Support your child.

Dont
Lie
Deflect
Cover-up
Obscure

Good list. I'd also add:

DO
VISIT YOUR CHILD IN JAIL, no matter who can see or hear you. Tell them you love them. Tell them you always will. Tell them to pray for guidance. Tell them to tell the truth.
GOOGLE The Unibomber's Family story.

DON'T direct anger and blame at those drug into this mess by the actions of you daughter-- the police, the friends, the innocent bystanders, the public.
DON'T try to get others blamed for what your child did.

I can't even begin to comprehend the pain and heartache of these two people. They still have my deepest sincerest sympathy.

Have they made mistakes, sure...but who here hasn't?

Please find listed below a complete list of defenses for all of the lies, half truths, and miss truth C&G have told in the last 6 months:

Mistakes??? If it only it were that simple. They have made few if any "mistakes", they made a lot of deliberate, hostile, likely illegal, and definitely immoral actions.

Quite honestly, I see no defense for C&G, or KC for that matter.

I believe there is a computer term that covers it for me, it's: GIGO.

I don't see G & C as victims. I suppose they are to a degree but you reap what you sow. Their behavior throughout all of this is (to me) representative of how they treated KC in the past which probably got them where they are today.

One of my biggest questions is- What changed them from the beginning of the investigation to now? In the beginning, they seemed to be very open and honest with the police. Now they are soooo different, denying even things they said, changing stories, making ridiculous excuses that are just unbelievable etc. What happened? They both look very hardened-especially Cindy. They just have a mad look on their face which didn't seem to be there before.

Did they realize that if KC is found not guilty she'd be back living with them? :waitasec: I can't think of any other reason-I'm totally confused by the change in them.

The way they are coming across causes many people to not like them. It's very hard for me to feel sympathy for them. I might've but then they gave those depo's. After that, I have none for them. What a disaster that turned out to be.

I agree with most of the posters. If GA and CA had come across as grieving grandparents, supported their daughter, but wanted the truth about Caylee, I would have been sympathetic, but they have been covering and argumentative instead of facing the truth. They have left Caylee with no one in the family supporting her. Their focus is KC and Caylee has been lost in all of this.

Cindy, despite being a seemingly obnoxious person to many of us, apparently worked like a dog to feed and clothe that entire household. She cared about how clean her house was and kept everyone and everything "tidy". She was apparently trying to hold onto George and salvage their marriage. She has been a pretty crappy Mother to Casey and maybe had hopes of doing a better job with Caylee. I have noticed a lack of outside friendships...so her sham fairy-tale family is ALL this woman has been so invested in for decades. By suddenly insisting that KC figure things out for herself Cindy was trying out some last ditch tough love, too little too late, and the results were .......murder! How could she have possibly forecast that? And the fact that Cindy has done everything wrong since all this happened is no surprise. Cindy needs as much help as KC...but few people want to help people who won't take responsibility for their actions. Should the day ever come when they do...I am betting they would get all the understanding that they now lack.

The Anthonys know whats probably comming. They are flawed humans, like the rest of us. I hate how they have been picked apart, laughed at, made fun of in every single way possible...just on this board alone! I have never seen so much hatred. And theres a difference between a demand for justice and people spewing hatred.

Why would they care what we thought of them? I believe they will ride the road to hell to keep Casey from death. To them, that is not denying Caylee justice.

I hate the lies. That is what made this case so baffelling! It's sad that they are reaping so much sorrow mainly because of lies.

I get so dang angry what Casey has done, & how George & Cindy have handled everything. But...

I still have sympathy, & concern for them. I pray they will someday have peace & purpose. They were good grandparents, they loved Caylee, and they had no idea there own daughter would kill her.

And isn't looking for a defense for C&G in a way, treating them the way they treated KC? Always looking to cover for her, pretending what terrible thing she has done lately really isnt' that bad... The victim here is Caylee, period.

People deserve to reap what they have sown. We can love them for the children of God they are, but we do not have to like them, or defend all the terrible things they have done, or are about to do.

I can't even begin to comprehend the pain and heartache of these two people. They still have my deepest sincerest sympathy.

Have they made mistakes, sure...but who here hasn't?

Making a mistake isn't lying for someone that is ultimately responsible for the welfare of your grandchild. Accident or deliberate, the truth should come out. A mistake isn't telling people a picture of a child could be your granddaughter and she isn't. A mistake isn't flying all over the country (California) looking for your granddaugther, but not searching the neighborhood. A mistake isn't finding out your daughter lied to LE in the search for your granddaughter, and instead of trying to find out the truth, defending the daughter. A mistake is a misunderstanding...there have been no misunderstandings. They have chosen their daughter over their granddaughter.

It's very hard for me to feel sympathy for them. I might've but then they gave those depo's. After that, I have none for them. What a disaster that turned out to be.
Snipped
It was a disaster and, truly, it did not need to be. They can be 'soft.' They were on the morning show last week. (IMO, they were talking BS, but they were 'soft.') Why could't they have done for the depos. In fact, we saw George turn on a dime at the depo. He went seemlessly from defiant and angy in one segment to reasonable and composed in the next. If they can be co-operative and stiffle the entitlement and anger, then why didn't they for the whole depo? Did they somehow think that their anger and meanness was so right and justified that it would make them look good and others look bad to show it? Were they ill-advised? Apparently, they can take advise if they want to. Why did they want to act like that during the depos? It has wounded them, their family, the whole genre around them badly. Apparently, that became apparent to them after the fact. Why couldn't they see that before? When they take the stand in any legal action, the opposing lawyers will cut them up in little pieces figureatively and feed them to the jury. The jury will spit them out! Why can't they see these things? I just don't get their blindness to the problems they create (1) by speaking when they shouldn't, and (2) by exploding in anger and angression inappropriately when they must speak. These people are such a puzzle, so clearly acting against their own best interests. It's mystifying to watch them.

