NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renner only posts what suits him, I find it pretty frustrating because things have a way of becoming facts when they're repeated or not disputed (e.g., that there's no evidence that they had looked at cars -- sure, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge of anything in this case) -- I just have to keep reminding myself that it's his blog. Sigh.

Renner only posts what suits him, I find it pretty frustrating because things have a way of becoming facts when they're repeated or not disputed (e.g., that there's no evidence that they had looked at cars -- sure, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of that, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge of anything in this case) -- I just have to keep reminding myself that it's his blog. Sigh.

It bugs me when he focuses on Fred. IMO, Fred has nothing to do with Maura's disappearance and if Fred doesn't want to talk to the public about his daughter and her possible troubles, he shouldn't have to. I truly believe whatever happened to Maura happened after her accident in NH.

Also, why is Renner questioning if Maura and Fred were looking at cars or not? To me, this is not the mystery! I'm satisfied they looked at a car or several cars. If not, that was Fred's intentions when he was visiting Maura. Why even question it? JMO

It bugs me when he focuses on Fred. IMO, Fred has nothing to do with Maura's disappearance and if Fred doesn't want to talk to the public about his daughter and her possible troubles, he shouldn't have to. I truly believe whatever happened to Maura happened after her accident in NH.

Also, why is Renner questioning if Maura and Fred were looking at cars or not? To me, this is not the mystery! I'm satisfied they looked at a car or several cars. If not, that was Fred's intentions when he was visiting Maura. Why even question it? JMO

His current post about Rauch's sister's suicide three years after the disappearance is way over the line IMHO. How could that have anything to do with Maura's disappearance, and seriously, he's trying to get his hands on the suicide note? I really fail to see why it's necessary to post about such a sensitive and tragic event unless it turns out that there is something in the note that solves the mystery, which I give a .000000000000000000000000000000000000005% chance, tops; -- I would bet that Rauch's sister had other things on her mind that are, frankly, none of Renner's and his readers' business.

There's a lot of that kind of innuendo on his blog. I wish I didn't know this part of the Raush family's lives and I will stop reading Renner's blog if this sort of thing continues. Raking up this family tragedy (of people who were not related by blood to Maura and are certainly not suspects in her disappearance) is indeed the low point thus far, but the ridiculous notion of accessing Maura's West Point student records via FOIA was almost as bad. What kind of reporter can't look up the federal rules (FERPA) that make student records private, even from parents? What kind of reporter doesn't know what FOIA is for--access to records of government agencies, not private individuals?

He's all about getting readers for the book he is going to write. Clearly he couldn't care less about the family or the victim. And his comments on questions posters raise about the reported blood in the A frame suggest that he has already got a narrative in mind, probably the jucier the better. Finally, I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who can't get a comment posted. I thought it was me.

More stuff to clear up from the discussions going on at Renner's blog:

Let's get past this point once and for all, please ... please.

there was no concrete factual "mysterious phone call" that led to to maura being upset at work on Thursday Feb 5, 2004.

Sloppy police statments that have been released led to mis-leading reporting which then snowballed into maura got a phone call at work and then became upset ....

Here is the actual FACTS (timeline on that thursday night at her security desk (receptionsist) job in the dorm.

10:10 p.m. to 10:38 p.m. --- Maura calls and conversates with her sister Kathleen.

12:07 a.m. to 12:14 a.m. ---- Maura calls and talks to someone in new city, New york (James Renner believes and is probably right that this number is Maura's boyfriend Billy Rausch).

Sometime right around 1:10 to 1:15 a.m. --- Area supervisor is notified to go check on maura because it has been reported that maura is upset.

Sometime in between 1:30 a.m. and 1:45 a.m. --- area supervisor encounters a distraught maura (not on a phone at the time) and relieves maura of the rest of her shift. Maura did blurt out "My sister" when supervisor tried to pry out what was wrong with Maura.

Those are the facts. Saying that a phone call upset maura is pure speculation and jumping to conclusions.

the key point is when the supervisor found maura, she was not on a phone at all.

Confused about timeline above where Billy R is said to be in New City, NY.
I thought he had to fly in from from somewhere when MM went missing?

Confused about timeline above where Billy R is said to be in New City, NY.
I thought he had to fly in from from somewhere when MM went missing?

Correct. Billy was stationed in oklahoma, however, as often military people do, they get their phone plans in one location and carry them over to wherever they re-locate.

He likely got his plan in new city, new york (which is in the vincinity of west point) and kept that plan. therefore no matter where he is, when someone dials his number it will show new city, new york.

He's all about getting readers for the book he is going to write. Clearly he couldn't care less about the family or the victim. And his comments on questions posters raise about the reported blood in the A frame suggest that he has already got a narrative in mind, probably the jucier the better. Finally, I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who can't get a comment posted. I thought it was me.

Judging from the quality of the writing on the blog, the book is unlikely to be very compelling.

He didn't post about 50% of my comments, Pittsburghgirl -- I stopped bothering to write them, which is probably for the best for everyone :)

If the only evidence to support Maura's bullimia was that she had repeatedly (including after getting caught at WP) used stolen credit card numbers for food - I'd agree that it was a huge stretch.

