TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 'Dollar' stores, a Family Dollar and a Dollar General. The Dollar General is .2 miles from 1804 Chestnut St, and is also 2 or 3 blocks from the Alco ? Discount store there was also video of Hailey being at on Sunday. I'll go find a link and add it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

"Stewart and Clint Dunn said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.
"She never came over at all Monday," Stewart said.
"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," Clint Dunn said."

This is not the link I'm looking for. Somewhere there is a story talking about LE finding the videos for Sunday, and I remember it because it referred to the Alco as a DEPARTMENT store instead of a DISCOUNT store. IIRC, it also says it was the Dollar General.

After I posted that Dollar Store was 1.2 miles I thought that possibly there may indeed be two DIFFERENT "dollar stores"{one closer to the home as you you had posted}.. Just now had a sec to come back to the computer and I google distanced the Alco Dept store that Clint states that Hailey went to as well as the Dollar Store on Sunday and the Alco store is 0.3{three tenths of a mile)from home.. So..that would match with the dollar store that u locatedthat was 0.2{two tenths of a mile}from home..

Thanks for helping me clarify that:).. I feel much better with a 6 min walk vs. a 22 min walk one way to the OTHER dollar store..:)

It is strange...no one TALKED to her...
If the 7 year old is proven to be Hailey companion that day... ..then an adult prolly saw her also.
Im still wondering if it was on another day because that might have been easy to confirm...children sometimes can be very credible...and LE has said NO witness have been verified...Hmmmm

I can see why plenty of adults could have seen her and not talked to her. Driving around our town, if I see one of my kid's friends, I'll wave but usually not stop and talk to them. I'll offer a ride if it is bitter cold or raining. But I agree, why are official statements from friends missing? Was there no girl gab leading up to the point that she went missing- even days before? As small of a town that is, one would not need phones to keep in touch, just walk a few blocks and you could probably run into someone you know. I just find it curious, or is this another glaring big black hole LE failed to fill? Talk with parents (check): Talk with neighbors (check): Question RSOs (check): Talk with friends (Ooops) Yeah, I can see why BD wanted Texas Rangers there!

That is a HECK of a walk, when i was 13, I had a lot of friends with cars, but I'd ride my bike too, but never walk that far!!

In summertime, at that age, my sister and I walked a mile to 7-11 several times a day to meet our friends and hang out or get some gum or a Slurpee.

I'm sorry Wondergirl, I didn't see your questions.

First, I had the day wrong! I'm so sorry, all I can say is I have a sinus infection and half of my brain has been eaten away.

Bd's garbage was not picked up until Wednesday! Her home is on the schedule for Wednesdays and is normally picked up around 3 pm.

Cd's home or is on the schedule for Fridays and is typically picked up at 8 am.

No, my brother's truck was never searched.

BBM: Thank-you, TexasGigi.

This makes sense, according to the Pick-Up Map I posted earlier today, and it is important for the timeline, I think. Especially since LE is so interested in searching the landfills multiple times.

Can someone remind me what day and time BD went to the police station to report Hailey missing? Was it Tuesday around 2pm ish?

When did LE first search the house again? I know there was discussion on this....

I wonder why your brothers truck was never exposed to the dogs? Hmmm...

BBM; SNIPPED

"We don't know if there have been any hits," said Pete Kampfer,...

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/20/police-use-cadaver-dogs-to-search-landfills-for/

He's simply not gonna say one way or the other. Not confirming, but not denying.

I wonder if he means they don't know if there have been any hits pertaining to Hailey specifically. Last night on NG, they said those dogs will hit on ANY blood......for example, someone's old bandaid. That being said, I have no idea how dogs wouldn't lose their minds hitting all over the place in a landfill......

jmo

He was at a friends house wasn't he? They said he had been staying at a friends house, IIRC.

IIRC, Billie said that DD was staying at a friend's house overnight 12/26 and he returned at 4 p.m. (originally 5 p.m.) on 12/27 to find SA there with the door locked. Don't know if we heard anything about where he stayed Monday, 12/27 p.m.

Seems as if Kampfer would love him to Come out, Come out!
Don't believe, SA will budge from where he's staying.

