2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect if it was in re: a separate matter. Just sharing info... I did see in the video I referenced previously, the deputy talking to Cindy and also Cindy leaving alone after the convo w/attorney. She shows something to GA they confer and she leaves with a white slip of paper. I have no idea what if anything it means.

Could it have been a note from KC?

My opinion....

This trial has jumped the shark....

assuming most of you know the reference.

I think that the DT has for sure! I bet a trip to ye olde photoshoppe is in the works for some of our more creative WS'ers.

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

True, but even if it was when JS was involved, I'm sure HHJP knew all about the shenanigans going on, and as the head of that circuit court, may have wanted Mason plugged in as a preemptive measure, even before JS decided to recuse himself when it got out of hand (after listening to LKB's ridiculous diatribes recently on HLN about how HHJP is making mistakes and is biased, I'm wondering if she was the one who gave JB the idea to go after Strickland to begin with). This case has probably been a thorn in the side of the state since Day 31.

Late post, but ITA ... I think Jose was coached for sure between Andrea Lyons, LKB and Mason ... IMO Mason is the one who initiated going after Judge Strickland and seems to like to go after the big guys and the system in general ... which is making me wonder, after so many attempts at a mistrial if Mason's decided to go after Judge Perry for some sort of bias or improper ruling ... both he and Jose still think Perry's order for them to produce expert reports was unfair and Jose's even brought that up each time he's gotten in trouble for discovery violations ...
Also, LKB has been vocal about this in recent statements on HLN ... just seems hinky ... also, wierd that Judge Strickland was in the courtroom on Friday ? ....
I could be way off base, but the only other reason for the abrupt end to the trial today that I can think of is Mason and Baez going after Ashton about the Rodrigues thing ... or about discovery (phone call records) that he's saying Ashton withheld ... who knows ... guess we have no choice but to wait until Monday ...
:twocents:

From here @ the 7:30 mark until the end..Lee gets off the stand at lunch recess and is standing w/his parents and their attorney at the back of the courtroom..IF his emotions were not preplanned or contrived somebody tell me why neither parent reaches to comfort him..George hugs Cindy..Cindy hugs George..which is it?..Cold as ice parents or they were expecting the emotion so it doesn't bother them? Someone PLEASE watch this and tell me whether you find it as troubling as I do..

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/24/11 (Cindy & Lee Anthony)‬‏

My guess in listening and watching Lee in the last while? Saying what I would probably be saying at that moment - don't touch me - don't you dare touch me...
He has just watched his mother walk very close to the perjury line to try and save ICA's skin like she has always done. He apparently knew Baez was going to try to raise the "parents thought he was maybe the child's father?" Geez would you fall into your mother's arms right after testifying about being emotionally shut out by your parents because they were catering to ICA?

I can tell you I would not. And we know he had lunch by himself that day apparently because he wanted to.

I was replying to the poster who speculated Lee might be suicidal and the reason for the delay today. I doubt his parents would be sitting in the court room if that were the case.

I watched the wftv video. The link is posted on this thread. Cindy was chatting with the man sitting next to her. She didn't look distraught.

I think Lee may be on the verge, I posted it. I did not say that is why trial was postponed though, it is just an observation.

I must say that Cindy would never notice if Lee was suicidal though, just my personal observation, I could be wrong. Her actions would never reflect it, nor her knowledge. Just personal experience speaking.

Was not suggesting trial did not continue b/c of that as I know very well better.

Just hoping Lee is okay, sorry if it was misunderstood.

Maybe his mom didn't hug him cause he didn't lie for KC?

I can't figure it out..JA got him to admit in court that he had met with JB this last week and made note that he never would meet with the SA and ask him about it. I was already suspect of what he would say and that made me more so..I just don't know whether they knew what to expect because it was all planned or whether they are both are that cold..

He wasn't reading an e-mail - he was reading the real time transcript. Mason is hard of hearing. Mason is often glued to his screen, reading what's being said, especially during jury selection.

I didn't say what he was reading, but that is the way it transpired. moo

It won't happen. Too late.

Disclaimer: Geraldo topic
Just to expand a bit on what he said on Fox at 7:30 (and I was only partially listening).
He said he feels they will wrap up by the 4th of July and he doesn't know how that would be possible as there were 10 witnesses prepared in court today. One way to make that deadline would be a plea according to GR.
Then he prattles on about how the judge is unfair to the defense, sustaining almost every ruling for the prosecution who, by GR's estimates, have spent over a million dollars thus far and the defense spending only about one hundred thousand (and Baez has only received a one time payment of 90,000).
GR says the trial will definitely resume Monday morning.
I realize GR is mostly just a shill for the defense but I suspect he's got a fairly direct route to JB.

