Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awe bless Gracie's heart! She was scared when JY was out because she was by herself at her job. Worried he'd come at her. I was afraid when he was out on bond. :(

Bless Gracie's heart, she did the right thing from her heart not for fame!

As well as the 4 G's that refused to budge last summer that allowed justice to be served yesterday.

Based on these 2 interviews, its interesting to note that the "doll play"/CY comments was not a factor, and apparently neither was the civil trial.

Essentially, these jurors focused on the same evidence and testimony as the first jury and came to a different conclusion.

That's bad news for the appeal, and any contentions regarding the civil case and the doll play/comments (two strong objections).

She also qualified the missing clothing with the rationale that if you were innocent, and knew your relationship with the victim at the time (horrible) would bring the focus on you, you would be extra attentive to any perception that you withheld or destroyed evidence.

Gracie on phone on IS (kind of hard to hear her best I could do):

She's going over what happened with JY on the morning of the murder. Ryan asks if he was someone who was out of control and in a rage. Gracie: "yes he sure was". When she first heard his voice when he testified she turned to husband and said "that is him, I remember that voice" and when she saw pics of him being locked up it looked just like the shirt he had on that night.

She was scared when he was out on bail. Worried that he was going to come to her and "start" on her. When she was testifying she didn't even look at him. God told her to testify again.

Both of these jurors were extremely articulate; and provided us a little bit of insight into how they reached this just verdict. It seems they didn't rush to judgement and really made an honest, thoughtful effort to go through each little piece of the puzzle that they weren't sure about. I thank the both of them for sharing with us today, and also for their time spent the last month listening carefully to all the testimony and evidence that allowed them to come to a guilty verdict that is more than deserved. This goes for the other 10 and the alternates too! As well as the 4 G's that refused to budge last summer that allowed justice to be served yesterday. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!!

This jury used common sense in interpreting circumstantial evidence. They took jury service very seriously. This jury is to be commended, as well as the courageous four hold-outs from the first trial. They are shining examples of what all jurors should be.

What was the outcome of the civil trial? Is there a thread here? TIA

Loved that nobody on the jury bought the 'cigar story'. And the first juror to speak noted that the jeans in JLY's luggage didn't match the jeans he was seen wearing the last time he was in a photo. No jeans, no shirt, no HP's, no rounded toe shoes to produce. "If he had those items, why didn't he produce them for LE?" Some believed gracie, some not so much, but her testimony fit exactly into the timeline. They believed JLY unplugged the camera, and then flipped it up upon returning to the hotel. The first juror to speak, had the timeline down pat. She rattled off those times from memory. And everyone believed no random intruder would clean up a baby.

I too was glad to hear the jurors focused on those jeans. PT had always made it clear to me the shirt and shoes were missing. I also kept looking at pics of CB and HI and was positive the jeans in those pics were not the same as the ones recovered in JY's vehicle.

Default judgement against him. He did not even respond at all to the filing. Zero, zip, zilch, nada.

He now has a judgement of over $15 million dollars that he owes to Michelle Young's estate and all the insurance proceeds also went to the estate since by default judgement against him, he forfeited any rights to claim them.

I'm not sure if there is a thread; but it was a judgement by default because JY just never bothered to reply or show up. If you're so innocent, why not?! $15.5 million judgement against him on the books in North Carolina.

If you google Linda or Meredith you can review a lot of the custody, visitation & WD documents.

First poll on Friday - all 4 men voted guilty and 1 lady guilty, 1 ng, 6 undecided

This means they worked the evidence. Good for them. And then after lunch, the juror said everyone thought guilty, but they spent some time going over it again to make sure that is what everyone thought. It sounds like they did a good job and really considered the evidence and each other's opinions.

Good for them!

Salem

Based on these 2 interviews, its interesting to note that the "doll play"/CY comments was not a factor, and apparently neither was the civil trial.

Essentially, these jurors focused on the same evidence and testimony as the first jury and came to a different conclusion.

That's bad news for the appeal, and any contentions regarding the civil case and the doll play/comments (two strong objections).

She also qualified the missing clothing with the rationale that if you were innocent, and knew your relationship with the victim at the time (horrible) would bring the focus on you, you would be extra attentive to any perception that you withheld or destroyed evidence.

Totally agree! It will be very, very interesting to read the wording of the appeal. Yesterday they indicated they'd be filing immediately. There is nothing that I can see from the outcome of this trial to grant an appeal. We shall see...

JY reminds me so much of the Coleman case... from thinking he was smarter than the LE & jury, right down to falling down to his knees when he "found out" his wife was murdered. CC is also appealing his verdict & fighting the exhumation of his wife & sons to be buried in her hometown instead of his until all his appeals are exhausted... it's sick!

Totally agree! It will be very, very interesting to read the wording of the appeal. Yesterday they indicated they'd be filing immediately. There is nothing that I can see from the outcome of this trial to grant an appeal. We shall see...

JY reminds me so much of the Coleman case... from thinking he was smarter than the LE & jury, right down to falling down to his knees when he "found out" his wife was murdered. CC is also appealing his verdict & fighting the exhumation of his wife & sons to be buried in her hometown instead of his until all his appeals are exhausted... it's sick!

Yes, sickening. Strangled his own children. They had his car on camera at the house though - good luck with that appeal!

Will we every know what the outcome is on the psychology evaluation on JY?

That civil judgement, with accrued interest, is now over $18.5M and counting.

But a guilty verdict in a murder trial? Priceless.

Will we every know what the outcome is on the psychology evaluation on JY?

The only clue will be what level of security he gets placed, whether it's in medium security or maximum security. They separate out the violent, dangerous and crazy. If he is deemed acceptable for medium security he could (eventually) get moved to another prison in the system. If it's maximum security I think he stays at Central.

However, the way things are going in this state they almost need to build a "spouse murderers" section and put 'em all there.

I am glad to hear that some of the jurors used that 20 minute break to pray about their decision. IMO, they definitely took their duty seriously and made sure they were doing what they felt was right. I think that the self-introspection and prayer can help them be content with their decision.

There is a section of town in Memphis called Cooper-Young district, I think there will be a section of the prison also titled like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow