Michelle Young, pregnant mom, murdered Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we're more surprised to hear they didn't do one. but i also understand their reasoning, she was still clothed and i've never heard of a rapist reclothing their victim. so i guess they figured it was safe to assume it wasn't needed.

The blood patterning on her clothes would be a tell tale sign of whether or not those clothes were on during the attack or put on her afterwards.

Sami

i think we're more surprised to hear they didn't do one. but i also understand their reasoning, she was still clothed and i've never heard of a rapist reclothing their victim. so i guess they figured it was safe to assume it wasn't needed.

And the defense argument is going to be: the killer raped her, forced her to put her clothes back on, then beat her to death.

--Jake

Something else Ms. Lamb revealed in her story not generally known: LE has started another round of interviews. This is probably common when a case reaches a brick wall.

--Jake

And the defense argument is going to be: the killer raped her, forced her to put her clothes back on, then beat her to death.

--Jake

I sure hope the Defense can find a case to quote so that they have an 'argument' that it can and has happened before.

Rapists usually leave after raping a woman. When they do kill afterwards the victim is always either naked or partially clothed. But there is always a sign of the victim having been raped.

Sami

Something else Ms. Lamb revealed in her story not generally known: LE has started another round of interviews. This is probably common when a case reaches a brick wall.

--Jake

It is also common to re-verify statements made previously.

Sami

Something else new in Ms. Lamb's story:

"The sheriff's department has been very careful, as I understand it, in keeping an open mind and not narrowing it and coming up with one suspect," Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt told WRAL in her first interview.

I believe this is someone new assigned to this case. Can't recall seeing her name before.

I notice also for the first time someone in LE is denying having tunnel vision in this case. Surely LE doesn't read message board criticism! I read this as backing off from the ONE suspect who has been the focus of the investigation.

--Jake

I sure hope the Defense can find a case to quote so that they have an 'argument' that it can and has happened before.

Rapists usually leave after raping a woman. When they do kill afterwards the victim is always either naked or partially clothed. But there is always a sign of the victim having been raped.

Sami

Now, Sami, you've been watching too much TV. The defense doesn't have to prove it has happened before. The lawyer can just make a statement that it happened in this case.

--Jake

"The sheriff's department has been very careful, as I understand it, in keeping an open mind and not narrowing it and coming up with one suspect," Wake County Assistant District Attorney Becky Holt told WRAL in her first interview.

I believe this is someone new assigned to this case. Can't recall seeing her name before.

I notice also for the first time someone in LE is denying having tunnel vision in this case. Surely LE doesn't read message board criticism! I read this as backing off from the ONE suspect who has been the focus of the investigation.

--Jake

actually you're quite wrong they DO read these forums we've tried telling you that before.

and Becky Holt has been there since the beginning to the best of my knowledge, i know i've seen her name before with this.

actually you're quite wrong they DO read these forums we've tried telling you that before.

and Becky Holt has been there since the beginning to the best of my knowledge, i know i've seen her name before with this.

As I recall - Becky Holt was at the crime scene to see it for herself. There is a link posted here. Will see if I can find it for you.

ETA - here are the links - unfortunately WRAL link does not work and I can't find the cache for it but -Ms Holt was on the scene on Monday November 6, 2006.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45082

OK, I believe you. I just don't recall it. And it is her first interview.

--Jake

not all LE nor DAs are in a hurry to be interviewed i guess.

--Jake

Becky Holt has been on the case since day one. She was at the crime scene. So, Jake, tell me. Does LE do a rape kit for every homicide? Of course not. Only if there are signs of rape. Obviously there were none. What's your next game plan?

sounds like he's trying to come up with a good defense plan for JY, just in case.

Becky Holt has been on the case since day one. She was at the crime scene. So, Jake, tell me. Does LE do a rape kit for every homicide? Of course not. Only if there are signs of rape. Obviously there were none. What's your next game plan?

Game plan? No game, no plan.

However, evidently Ms. Lamb has some information about a possible sexual assault. If it occurred, wonder how it would affect the case. LE said no comment.... but that may have been no comment about the lack of a sexual assault test.

--Jake

SNIPPED+++++++++++++++++

But a piece of evidence that was missed were tests to determine whether Young was sexually assaulted.