I have thought since the beginnings of court proceedings that ICA was destroying the fragile skin beneath her eyes by wiping with such ferocity--to bring tears, etc. Looks like it might be catching up. She has aged beyond 10 years during this time. Also believe I am seeing some premature gray hairs creeping in!

First, please don't overlook what was revealed regarding Lee's testimony. Specifically, that Lee approached Baez after the trial started. Which means that when Baez gave his opening statement, he was basically winging it and hoping that he would be able to get out testimony that would help him, he wasn't sure.

Second, Yes, the business was to release the jury.

What I found of particular interest was Lee's comment (paraphrased) that after a period of time it was evident to him that nobody was going to mention this "information" to the DT.

Also, remember cindy donating all of caylee's shoes? Why just the shoes?
Something stinks.

There are SO many dysfunctional pieces to this puzzle, I had completely forgotten about her giving away Caylee's shoes, thanks for reminding me! There are so many things about CA that infuriate me to no end! As someone who has lost a small child also, I just have a really hard time wrapping my brain around her actions & motives regarding all of this, none of it is in the least bit logical or makes any sense? Ugh...again, thank you!:banghead:

I think Lee may be on the verge, I posted it. I did not say that is why trial was postponed though, it is just an observation.

I must say that Cindy would never notice if Lee was suicidal though, just my personal observation, I could be wrong. Her actions would never reflect it, nor her knowledge. Just personal experience speaking.

Was not suggesting trial did not continue b/c of that as I know very well better.

Just hoping Lee is okay, sorry if it was misunderstood.

Nah, I don't think that has anything to do with the delay either..even if it were to be true..but I sure agree with you..Cindy wouldn't notice and if she found out she prolly be mad like she was with George!

There are a multitude of commonly available drugs, OTC and prescription that she as an RN would think of before making a HUGE leap to Chloroform being used as a tranquillizer. It's not even on the average medical personnel's radar.

This is true...I just get this feeling that "something" led her to that search. Maybe she overheard something or heard rumors from somebody else? Pure speculation on my part.

On a totally unrelated note- I love how when asked about the shovel search she was like "i wouldn't need to search for that?!" and looked all perplexed.

And if that turned out to be a false statement, then JA would be in HUGE trouble, and would be a good explanation of today's events.

CM was sitting reading his laptop when out of nowhere, he called for a sidebar on a separate issue. Did he get an email? Did he find a piece of case law the SA or JP violated? Whatever it is, the objection looked to me as if it was prompted by something CM saw on his laptop, and it was quite abrupt and significant... enough to recess for the entire weekend.

Looks to me like this is an issue with the SA, not the DT. JMOO

Perfect example of how everyone sees and apparently hears things differently. Do you really think that a State prosecutor would LIE about receiving a phone call from the DOD in this case? In any case? Something that could be proven in about 2 seconds?

Who knows if this delay is something JB did. Maybe it's not, but I'm pretty positive it has nothing to do with the DOD phone call and JA.

First, please don't overlook what was revealed regarding Lee's testimony. Specifically, that Lee approached Baez after the trial started. Which means that when Baez gave his opening statement, he was basically winging it and hoping that he would be able to get out testimony that would help him, he wasn't sure.

Second, Yes, the business was to release the jury.

If I may "flesh" out your comment a bit - Lee testified on the stand he did not meet with the DT before the trial. And he got in touch with Baez to ask him specifically a question about something that came up in a conversation with his parents. A question....

My guess in listening and watching Lee in the last while? Saying what I would probably be saying at that moment - don't touch me - don't you dare touch me...
He has just watched his mother walk very close to the perjury line to try and save ICA's skin like she has always done. He apparently knew Baez was going to try to raise the "parents thought he was maybe the child's father?" Geez would you fall into your mother's arms right after testifying about being emotionally shut out by your parents because they were catering to ICA?

I can tell you I would not. And we know he had lunch by himself that day apparently because he wanted to.

Didn't someone post on yesterday's trial thread that Cindy was comforting Lee in the elevator and George turned away?

From here @ the 7:30 mark until the end..Lee gets off the stand at lunch recess and is standing w/his parents and their attorney at the back of the courtroom..IF his emotions were not preplanned or contrived somebody tell me why neither parent reaches to comfort him..George hugs Cindy..Cindy hugs George not in this vid, but we've seen it many times..So which is it?..Cold as ice parents or they were expecting the emotion so it doesn't bother them? Someone PLEASE watch this and tell me whether you find it as troubling as I do..

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 5 - 6/24/11 (Cindy & Lee Anthony)‬‏

Well, to be fair, after Lee leaves the stand the video doesn't show when he first goes to his parents...there is a time between 7:55 to 8:25 that the camera is not on them. For all we know, one or both parents did or tried to comfort him. Maybe he just wanted to be left alone? Maybe they hugged him and we didn't see? Some men don't like to be 'comforted' when they are upset, and they will just push away. For 30 seconds we have no video on them.

That is a very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member