Should Adam be allowed to return to Australia?

Should Adam Baker be allowed to leave the United States?

• Yes, AB should be allowed to return to Australia.

Votes: 25 15.7%
  • No, AB should not be allowed to leave the USA.

Votes: 125 78.6%
  • I am unsure.

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
This article almost feels like some sort of sick joke. Adam appears at the least to be of average intelligence to me. After all, he navigated his IMVU account well enough to get to know EB, he raised Zahra, with his mothers help and according to her on his own for sometime, nursed her through all her medical issues, worked in OZ, worked for the tree service from dawn to dusk well here, evaded authorities, the law, fooled CPS, can operate a motor vehicle from point A to point B, relocate with his new love to another country, etc etc etc. His supporters have said he was a responsible loving dad and Zahra was his world. Please, just when did he get so dumb? My guess is around the time he realized he might just have a chance to pin all of the blame on EB.

He might try to pin the blame, but those guys and gals at the FBI are pretty darn smart.

Does anyone know if KB is back in Australia?

I think after seeing what was posted in a media site that Adam Baker will not be charged.

Police: Dad too 'dumb' to kill Zahra

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/police-dad-too-dumb-to-kill-zahra/story-fn6bqvxz-1226064436631

Just wanted everyone to know, this link is no longer available. Did the paper retract the entire article? IMO, they NEVER should have published this...poor journalism. Just because a writer submits something, the publishers are not obligated to print it.

Just wanted everyone to know, this link is no longer available. Did the paper retract the entire article? IMO, they NEVER should have published this...poor journalism. Just because a writer submits something, the publishers are not obligated to print it.

Interesting that it is no longer available. I'm going to go check and see if Toohey's other article is still up.

I was just able to access the article via that link. I wonder if they were updating it or something.

What a silly article IMO. This investigation is STILL ONGOING.

Also, I agree. That's not journalism. And WT* is a "wholesale idiot" ? Do people in NC buy idiots these days?! Sheesh! :banghead:

Nothing in association? Maybe they forgot about all the lies to LE beginning with the 911 call. Why didn't he tell the horrific truth then is he was so stupid and victimized and feared for his life? BECAUSE HE ISN'T a VICTIM.

"A senior source said Adam Baker would almost certainly never be charged in association with his daughter's death"

Perhaps the article tries to make AB more "comfortable" (than he already is), unsuspecting, and lax-- while he's out walking around with his little ankle monitor, yacking it up with his "buddies". (yes he is)

One never knows... ;)

IMO

Sadly, the fact remains that more of Zahra is still out there. Important parts. And they are still being looked for (not just by NC LE). And thousands of pieces of evidence recovered are still being studied. The truth WILL all come out and EVERYONE involved in obstructing justice as well as committing crimes (of ANY kind) will meet their fate. No matter how long it takes. There are always twists and turns and everyone will have their opinions. In the end its Justice for Zahra that really matters to me. Not the opinions of non-journalists.

Justice is coming sweet Zahra! And I'm sure Zahra is holding Caylee's hand right now while she waits for justice 1st. Zahra IS next.

</end rant>

What a silly article IMO. This investigation is STILL ONGOING.

Also, I agree. That's not journalism. And WT* is a "wholesale idiot" ? Do people in NC buy idiots these days?! Sheesh! :banghead:

Nothing in association? Maybe they forgot about all the lies to LE beginning with the 911 call. Why didn't he tell the horrific truth then is he was so stupid and victimized and feared for his life? BECAUSE HE ISN'T a VICTIM.

"A senior source said Adam Baker would almost certainly never be charged in association with his daughter's death"

Perhaps the article tries to make AB more "comfortable" (than he already is), unsuspecting, and lax-- while he's out walking around with his little ankle monitor, yacking it up with his "buddies". (yes he is)

One never knows... ;)

IMO

Sadly, the fact remains that more of Zahra is still out there. Important parts. And they are still being looked for (not just by NC LE). And thousands of pieces of evidence recovered are still being studied. The truth WILL all come out and EVERYONE involved in obstructing justice as well as committing crimes (of ANY kind) will meet their fate. No matter how long it takes. There are always twists and turns and everyone will have their opinions. In the end its Justice for Zahra that really matters to me. Not the opinions of non-journalists.

Justice is coming sweet Zahra! And I'm sure Zahra is holding Caylee's hand right now while she waits for justice 1st. Zahra IS next.

</end rant>

BBM Thanks for that info, I was wondering if there was still a concerted effort to find her remains.

BBM Thanks for that info, I was wondering if there was still a concerted effort to find her remains.

A plethora of different avenues/places/people/TIPS are continuing to be investigated and I thank God & any and every Higher Power that there is no Sunshine Law that exists in NC. Had they NOT existed in FL I think that we wouldn't be coming to grips with a murderer walking free this Sunday.