The Anthonys know whats probably comming. They are flawed humans, like the rest of us. I hate how they have been picked apart, laughed at, made fun of in every single way possible...just on this board alone! I have never seen so much hatred. And theres a difference between a demand for justice and people spewing hatred.
Why would they care what we thought of them? I believe they will ride the road to hell to keep Casey from death. To them, that is not denying Caylee justice.

I hate the lies. That is what made this case so baffelling! It's sad that they are reaping so much sorrow mainly because of lies.

I get so dang angry what Casey has done, & how George & Cindy have handled everything. But...

I still have sympathy, & concern for them. I pray they will someday have peace & purpose. They were good grandparents, they loved Caylee, and they had no idea there own daughter would kill her.

Yes, we are all flawed humans.And it is very human,when we see them spewing anger and hate towards anyone and everyone but KC, for us to respond in kind. THAT IS ALSO HUMAN.When someone demands stridently that we do what they say, it upsets people. I don't think there is a parent on this board who doesn't have a heart that breaks for them, but we do want to see justice for Caylee.

She can't hurt us. She probably will live the rest of her life "using" the peeps who come into her life. So, yes--------sorry to say I do know. I do know. I will die happy and she can do what ever she does-----------but I don't have to lay eyes on her again and that is where the Peace comes in. I can go to bed at night and know that I won't wake up with her standing there. I am free.

Mamabear
Thank you so much for sharing your personal story. I'd imagine there are many of us here who can relate so well. I'm happy that you have been able to find peace with it. That's a hard thing to do. You are a brave, strong woman. Never change!

This is probably waay O/T so read fast b4 its gone,LOL. I have been wondering for months now why I cant stay off WS. I have tons of other sites to visit, answer emails for my boss (yes she is very grumpy about this case haha) so why do I spend 90% of my online time here?

I just read mamabears story and I realized why I like it here. She is sharing her life experiences with a wisdom that can only be gained thru those experinces. I am willing to bet most of us are middle aged people and have seen a lot, including a lot of not so nice stuff. In some cultures in the world the elders are the middle aged women! (no offense guys) It's not that anyone here is smarter than anyone else, its that they are sharing their wisdom and intuition about human behavior. It is the same reason I love Judge Judy!
I feel like this is a kind of hokey post but it is heartfelt. Thanks Mamabear. Your story touched me because I have a sister exactly like your daughter, and finally have peace now that I no longer am in contact with her.
Okay, now I am off to shop at Old Navy online and VS... my other obssesions, oh yeah and maybe do some work for my boss before she begs Tricia to ban me from WS so I get some work done.

George and Cindy are victims. When they lie, they become perpetrators.

I agree with one change:
G & C are victims. Each time they lie they become complicite.

Cindy, despite being a seemingly obnoxious person to many of us, apparently worked like a dog to feed and clothe that entire household. She cared about how clean her house was and kept everyone and everything "tidy". She was apparently trying to hold onto George and salvage their marriage. She has been a pretty crappy Mother to Casey and maybe had hopes of doing a better job with Caylee. I have noticed a lack of outside friendships...so her sham fairy-tale family is ALL this woman has been so invested in for decades. By suddenly insisting that KC figure things out for herself Cindy was trying out some last ditch tough love, too little too late, and the results were .......murder! How could she have possibly forecast that? And the fact that Cindy has done everything wrong since all this happened is no surprise. Cindy needs as much help as KC...but few people want to help people who won't take responsibility for their actions. Should the day ever come when they do...I am betting they would get all the understanding that they now lack.

Sure can't argue with this logic Affinity! Well said.

Dumb azz huh! We always learn til the day we die. All I wanted to do was make sure they all had a home. Nice house----lots a money---insurance. I'll save you the gory details of that mess. Within 6 mo of buying the house she tried to have us evicted. I feared for the lives of the 2 I was raisin and myself. My son came and moved us here.

No worries and I can have peace before I die and my babies are taken care of. Not with money---but they are full of love and many--many GOOD memories. Spit that evil girl I gave birth to. You see---she is not my daughter---she is however my bio-daughter.

Mamabear, thanks for your story. I just wanted to say what some people don't understand with a psychopath is that even if they were born your child, they are their pathology. I don't know how on earth people deal with them until they're of legal age. One of my sons worked at a place called the Brown School in San Marcos, TX. while he was going to college, and many were housed there that had done terrible things. One 13 yr. old there had raped his 3 mo. old sister. True psychopaths have no morals and no loyalties to anyone other than themselves.

I just wanted to chime in again on this thread since the direction it has taken seems appropriate. I really do consider G & C & LA victims - but complicite after the fact because of the lying - no matter what their reasoning is. With that said....Metalcrystal is right about us WS'ers. For the most part we seem to be approximately middle age (isn't that about 27 nowadays?) and chances are, like myself, crime victims ourselves. I have healed more than I could have imagined since joining WS with the kind PM's sent after sharing personal experiences. This is why I feel safe here. Thank you to everyone who shares. I wish for G, C & LA that they could find a place where instead of protecting KC with lies, they could learn acceptance for what has happened and try healing their hearts and souls. Living the lie will only fester inside them and never allow true healing. They do still have productive lives ahead and joy to be found. They still have LA...perhaps one day another grandchild will grace their lives. For that reason alone I wish and pray for them to find their way. Lying will bring them down for the rest of their lives. I'm sure, like myself, many other WS'ers have lost someone or know someone that has lost someone cruelly. The A family's behavior is not consistent with anyone I have ever known that has endured loss. I am at a loss to understand them because what they are doing to "help and stand behind their daughter" has run hollow and therefore my sympathy has been abated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288