According to the autopsy report, the North Carolina medical examiner never performed any, which means investigators cannot rule out sexual assault as a motive for the crime.

North Carolina medical examiner John Butts said such tests are only performed when there are obvious signs of sexual assault. Investigators would not comment on how that could affect the case.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

or she's just speculating like the rest of us who were not there. doing a "what if"

As I recall - Becky Holt was at the crime scene to see it for herself. There is a link posted here. Will see if I can find it for you.

ETA - here are the links - unfortunately WRAL link does not work and I can't find the cache for it but -Ms Holt was on the scene on Monday November 6, 2006.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45082

Thanks for your trouble. I believe it. Wrong about ms. Holt.

--Jake

Now, Sami, you've been watching too much TV. The defense doesn't have to prove it has happened before. The lawyer can just make a statement that it happened in this case.

--Jake

Jake,

I rarely watch TV. I would get more time if people would stop dying.

I never said the defense HAD to prove it happened before, but it IS more believeable IF they had another CASE where it DID happen to compare it to so it doesn't look like they're trying to pull fantasy rabbits out of reality.

Sami

Game plan? No game, no plan.

However, evidently Ms. Lamb has some information about a possible sexual assault. If it occurred, wonder how it would affect the case. LE said no comment.... but that may have been no comment about the lack of a sexual assault test.

--Jake

SNIPPED+++++++++++++++++

But a piece of evidence that was missed were tests to determine whether Young was sexually assaulted.

According to the autopsy report, the North Carolina medical examiner never performed any, which means investigators cannot rule out sexual assault as a motive for the crime.

North Carolina medical examiner John Butts said such tests are only performed when there are obvious signs of sexual assault. Investigators would not comment on how that could affect the case.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake,

That doesn't mean that Amanda Lamb has any 'new information'. Sounds to me like she is assuming that evidence was missed because a rape kit was not used. BTW when an autopsy is done, the decedent is naked. If a sexual assault was evident at that stage, a rape kit would have been used.

Sami

A woman is found beaten to death IN HER BEDROOM (for emphasis) and yet no sexual assault test? Wonder how long it takes to do one? Maybe it's just too expensive? Maybe LE already knew the name of the killer?

Hmmmm. I think someone already regrets that decision.

--Jake

This is a pretty brazen comment by me - nothing personal, OK?

By the time the autopsy was underway, the forensic team were well into gathering evidence, and whatever criminologist works with the county was working to put 2 + 2 together. Sheriff Harrison was poking around too, and think he had a keen eye for what had happened in that room at the time of the murder.

These guys all do their individual jobs, but they chit chat between themselves, trying to get a handle on what they need to do, and what else do they need to address, looking at everything as a whole.

What IF there was so many factors involved that said the same thing - the husband is the best candidate to have perpetrated this crime, that common sense took over and when the head investigator talked to the ME, and it was deemed unnecessary to do a rape test on the victim.

Heck, she was killed with a viscious rage, not by a serial killer, not by someone wanting to rob the house and she caught him {her purse was on the kitchen counter}, not by the mob as a payback for something {wrong way to kill}, etc.

The fact has to be addressed that if she presented such a threat to her husband in some way we are not privledged to know about yet, why would he seek sexual release combined with the anger in his heart and mind, which was enough to eliminate or as they said on TV, annyalate her from existance? That is what we would expect a psycopath to do, a predator. That doesn't add up, and I am just a lowly but studied poster to say that.

So Jake, now that I have had the guts to speak like this, is this something that was found after LE left and before the cleaning crew came in, have anything to do with this new alert that LE might have had it wrong, and she might have been sexually abused at the time of her murder? If it was and it told a sexual tale, it would have to be a condum.

Frankly, since he lived there and we have to assume they did have a sexual relationship {after all she was pregnant}, that condum, if that's what was found, could have been even 1 day older than the crime scene. I think the ME and LE would discount it as evidence for that reason alone, esp for having been turned in 6 mos after the actual murder! And there would be no justification either for the defense to use it as a tool for their benefit.

I don't know what else could have been found that qualifies as alluding to 'sexual' activity, but I think most usually married people have the enjoyment of not having to use these things.

Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members