:cow:

I just started reading about this case. Does anyone know why Adam was not charged with anything related to Zahra's death?

I just started reading about this case. Does anyone know why Adam was not charged with anything related to Zahra's death?

Many of us haved been pondering this question since the beginning (his weird 911 call). IMO, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" ...and I think she will sing loud and clear!

I'm not concerned about Adam being 'in a strange land'
How long did he live here prior to the death of Zahra?
How strange is the US to him? Does he not speak and comprehend English?
He's not from Mars, he's lived here for a while, I'm sure he's adjusted.

His living? What did he do prior to this? Was he capable of holding down a job and maintaining a lifestyle before the death of his daughter? Was he supporting his family? Surely there is something he can do in the meantime. Perhaps the family and friends he must be eager to run back to in Australia can help him out until this is resolved? (I can't think of any other reason for him to run back to a place he left behind, leaving his daughter's case unfinished, unless he has someone there to go back to)

I don't know much about Adam, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for someone who allegedly "missed" the abuse signs that must have been there to see, and didn't do more to help police.

I think after he pays for his present legal problems, he should be let go. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, although it does seem wierd that he did not have a clue that Elisa was abusing Zahra even when the Dept. of Social Services visited. He seems a bit naive and malleable. I guess that's why he was attracted to a manipulative person like Elisa. I think Elisa must have controlled things. It doesn't sound like he did anything bad to Zahra though. There is no account of any physical abuse of the child when she was in Australia. It sounds like there was no physical abuse until she was in Elisa's hands. I hope the prosecutors can change this to a first-degree-murder charge for Elisa, though. This women makes KC look like a saint.

I think after he pays for his present legal problems, he should be let go. I kind of feel sorry for the guy, although it does seem wierd that he did not have a clue that Elisa was abusing Zahra even when the Dept. of Social Services visited. He seems a bit naive and malleable. I guess that's why he was attracted to a manipulative person like Elisa. I think Elisa must have controlled things. It doesn't sound like he did anything bad to Zahra though. There is no account of any physical abuse of the child when she was in Australia. It sounds like there was no physical abuse until she was in Elisa's hands. I hope the prosecutors can change this to a first-degree-murder charge for Elisa, though. This women makes KC look like a saint.

I disagree with your statement "It doesn't sound like he did anything bad to Zahra though." I think his not protecting his only child is doing something bad to them. I think not speaking to any child who is living in your home for 2weeks is doing something bad to them. Remember Adam thought Zahra was alive during those two weeks...or least that is what he tells the media. But wait, he also told the media he saw Zahra fully out of bed on Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, or whatever day.

Regarding your statement "There is no account of any physical abuse of the child when she was in Australia." Australia has strict privacy laws and we will NEVER know the truth about that.

I don't feel one ounce of pity for him. He could have prevented her death! Yes, I am angry that he is not behind bars where he belongs.

I just personally think we will learn alot more about this before its over. With Adam saying over and over he cant answer the question of when he last saw her alivethere is something that will come out at the trial that we dont know yet. I also think if they even remotrly thought he had anything to do with this he would be behind bars. I think when its all said and done he will go back to OZ. JMO

I thiunk they both did lots of bad things to that little girl that didn't even end with her dying
Bless your heart Zahra

He should be made to stay here .
Of course he should ...noone even knows the whole story yet of what happened to Zahra .

I truly believe Adam Baker knew exactly what was happening with his daughter.

For heaven's sake, she was missing for ages before she was reported as such.

I live in Sydney Australia and a friend, who is a lawyer, and I watched him on Australian 60 Minutes. My lawyer friend was almost ready to throw things at the tele. It was the most sickening performance and deserving of a Razzie award (the awards granted to bad actors and bad movies). His crocodile tears were disgusting and he kept sniffing and giving the reporter these fake-looking melancholy looks that would put Princess Di to shame. Whenever he sniffed during the interview, there were no tears to accompany the sniffs.

It was a truly disgusting performance.

I don't believe for a minute that he is an innocent in this. Not for one single second.

If he comes back here, I don't know how welcome he will be!

ETA: regarding the post on the previous page about the Adelaide Now article. That is owned by News Limited. They ALWAYS get stuff wrong, especially when posting about O/S cases. They pull stuff from the wires and make up stuff to try and make it look like the reporter was actually on the scene and spoke to people. I did my journalism cadetship with News Ltd. A very untrustworthy media group IMO. Just look at Fox News!!

I just personally think we will learn alot more about this before its over. With Adam saying over and over he cant answer the question of when he last saw her alivethere is something that will come out at the trial that we dont know yet. I also think if they even remotrly thought he had anything to do with this he would be behind bars. I think when its all said and done he will go back to OZ. JMO

BBM Or wherever there is another Elisa. :puke:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back