TN TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 mos, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - *S. Dickens guilty*

The neighbors are upset, so that is a good sign that people in the area are concerned... and I agree with COMEC's stance:

But Eyewitness News spoke with the Commission on Missing and Exploited Children (COMEC) and said the child could be in danger without the police even knowing it.

Police Turn Attention to Incarcerated Father in Search for Missing Lauryn Dickens

Memphis Police are now directing their attention at the father of 10-year-old Lauryn Dickens as the search for the missing child nears its third week. ABC 24 in Memphis reported Monday that police think the father might know where the child could be, but details regarding why authorities were so inclined was not disclosed. The father has been incarcerated since Lauryn Dickens went missing on September 7.

Investigators are also curious as to why the child's mother, Shakara Dickens, waited ten days before reporting to the authorities that her child was missing.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5813160/10monthold_lauryn_dickens_still_missing.html

hmmm, I wonder if the mom thought the dad sent someone to get the baby to give her a break for a few days and after a few days she started getting worried and she couldnt get in touch with dad cause he was in jail....This is odd... she is a beautiful baby.

hmmm, I wonder if the mom thought the dad sent someone to get the baby to give her a break for a few days and after a few days she started getting worried and she couldnt get in touch with dad cause he was in jail....This is odd... she is a beautiful baby.

Kind of surprised there's not more info, interest, and/or news coverage of this little missing infant whose mother gave her to a STRANGER!

Idaho, I am here just about every day looking and reading more than posting but today was the first day this thread caught my eye! I don't know why or how I missed it. There are so many missing humans!! It hurts me that I did'nt see this or that this is'nt getting national attention.

What a beautiful little baby! Here hand her to me!!!

No way not buying handing this baby to some unknown woman. And how would the incarcerated husband happen to know just the right woman to secretly come take the burden of a child off your hands??

Idaho, I am here just about every day looking and reading more than posting but today was the first day this thread caught my eye! I don't know why or how I missed it. There are so many missing humans!! It hurts me that I did'nt see this or that this is'nt getting national attention.

What a beautiful little baby! Here hand her to me!!!

No way not buying handing this baby to some unknown woman. And how would the incarcerated husband happen to know just the right woman to secretly come take the burden of a child off your hands??

I see what you are saying but in the same respect how did the woman know the husband was in jail to show up and ask for the baby per his request assuming that the mom is telling the truth about what occured and she didn't hurt the baby herself.

Wouldn't there be recorded tapes from the jail phone call of the husband saying the
"give the child to an unknown female-white." thing? Furthermore.. IF he arranged something like that there would be another recorded phone call where that took place.

Gosh.. I hope this beautiful baby is OK.

My guess is the father has another girlfriend and LD is most likely with her and her family...

NG will have coverage for Lauryn tonight if I heard the promo correctly.

Kind of surprised there's not more info, interest, and/or news coverage of this little missing infant whose mother gave her to a STRANGER!

On Nancy Grace W/ Rita something right now! Finally! Thanks for this thread for this baby!

I just heard it reported that the Mother is not upset. Has not acted upset.

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-missing-toddler,0,90548.story

Candace McCowan
6:03 PM CDT, September 21, 2010

Update: Homicide detectives are searching the apartment where a 9-month-old girl was reportedly seen. A cadaver dog was also on the scene in the 4900 block of Yale Road in Raleigh

FAST FACTS:

The search continues into locating a missing 9-month-old
The baby was reported missing by her mother ten days after the mother last saw the child
Lauryn Dickens was last seen in the 4900 block of Yale Road in Raleigh

( Memphis, TN 9/20/10) No amber alert has been issued for 9-month-old Lauryn Dickens. She's missing almost two weeks.

"I think it's weird. What's weird about it, that's she's missing and nobody is looking for her," said Gail Scott.

Mom has a twitter account but it's protected so can't view it.

ETA: did a quick search of her "hat" on her acct. nothing pops up under that name on social networking.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/sep/21/memphis-police-investigating-disappearance-10-mont/

By Michael Lollar
Memphis Commercial Appeal
Posted September 21, 2010 at 7:17 p.m.

Neighbors in the Raleigh Village Apartments watched Tuesday as crime scene investigators came and went for much of the day looking for clues into the disappearance of a 10-month-old girl missing for about 10 days.

Three police cars and a crime scene van left the apartment complex at 4992 Yale Road just before 6 p.m. with officers at the scene declining to comment.

A police spokesman later said the "baby is still missing," but provided no details of the investigation.

It's like I can't even be shocked anymore.

Thanks Chicana.

This is so very sad. BBM.

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Action News 5 was the only station on the scene as a police cadaver dog hit on a scent Tuesday afternoon inside an apartment in the Raleigh Village complex on Yale Road where nine-month-old Lauryn Dickens was reported missing by her mother late last week.
"Don't have a comment," said one detective.

Police were tight-lipped about their search warrant, but a crime scene technician removed a number of paper sacks and baby toys from the apartment.

Mother of missing baby jailed; apartment searched

Action News 5 was the only station on the scene as a police cadaver dog hit on a scent Tuesday afternoon inside an apartment in the Raleigh Village complex on Yale Road where nine-month-old Lauryn Dickens was reported missing by her mother late last week.

"Don't have a comment," said one detective.

Police were tight-lipped about their search warrant, but a crime scene technician removed a number of paper sacks and baby toys from the apartment.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13195135

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk