Thanks!
This has been covered by MSM all day.

I have read countless articles about suicide when trying to reconcile why my husband's nephew took his own life, and in many of the articles I have read it stated most DO NOT leave a suicide note. IIRC, only a third of suicide victims leave notes.

imo

Yes, I have read stats along the same lines. I'm confused a bit by your response and I apologize if led to a misunderstanding, as I was not saying anything to suggest most do. Finding something to suggest a possible suicide doesn't have to be in the form of a note or any other kind of communication at all.

The VSP and FFX Co FD are very close...IMO, they are working very closely on this case and each department could easily influence the overall path of this investigation. But you are correct, VSP is in charge and to some degree NM is one of their own.

Woodbridge, VA has been reported as where NM lives - Woodbridge is in Prince William County, VA (Southern end of the DC/Northern VA Metro Area)

Fairview Fire Station #32 (NM's work station) is at 5600 Burke Centre Pkwy, Fairfax Station, VA 22039 - in Fairfax County, VA. (Pretty much a central location for Fairfax County)

CrossFit Warrenton is her reported CrossFit Team/Group/Location at 32-34 S. Second Street, Warrenton, VA 20186 - in Fauquier County, VA (moving West of Fairfax County and becoming increasingly more rural with each mile in most directions from this point)

Syria, VA - is in Madison County, VA and is near the area of the Shenandoah National Park near the Whiteout Canyon Trail & Old Rag Fire Roads (Not exactly sure where this location originated from so please fill me in. Also, have specifics been reported about what parking lot her car was located? Everything I read is non-specific.

A Google Map with all these locations is at this link https://goo.gl/maps/NKKPwsHFRP42 for reference and comparison to the National Park Maps/Trails below....

Shenandoah National Park Map:
https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/upload/whole_park.pdf

Shenandoah National Park - CLOSURES ASSOCIATED WITH ONGOING SEARCH (April 19, 2016) - https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/alerts.htm - Also lists closures & links to fire area on a map.
Whiteoak Trail
Cedar Run Trail
Cedar Run Link Trail
Limberlost Trail
Crescent Rocks Trail
Skyland to Big Meadows Horse Trail between the Whiteoak Canyon Trail and the Old Rag Fire Road

Just thought it might help create reference and travel paths to consider. Also, it is VERY common for residents to live further south than Woodbridge or further west than Culpeper, Warrenton or even Front Royal to commute daily into the Fairfax or DC area for work. There are park and rides, van-pools, etc....

Also, IMO she seems like the unlikely type to call in sick for a shift on Wednesday to go for a run or training mission that far out of the way. From all accounts I would be willing to bet that she is NOT the call in sick type, which is why when she didn't call/show on Friday the red flags w/ horns blazing started.

Praying she's found soon.

Reading through, I thought it was worth mentioning the obvious: As with most cases, LE and family are only providing the public with information that will increase the chance that folks will continue looking out for and reporting possible sightings or clues. As they should. If LE had info suggesting Nicole might have had an incident at work (or wasn't too crazy about the job after all, after something happened) and wanted to just get away for a while, we the public are not going to be made aware of that. Nor should we. Why would LE say anything that would dissuade people from keeping a sharp eye out or give up helping (on the basis people dismiss it as a voluntary leaving)? They wouldn't. Nor should we want them to. Even if she left on her own, her family wants to know she is okay and so they want this to stay important and an emergency so everyone remains on alert. Especially since, even if she left voluntarily, things could have happened subsequently and she could be in danger. So I would assume we do not, cannot and need not know more. The family is asking for help when it is needed (physical search, name of telecommunications referral). So when someone asks "why would LE not include such and such information", I think we should understand why. Just figured it would be good to remind everyone of this dynamic. PS, at least here we have a family that seems to be working hard to find out the truth, unlike the disastrous Anthony family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288