TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...gotta go to Doggy Day Care and make it back home before NG.

Corroborate = substantial?

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
Thursday, January 06 2011

Authorities in Colorado City say they have "substationial leads" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

"Our leads are primarily around corroboration and information from the different people that they've interviewed and talked to," said City Manager Pete Kamfer during in interview with Lane Stone. "We're corroborating all the different information and data that they've provided."

Kamfer says they're intensifying their investigation and narrowing leads.

Kamfer also revealed for the first time the city is aggressively tracking sex offenders to make sure they know where they're located at all times.

"We're also following up on information that they've provided us to make sure they are where they say there are," said Kamfer.

Kamfer also dispelled many of the rumors circulating -- including that Dunn's body was found by DPS helicopters.

"Nothing lihas been found of that nature," added Kamfer. "We're still very hopeful."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328506

Hmm, that is one of two fields/open areas I asked if had been searched....
I am hoping that they are not just using helicopters for those areas but are also working grid searches in the areas. It wouldn't be the first time the eyes in the sky have missed something....

You did ask about that area last night.

Omg, please look at the second posting on the find Hailey facebook page, someone commented not even a minute ago something horrible:tears:

ETA : Not under the prayers thread, the one below it

Authorities in Colorado City say they have "substantial leads" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

"Our leads are primarily around corroboration and information from the different people that they've interviewed and talked to," said City Manager Pete Kampfer during in interview with Lane Stone. "We're corroborating all the different information and data that they've provided."

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328506

Yeah.........why would the Secret Service be involved????????????????? That's never happened has it?
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2403

Snipped:

About the United States Secret Service
The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service’s commitment to NCMEC builds upon a 12-year relationship in which the Secret Service continues to provide forensic, technical and investigative assistance in support of any investigation involving missing or exploited children. The Secret Service’s Operation Safe Kids initiative, promotes the safety of children by providing parents with a document containing biographical data, a current photograph and digitized, inkless fingerprints of their children. The agency also provides child safety briefings, bringing safety awareness to both children and parents.

ETA: Man, I see a lot of you are a lot quicker on the draw than I am!

Omg, please look at the second posting on the find Hailey facebook page, someone commented not even a minute ago something horrible:tears:

I am hoping it's a rumor.

I hope it's just a rumor...

There is also a post about a news conference at 6pm. Anyone find any other info on that?

I think that is just a harsh rumor...very rudely put too.

I am going to brand that person.... less than credible.

Not that the city manager is anymore credible.... but I'll wait for a better source. Or some actual activity in a location that indicates some sort of crime scene. The media is more on top of this now, I think we will hear about it if LE suddenly all shows up at one area. Just like we did when they showed up at the house.

It could be true, or not. But I think the media will notice the activity quickly if it is.

Can someone do a google street map search on the old building they are talking about on the FB page?

The initials DL has posted it a few times in the last few minutes on that site, others who are local are saying it is not true.... And she is the only one saying it, I wont believe it off of a rumor. I pray it is not true!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson