IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread[/B]

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

New Thread for the girls. Continue here after reviewing the rules. This includes speculation about witnesses.

You may continue here.

I just had to spend the better part of an hour cleaning up the last thread and that is just not acceptable.

Please post responsibly.

:nurse:

Wow, things here sure have quieted down :(

Wow, things here sure have quieted down :(

Everyone might have the fear of God in them right now and don't want to violate TOS. Or they know that anything they say will for sure violate TOS. Or like me, I wish I had something new to add, but I unfortunately do not.

If I've been reading things correctly, the lake isn't a place either of the girls frequented and I think a good starting point would be to figure out what might have drawn them to the lake area in the first place. Kids are curious creatures to begin with and it's their nature to want to explore, but if they didn't frequent this area, then there has to be something that drew them there that day; especially if they didn't have a lot of time on their hands to be out and about.

Everyone might have the fear of God in them right now and don't want to violate TOS. Or they know that anything they say will for sure violate TOS. Or like me, I wish I had something new to add, but I unfortunately do not.

I do believe you have hit the nails on their heads :hills:
me >>>:chicken:

One of the reasons I asked in the last thread if this was some sort of state park was that I know that in IA they have to have a pass to get into the area to begin with and that may have been one of the reasons the bikes were left at the gate. People with vehicles would be required to have a state sticker on their front windshield.

Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Looks like I missed some stuff with the thread being closed and all.

I think the poster who suggested there may have been a class reunion that someone could have been in town for made a good point. Definitely something worth checking in to.

That was me. Also in a lot of the small towns around here they have street dances which draw people from all over. Just another thought.

One of the reasons I asked in the last thread if this was some sort of state park was that I know that in IA they have to have a pass to get into the area to begin with and that may have been one of the reasons the bikes were left at the gate. People with vehicles would be required to have a state sticker on their front windshield.

Good point, but this is just a city park at the edge of town that makes use of land around a cesspool of a lake. There is a private campground to the west called Deerwood, but I get the impression that it is not gated either.

Another thought that came to mind, has there been any carnivals traveling in the area? Sometimes they have some shady characters running the games and rides.

If I've been reading things correctly, the lake isn't a place either of the girls frequented and I think a good starting point would be to figure out what might have drawn them to the lake area in the first place. Kids are curious creatures to begin with and it's their nature to want to explore, but if they didn't frequent this area, then there has to be something that drew them there that day; especially if they didn't have a lot of time on their hands to be out and about.

I keep going back to Aunt T's statement on NG. She said that the 3 sisters who lived across the street from Lizzie rode their bikes to the lake all of the time, and once Lizzie went along.

I would like to know more about that. Why did the girls ride to that lake all of the time. The only reason I can think of is the skatepark nearby. MY DD always found excuses to ride around near our local skater park when she was that age. Imo, girls that age seek out other kids [ cough *boys* ] when they are out riding around. I am thinking more Lyric than Lizzie, but even 8 yr olds like to go where all of the other kids are usually.

I keep going back to Aunt T's statement on NG. She said that the 3 sisters who lived across the street from Lizzie rode their bikes to the lake all of the time, and once Lizzie went along.

I would like to know more about that. Why did the girls ride to that lake all of the time. The only reason I can think of is the skatepark nearby. MY DD always found excuses to ride around near our local skater park when she was that age. Imo, girls that age seek out other kids [ cough *boys* ] when they are out riding around. I am thinking more Lyric than Lizzie, but even 8 yr olds like to go where all of the other kids are usually.

Definitely a good thought there. I wonder what kind of kids or characters hung out around there? We've got a skate park here in Sioux Falls and I know my daughter use to want to go over there just to watch and hang out with friends.

A few things going on that day/weekend. Haven't found any reunions yet.

Jessup Farmers Days
Plainfield Days
Hops & Grapes Event

A few things going on that day/weekend. Haven't found any reunions yet.

Jessup Farmers Days
Plainfield Days
Hops & Grapes Event

ETA: The first one looks like a carnival.

I meant to edit my post not post again. Arggh. I cant delete it from Tapatalk.

OT...any scanner expert out there?
why would they shut down the main scanner channel for waterloo?
It has not been working since yesterday morning...
we are using an alternate channel that includes another county, but I doubt we're hearing all the calls...

If one could get the kids talking one might find out a lot of stuff which to the average adult might not think its be a big deal but the kids might think otherwise. I think its really important to listen to what the kids have to say no matter how insignificant it might be. Little things add up. Maybe a child mentioned something at the dinner table of an incident that took place or seeing something strange. Just a thought.

If one could get the kids talking one might find out a lot of stuff which to the average adult might not think its be a big deal but the kids might think otherwise. I think its really important to listen to what the kids have to say no matter how insignificant it might be. Little things add up. Maybe a child mentioned something at the dinner table of an incident that took place or seeing something strange. Just a thought.

I agree. I have also wondered if MAYBE the perps were lying in wait for the 3 sisters that always rode to that lake. Maybe they were seen there and someone was lurking and waiting, and Lyric and Lizzie came by instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member