NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, he sure did. For some reason I thought he was talking about the call to his boss when the fire occured. So, he called his boss during each separate incident. Got it.

(Also...very odd.)

I'm thinking maybe he trusted his boss - he depended on him for help - so he called him to ask him what should he do?
I just am not 100% convinced he is as guilty as so many people seem to think.

I'm thinking maybe he trusted his boss - he depended on him for help - so he called him to ask him what should he do?

Well, if I was on a jury, I wouldn't convict him based on what little I've seen and heard. But if I was LE, I'd be going over this guy with a fine tooth comb. Twice.

I would LOVE to think he had nothing to do with any of this but there have been too many lies the way he calls 911 it just all does not add up in my book. How could this man not know what going on with his daughter?
He had to kniw his loving wife was not so loving. JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpizza
"Hope everyone doesn't mind if I re post this but all help is appreciated.
BTW, I am looking into naming a Rose after Zahra. It's not as easy as I thought it would be as they are very strict in their associations and it's hard to make contacts. But I have sent a few emails out and waiting to hear back. If anyone has any info on this, Please let me know. If anyone deserves a Rose named after them it's Zahra."

I've been away all day/night and skimming through to catch up, but I just have to say THANK-YOU both so much for your incredible thoughtfulness and such a wonderful idea!! Westsidefox64, please send your Uncle LOTS of thanks for what he is doing from myself and I'm sure many, many others :) It is sure to be a winner at the show!

I don't know about the others, but I sure would be interested in some pictures after he gets it named. What a brilliant idea..naming flowers after this incredible girl. :dance: She will live long after her name is out of the public eye. Which is EVERYthing she deserves, IMO. :hug:

What also bothers me is did she ever have a doll house, my little ponies, LPS (littlest pet shop), did she know what it was like to eat ice cream and curl up and watch a disney movie. Did she get to go outdoors and blow bubbles with the giant bubble wands. Did she have any love for animals and what was her favorite thing to wear? Did she have a favorite song cuz they said that she only couldnt hear certain frequencies. I just wonder about that every time I look at my 10 year old little girl playing and goofing off. Also, when she is doing her homework and I really thought about her today when I got the Halloween costume and made my baby an angel. It was hard for me. Zahra wont get to trick or treat with other kids her age and have fun but at the same time she is an angel in her own right. This is so hard for me....and it makes me so angry. sorry gtg cry alittle more. :furious::(

All of this truly hit me tonight. I think i have been so wrapped up in the whole case...that it all just built up inside. I havent slept the last two nights...wakening constantly to visions of this sweet girl that i wish i had met...even just once. Just a sad night. Puts life...and family in better perspective. Much love to you Zahra...you beautiful girl.

Agree with this too. He also supposedly made a few phone calls before calling 911. Well at least one to his boss according to him.

MOO

This has been bothering me. Why do you think he called the boss before calling 911 (which apparently was the bosses idea and not the Baker's)?

What if AB thought that since his boss knew about the ransom note that if he called and told him Zahra was missing that he would offer to pay the ransom? Instead he said something like "Good God man, why are you calling me? Call 911 immediately!"

MOO or imagination, whatever you prefer. Sorry if someone already said this, no way I can follow 30+ threads, hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisjusthurtsmyheart
"What also bothers me is did she ever have a doll house, my little ponies, LPS (littlest pet shop), did she know what it was like to eat ice cream and curl up and watch a disney movie. Did she get to go outdoors and blow bubbles with the giant bubble wands. Did she have any love for animals and what was her favorite thing to wear? Did she have a favorite song cuz they said that she only couldnt hear certain frequencies. I just wonder about that every time I look at my 10 year old little girl playing and goofing off. Also, when she is doing her homework and I really thought about her today when I got the Halloween costume and made my baby an angel. It was hard for me. Zahra wont get to trick or treat with other kids her age and have fun but at the same time she is an angel in her own right. This is so hard for me....and it makes me so angry. sorry gtg cry alittle more."