Nothing sinister about HD sleeping on the couch. I agree. But LE took her sheets to check for evidence ... guess they should have taken the couch too!
*mama always said if ya don't have anything nice to say ... not blaming anyone specifically but this was a big oops IMO

I am thinking something happened to HD Sunday night, maybe SA drugged BD thats why she can't remember anything and just doesn't want to admit it. Or maybe she took the drugs herself. That gives SA all night with HD. I don't think BD checked in on HD Monday morning, she is just saying she did to save face.(Not wanting people to question her parenting) SA goes to work and remember he left something undone at home so he rushes home to get rid of evidence.(maybe he made her bed to look like she was there).
If he had used a heavy duty sleeping bag to store HD (hate to think like this) till he could take care if it would the HRD pick up a scent from where this sleeping bag would have been?

And I still for the life of me can't figure out why he would put himself as the last to see her. Why not just say she was not there when he got home?

So many questions, so few answers.

God please hear our prayer and bring Hailey home, and those responsible convicted.

Maybe he put him self there as the last person to see Hailey, was because he needed more time for her to be missing.
Gave the story that she said she was going to spend the night with her friend.
If he had not given that story, chances are when Billie got home from work on Mon. she would have wanted to know where Hailey was, LE could have been called that night.

Its hard to ignore his whereabouts for that day not matching the cell phone pings. Huge red flag.

That is exactly why he is the number one suspect and LE can't get past him yet they classified Hailey a runaway at first. With what we know about him so far there are several possibilities that may not be related to Hailey at all. Illegal activity of some sort or indiscretions he doesn't want Billie to find out about.

Posted January 2, 2011 at 10:01 p.m.

“To me, I think it’d be more than just considered runaway,” Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs told the Reporter-News on Sunday night. His agency has interviewed several of Hailey’s classmates to help Colorado City police. Toombs said Texas Rangers also have assisted in the case.

Looks like the Rangers were there from pretty early on. I don't think it was BD and CD calling them that got them involved.

I was just wondering, if she spoke to the officer in person at some point, she may had added Hailey in there for good measure. I don't want to think LE just put whatever the heck they wanted to put into the affadavits.

Me too. One would hope there is nice fully investigated and complete report one can refer to in evidence.

Shawn Adkins, the former boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, has been under surveillance since law enforcement identified him as a suspect, Kampfer said. No longer working for WSI, a Snyder oil field service company, Adkins' recent whereabouts have not been publicly announced by law enforcement.

"He is being monitored, but he is not under arrest," Kampfer said. "When he wants to go and do something, he is free to go."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/20/police-use-cadaver-dogs-to-search-landfills-for/

:twocents: I think he's afraid to leave the house.

I wonder what that Monday night was like for them, Billie and Shawn. Alone in the house without the kids. Just made a drug buy. Came home, kicked back, threw in a movie or two.

What movies did they watch? What were their moods? Grumpy? Mellow? Hyper? Excited? Laughing and joking? Grumpy and quarreling?

I'd like to hear from Billie what that evening and night was like. Was it awesome?

bbm~

I wonder how that night REALLY went down myself..don't know if it was awesome..but according to Billie, the last 6 months with Shawn has been..Funny, I haven't heard her say much at all about what Hailey's life has been like the last 6 months..

Just for a different angle, even knowing how strange SA has been, has it been considered that maybe Hailey DID tell him that she was going to stay at MB's, but that she wasn't telling him the truth? Wouldn't be the first time a teenager lied about what they were doing or where they were going........just a thought.

jmo

Page 5, Paragraph 5 of Affidavits.

Nope, does not say that on there anywhere.

Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...affidavit-search-dunns-phone/23333/?enlarge=1

This article is just wrong, misleading and poorly written.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/

n Billie Jean Dunn volunteered to take a polygraph test on two occasions. On the first attempt, she was found to be under the influence of narcotics and was prohibited from taking the test. Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

When CD was on Nancy Grace she was asking about HD telling her grandma about SA watching her by her door , but NG also through in what grandma thought SA did to HD. And her thoughts was SA raped and murdered HD. When CD responded with " I didn't want to hear it" I think he was talking about him not wanting to hear what grandma thought.
Hope this makes sense.

JMO, I think SA must've admitted he threatened to kill BD's whole family at one point, and LE figures that would include Hailey.

Yep and he not only threatened them according to Billie's 911 call..he said "it would be remembered" ..who says stuff like that? Most logical thinking people would not go on to move the person that made that threat into their home with their children...just sayin...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood