An arrest has been made!

What she was arrested for tells us something as well- the crime of kidnapping includes holding someone against their will. It can be as much as what we consider everyday kidnapping/child abduction, or as little as in the Joseph Duncan case- tying his victim's hands a few minutes before he killed them.

So we don't know THAT much, but we can rule out MH accidentally backing up her car and hitting Sandra, and then freaking out and covering for it. That situation could be murder, but not kidnapping. At least for now-MH could always confess to something like that happening and the kidnapping charge would be dropped. But we can assume as of right now the police believe MH detained in one way or another Sandra before she killed her. :(

Edit: Here's a link to the CA kidnapping statute. Its wordy, but you get the idea that a kidnapping needs to be intentional. Doesn't cover accidental anything. http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=207-210

Edit again: The inmate booking report says 207(a):

207. (a) Every person who forcibly, or by any other means of
instilling fear, steals or takes, or holds, detains, or arrests any
person in this state, and carries the person into another country,
state, or county, or into another part of the same county, is guilty
of kidnapping.

I guess what I'm puzzled about is how could she have carried/lifted the suitcase WITH the body in it? That would be VERY hard for a female to do I would think (and I'm female!).

In addition, it makes more sense that she would be the person that simply lured the child and someone else did the actual dirty deed or deeds. Is it true that a guy delivered the letter to the memorial? Something just doesn't add up here.

They questioned her for 5 hours before arresting her. Just what I've read in the last hour had me horrified. I think she used her trusted Sunday school position to lure Sandra to procure her for child *advertiser censored*/sexual assault, and she has priors and knowledge of the dump area, the church, and it's her suitcase!

OMH, I just cant believe this. I have officially learned my lesson. Never again will I "assume" that in cases like this , the perp is 99.999999999 % male (who commits crimes like this).

I cant get to the boards often so maybe I missed all the posts about her.

Couple of questions, PLEASE.....

1. Did she teach or witness , ONLY at Clover Baptist ?

2. Did she teach or witness to Sandra ?

3. Is she the woman that related to the Lawlwss clan ?

4. Was it her brown Kia Sorento (SUV)

<sigh> I wish I had some spare time today to read here.

Thanks guys & gals ! Yall Rock !!!!!

..being somewhat new at posting I hope I am in the right thread...
.. Just my thoughts...autopsy report mentioned no trauma seen, could it be evident in toxicology that little Sandra was drugged?
MH had stated that 2 months there were narcotics found in a little girls blood that had been under the care of her while visiting a park with her daughter.
This case is just so unbelievable and tragic.

WHAT????? A woman????? OMG, there has got to be more to this story!

I agree there is more to the story, but you say that like women are not capable of stuff like this. WE ALL KNOW BETTER, Women can kill just as quickly as a man.

Sounds like we missed a presser? LE thinks she was killed before she was reported missing.

http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_...de-In-Cantu-Murde=1&blockID=263868&feedID=190

Thanks,
This information gives me hope that there is not a 'ring' of internet pervs connection.
The timeframe appears too short.
However, that doesn't lessen the horror of what happened to this poor child.

Is it me - or are more and more women becoming the aggressors in this type of crime (abduction or murder of children)?

I guess what I'm puzzled about is how could she have carried/lifted the suitcase WITH the body in it? That would be VERY hard for a female to do I would think (and I'm female!).

In addition, it makes more sense that she would be the person that simply lured the child and someone else did the actual dirty deed or deeds. Is it true that a guy delivered the letter to the memorial? Something just doesn't add up here.

Sorry I guess i haven't kept up as well as I thought but what is this letter that was delivered to the memorial?

OMG. I am late and need to catch up. Wasn't able to read much yesterday either. This is not what I expected.

Did Sandra see something in Melissa's home then Melissa has to make sure Sandra doesn't tell? The little girls pop in a movie, only it's not Disney?

It's a statement like this that makes me wish we could hit the thanks button over and over and over and over.

I thought the exact thing.

I am so relieved that they made an arrest so quickly. But there are SO many questions, especially about this happening so quickly after the video.

WHY?!?!??!

you know if this wasnt an accidental death (run over by car) then maybe they need to check into her past to see if there are any other missing children from wherever she has been!
Im as shocked as everyone else here that it was a woman...a mother no less!

Wow, I am in shock. I want to know motive? Reasoning? Cause of Death? Where was Connie? What happened? I just don't understand. I realize LE said no more expected arrests, anyone suppose that may not be true???

LE has played this very close. So many pressers saying 'we can't comment'. It is absolutely possible that 'someone' is being lulled into a false sense of security.

Also, no more expected arrests does leave the door wide open for some unexpected arrests. I hope they are waiting for the media to go question people that MH was close to, LE may glean some contradictions between statements to the press and evidence already gathered.

Even if MH implicated someone else, her word alone isn't worth much TBH, so they'll need to gather independant evidence in support of it before making further arrests.
We may see some more 'questionings' though. The police never really dropped the 'them' verbage.

I agree there is more to the story, but you say that like women are not capable of stuff like this. WE ALL KNOW BETTER, Women can kill just as quickly as a man.

My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo

you know if this wasnt an accidental death (run over by car) then maybe they need to check into her past to see if there are any other missing children from wherever she has been!
Im as shocked as everyone else here that it was a woman...a mother no less!

Given that it appears Melissa drugged a 7 year old at the MHP, I'm thinking Melissa is wacked and this was not an accident.

She must have mental illness. The NECN article mentions that she was due in court April 17th April 17th to "check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft she pleaded no contest to."

Three year probation and mental health program for a petty theft?

I am sick. My heart hurts. Prayers to both families as they try to make sense of the senseless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back