I know exactly how you are feeling :( My own 9 year old daughter likes all of those things, and is currently into 'silly bandz'. Every time now that I look at her playing I can't help but imagine how it was for Zahra. From Zahra's smiling pictures, she sure seemed to put on a brave face, but I can't even imagine how awful things were for her.

I'm just glad it doesn't seem her life has been like this forever. I'm thankful that she did have friends there and at least one here. You have to remember, there was some happiness in her life and that makes me happy

I do feel that those are the memories that kept dear Zahra going through the bad times.

I just wish she had had *someone* to hug her and tell her she was loved when she needed it most, and to keep her safe from harm. Instead, she was betrayed by those closest to her.

If only those kitties of hers could talk. I bet she told them everything and hugged them tight! Thank goodness for the time she did have them. It really seems as if everything unravelled quickly with the move and having to leave her kitties behind...

Oh how I wish we could save every beautiful child from evil in this world.......

o/t In the beginning of all of this, I got the courage to report a neighbor for a lot of negligence. Cps came out the next day! (must not have been the first call) ANyways, kids were taken from home, and now are back with dad and grandma, but Mom is no where to be found. I finally got the courage to ask. Mom has been committed for extreme PPD. AND Mom is grateful and happy that she is where she is. I really think she was borderline to having a case here on WS. And I am so glad that she is getting help, and that the family has stepped in to help these kids. I know different than what we are seeing here, but just to point out, that not every "parent" that does something horrible, or seems like they don't care, is actually that. Sometimes they just simply need help, and don't think to ask.

So sorry for the o/t. Doesn't exactly pertain to this case, as ppd would not be a factor... But just a reminder to all to always watch out for all of the children that cross our paths. The simplest thing can change their lives forever.

Oh how I wish we could rewind time and make all of this go away. I read here everyday, and it just boggles my mind to see what people are capable of. These are freakin children!!!!! Our only job as a parent is to love them and care for them... Poor? no prob, there are plenty of agencies that will help, mental issues? Again, plenty of help!!!!!! Parents are not alone in this world, and I so wish they knew how much people are willing to help to make life easier.

Ok, now this has run on forever, guess this is my rant for the day. Prayers for sweet Zahra tonight. Time to snuggle my littles.

Now here is another Question!
Did he take Zahra out of the country legaly?

Of course he did as far as his passport being issued would seem. He would not have been given a passport for Z if it were not approved in Australia... Anything else about him taking Z out of the Country is a question for Australian Federal Police, The Australian Family Court and US LE

Please don't make the next 20 pages about the passport again, read the previous thread or wait for LE to report something about his immigration status so we can keep discussing where Z might be instead of how she got into the US.

I would LOVE to think he had nothing to do with any of this but there have been too many lies the way he calls 911 it just all does not add up in my book. How could this man not know what going on with his daughter?
He had to kniw his loving wife was not so loving. JMO

This is just my gut feeling, and not worth much to anyone other than me, but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway...just to vent. It really sits wrong to me that he comments about her coming into puberty and being broody, and then giggles. Just bugs me to no end. And it sits even weirder with me that at the end of the GMA interview he breaks down in these big old tears and goes on about how much he misses her. Really? You didn't see her for days on end when she was alive...NOW you miss her?! Just....ARGGGG!

(End of vent. Sorry.)

Of course he did as far as his passport being issued would seem. He would not have been given a passport for Z if it were not approved in Australia... Anything else about him taking Z out of the Country is a question for Australian Federal Police, The Australian Family Court and US LE

Please don't make the next 20 pages about the passport again, read the previous thread or wait for LE to report something about his immigration status so we can keep discussing where Z might be instead of how she got into the US.

Yes, we went over this extensively, however I think there are some questions regarding Zahra leaving the country or being issued the passport if her mother didn't sign the forms. But we'll have to leave that one for the Australian Federal Police to sort out, as we don't have to paperwork to make comparisons of signature, nor are we aware of which forms were filled in and how etc :)

article-1319625-0B925050000005DC-846_468x286.jpg

I was so praying for answers by this date. I have such a jittery, uncertain feeling about this case. I fear that Zahra's remains may never be found and I am so sick over the thought of that!
EB knows the answers and she's not truthful!
I do hope and pray for resolution to this tragic story soon.