Did I miss something? I was under the impression that the reason for Maura's departure from West Point was still open for debate.

You guys are over thinking this.

Cant you just accept the fact she ran away?

http://kunhardtphoto.com/stories

I am not 100 percent clear on this (just going off of what I know), but these are professional photos that were taken concerning the maura murray case. Click on the link at the top of this post and maura's is the first picture story. Click on that first picture of maura's story and a total of eight photos show up.

I believe these photos were taken right around the time the murray family was searching for maura in the days after she went missing.

I believe a couple of these photos came from the wells river motel the family were staying at (as sort of a command post) when they were doing their search. One of the photos shows what i believe is maura's sister sitting next to the contents of what was found in maura's car.

I could be wrong on these. But I believe them to be authentic and i am guessing that this was a photojournalist who was covering the story at the time that did these.

How did you find these, scopps? Great pictures. You can clearly see Maura's books, for example.

How did you find these, scopps? Great pictures. You can clearly see Maura's books, for example.

If I told you, I would have to kill ya. No, just kidding.

I simply did a google search and found these.

I have heard for a long time about the specific photo (maura's sister next to maura's belongings) but I had never came across it before.

Other clues in the photos suggest to me that these were taken at the wells river motel which is just about four miles (I am guestimating) from where maura went missing, which then tells me that these photos were taken just in the days after maura went missing.

The big red flag to me that stands out in the photo that shows maura's sister crouched down next to maura's belongings that were found in her car was that there were some running clothes found and that's it (as far as clothing)

If maura was leaving to meet someone (hours away) or if Maura was simply getting away for a week or if maura was running away to start a new life, THEN, why is maura only bringing enough clothes to go for a hike in???????

Surely, she wasn't driving two and a half hours plus to meet someone to go for a jog.

also the photos with the trees and that are in the accident site show us a very accurate snapshot of what the weather and weather conditions were like the night maura wrecked her car. (I am assuming these photos were all taken around the days after maura went missing).

And they are beautiful photos.

I am not sure that we are seeing all of her clothes and effects, though. I had never seen these before. So glad you posted them.

Wells River exit off I-91 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Once again, Maura is believed to have taken I-91 North from her campus to the wells river, vt exit (which is exit 17)

Once maura left her campus and got onto I-91, her trip would've been 129.4 miles to be exact. (To exit 17)

here is a photo that I took when I retraced her believed drive getting ready to exit at exit 17.

While not totally related to anything here, notice in the background the vast amount of woods and wilderness that exists in that area. Now try and find someone missing in this location.

Wells river motel | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

here is a photo of the wells river motel.

If Maura took the believed route to the area of her accident, then she would've driven right past this motel. This motel became the family's command post in the days after maura went missing. (family literally stayed here and also had maura's belongings from her car at this motel spread out on the floor like you see in those pictures posted earlier.

You continue on from this motel and the entrance to the white mountains is just four miles away. Once you enter the white mountains, maura's wreck site is probably another three to four miles into the white mountains national forest.

More stuff to clear up from the discussions going on at Renner's blog:

Let's get past this point once and for all, please ... please.

there was no concrete factual "mysterious phone call" that led to to maura being upset at work on Thursday Feb 5, 2004.

Sloppy police statments that have been released led to mis-leading reporting which then snowballed into maura got a phone call at work and then became upset ....

Here is the actual FACTS (timeline on that thursday night at her security desk (receptionsist) job in the dorm.

10:10 p.m. to 10:38 p.m. --- Maura calls and conversates with her sister Kathleen.

12:07 a.m. to 12:14 a.m. ---- Maura calls and talks to someone in new city, New york (James Renner believes and is probably right that this number is Maura's boyfriend Billy Rausch).

Sometime right around 1:10 to 1:15 a.m. --- Area supervisor is notified to go check on maura because it has been reported that maura is upset.

Sometime in between 1:30 a.m. and 1:45 a.m. --- area supervisor encounters a distraught maura (not on a phone at the time) and relieves maura of the rest of her shift. Maura did blurt out "My sister" when supervisor tried to pry out what was wrong with Maura.

Those are the facts. Saying that a phone call upset maura is pure speculation and jumping to conclusions.

the key point is when the supervisor found maura, she was not on a phone at all.

Not sure where you get the authority on stating what is fact and what is not. It was reported early on that Maura received a 1AM call from a landline at her desk. UMASS police looked into the phonecall, which came from another landline on campus.

Not sure where you get the authority on stating what is fact and what is not. It was reported early on that Maura received a 1AM call from a landline at her desk. UMASS police looked into the phonecall, which came from another landline on campus.

I believe the call you are referring to was at 12:40 a.m.

There has never been anything of substance that has come from that phone call as far as what is known about that would be speculation at this point and not fact.

The timeline I provided is fact. and is facutally proven by looking over the Rausch'es phone records.

The police released statement concerning that particular night very wrongly states that maura became upset after receiving a phone call from her sister Kathleen.

In any case, there is no way that this 12:40 a.m. phone call has anything to do with maura's sisters and was probably ruled out as having anything to do with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27