Zahra is in Heaven, I'm sure of that.

Interesting spot-- I hope those old buildings are horse barns. That valley floods because it's in a natural bowl. You can tell that from the topo map view. They might have built up a little bit at some edges, to control the water leaving the area, and they might have wanted an adjacent area to not flood.

gps: 35.887754,-81.458976
Wonder if the copters have flown over that spot? Very hard to tell how deep the water is - can't be THAT deep as the buildings are still showing. If you look at the shadow - the front building is a 2-story and it seems most of the first floor is submerged. So, that would be like 8 - 10 feet maybe? Wonder if there is ANY water there now, don't know when this pic was taken.

I would really like to know if LE has checked this - even if just to fly a copter over it.

WHAT? Was just a question!
Where Zahra is no one knows! Maybe 2 ppl know JMO

Oh how I wish we could save every beautiful child from evil in this world.......

o/t In the beginning of all of this, I got the courage to report a neighbor for a lot of negligence. Cps came out the next day! (must not have been the first call) ANyways, kids were taken from home, and now are back with dad and grandma, but Mom is no where to be found. I finally got the courage to ask. Mom has been committed for extreme PPD. AND Mom is grateful and happy that she is where she is. I really think she was borderline to having a case here on WS. And I am so glad that she is getting help, and that the family has stepped in to help these kids. I know different than what we are seeing here, but just to point out, that not every "parent" that does something horrible, or seems like they don't care, is actually that. Sometimes they just simply need help, and don't think to ask.

So sorry for the o/t. Doesn't exactly pertain to this case, as ppd would not be a factor... But just a reminder to all to always watch out for all of the children that cross our paths. The simplest thing can change their lives forever.

Oh how I wish we could rewind time and make all of this go away. I read here everyday, and it just boggles my mind to see what people are capable of. These are freakin children!!!!! Our only job as a parent is to love them and care for them... Poor? no prob, there are plenty of agencies that will help, mental issues? Again, plenty of help!!!!!! Parents are not alone in this world, and I so wish they knew how much people are willing to help to make life easier.

Ok, now this has run on forever, guess this is my rant for the day. Prayers for sweet Zahra tonight. Time to snuggle my littles.

Thank-you so much for your update on this situation. I remember when you first posted about it. I am glad that things are turning around for the better for this family. Alot of people don't realize that they need help, or afraid of the stigma of getting it.

I dont think they would allow anyone to stay in that house while an investigation is being done... Maybe he was just there cause they wanted him there. He cant be living there! WHAT WOULD BE THE SENSE of securing a crime scene?

Again, I'm not as sharp as usual tonight (however much that is ;P)--sorry about that...

I'm very sensitive to that comment he made in the 911 call, about Zahra only coming out when she wants something. Yes, my wife checked on her. I was asleep.

He bonded out of jail, but what's a few bad checks? He's almost as much of a fraud as EB is. He sought her out because they're the same kind. I have my ears perked for more, but I do think the basic character I see is not very charitable in his comment given his little girl has one leg and can't hear and is missing. Plus keeping her in the attic at another address? Really?

This is just my gut feeling, and not worth much to anyone other than me, but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway...just to vent. It really sits wrong to me that he comments about her coming into puberty and being broody, and then giggles. Just bugs me to no end. And it sits even weirder with me that at the end of the GMA interview he breaks down in these big old tears and goes on about how much he misses her. Really? You didn't see her for days on end when she was alive...NOW you miss her?! Just....ARGGGG!

(End of vent. Sorry.)

I have to agree with you on that...

Lets just say he is innocent ok Eb must tell him she is being moody she wont come out of her room so he goes along with EB's explanation. If that true i wonder how LONG it really was since the last time he saw her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member