TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really have a question...just pointing out that as per usual with this case, we have different versions of a simple fact, whether or not LE claims anything was found that will help the investigation. I have no opinion on it, as I have no idea. Just a little disgusted that we get both versions. That's all.

If you have the best logic in the world but you start with bad information you can get a false conclusion. That is why we are frustrated here at Websleuths we depend(expect) on *facts to be correct. When we are given information or facts which are *conflicted,deceptive or just outright false & misleading over & over .....it is just frustrating...which makes you suspicious of why?* MOO

What is maddening is we have the exact same "quote" from the same sheriff but in one instance key words are omitted. like in one case it says DID find and in the other DID NOT find.

What is maddening is we have the exact same "quote" from the same sheriff but in one instance key words are omitted. like in one case it says DID find and in the other DID NOT find.

Yes. My point exactly.
To what purpose???? This is bizarre.

Yes. My point exactly.
To what purpose???? This is bizarre.

very bizarre! And if the original release was wrong how do you explain that??? Don't they have proof readers? There is a big difference between FOUND and DID NOT find

My two cents :twocents: ~ the TBI knows they are running out of time if they are going to find any evidence before Spring comes. I mean, everything is blooming here in Tennessee right now because it has been warm, and things are greening up. The weeds will be several feet high and the snakes will be out by May, so they only have a short time left to do these searches.

I'm not sure how "east" you are, or how elevated, but Parson's is about an hour west of me. It's been so warm here most of the "winter" I'm not sure the snakes ever went to sleep! The vegetation will spring up very quickly once it gets warm. Things that are visible now will be covered over by greenery and could disappear forever.

I know I'm stating the obvious but it's just ridiculous that we can't even get a clear idea of what the Sheriff really said. Three different MSM outlets have vastly different quotes. I think even the proverbial monkeys typing out the classics could do better!

http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...-Join-Bobo-Search/KWVADzzPpEuX5dZE6mSDYA.cspx

Now, according to this article that includes quotes from a "prepared release" by Sheriff Harris, they did find several "crucial" articles.

Well, I am not getting my hopes up that anything important or leading to Holly was found. It is sad that between the media and LE in this case, they immediately seem to take away any little hope they might offer that they are getting closer to a resolution. JMO of course.

I am going to go out on a limb here. I rarely do this, but I must say something. If I were Kristen Helm with the TBI, I would honestly be embarrassed. There are several high profile cases in TN this year, and the TBI has NOT solved even one of these cases. I just do NOT get it!

:thewhip: Coco :nono:

I am disciplining myself! Bad Coco Bad Coco! :runaway:

I find it hard to believe that when the sheriff said this...

"Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."

...That it was " incorrect information in a press release". My bet is TBI didn't want this info released. WTH????

Please let them find Holly! :please:

JMHO~ MarlaMe

"Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."

...That it was " incorrect information in a press release". My bet is TBI didn't want this info released. WTH????

JMHO~ MarlaMe

Very true! It is one thing to say there is evidence but then they elaborated with the "tagged with GPS and turned over to the TBI". Someone is not being truthful here and I have a feeling it is the TBI.

This is one bizarre case. And usually the bizarre part of a case is the circumstances leading up to and the disappearance of a person. What happened, and continues to happen, after Holly's disappearance just keeps raising the level of bizarre.
Jmo

Or the items they tagged and turned over were worthless to the investigation as they cannot be connected to Holly. Who knows...I guess we will find out sooner or later, that is, if they really did find anything, but I don't think they did. JMO

Is this the only case in tn where they have had multiple incorrect press releases?! They did not have any clarifications for Karen swift or Gail palmgren did they? The very first press release was revised several times for Holly. Dragged, pulled, guided, walked. And mom was there, mom wasn't there, etc?!

I am going to go out on a limb here. I rarely do this, but I must say something. If I were Kristen Helm with the TBI, I would honestly be embarrassed. There are several high profile cases in TN this year, and the TBI has NOT solved even one of these cases. I just do NOT get it!

:thewhip: Coco :nono:

I am disciplining myself! Bad Coco Bad Coco! :runaway:

I agree.

It’s been over 10 months since Holly has been missing. TBI’s secretive nature in handling this case has, obviously, not produced Holly. It seems as though TBI’s secret investigation has made things appear more complicated at least from where I’m standing. And now there is more money on the table, $250,000 and the vultures (psychics, et al) are circling. Did the increase of the reward prompt the latest search which turned up “significant articles of evidence” but then, wait for it, no, nothing, never mind people. Nothing to see here. Move along now. Hey, if more money makes LE move their butts to search for Holly, then great. Or I could be totally off base here, and maybe the recent arrest of RSO Britt gave them some info. Or LE could have found a tip on where to look for Holly by searching through that Calabrese guy’s things. But that new money on the table sure did seem like a push. I just hope that this is not a sign of things to come as in if you want LE to find your missing loved one, you better have “big” money in escrow.

IMO, more than ever, TBI should give a press conf. and clear up a few things.

jmo

JMHO~ MarlaMe

I disagree, I don't believe its would be legal for LE "if" a piece of information where leaked that they didn't want leaked, for them to lie about the existance of the information/evidence...I think if that where the case you would something more like "We have no comment at this time..." or "We can not discuss an ongoing investigation.." Want I mean is that I think its legally shakey ground for public officials to knowingly lie to the public, and I doubt that they would.

Is this the only case in tn where they have had multiple incorrect press releases?! They did not have any clarifications for Karen swift or Gail palmgren did they? The very first press release was revised several times for Holly. Dragged, pulled, guided, walked. And mom was there, mom wasn't there, etc?!

I followed Karen's case and don't recall all these inconsistencies. But then again, that case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering why they had to get LE from Alabama to do a search? I realize they have horses but so does TES and perhaps TES has other equipment that can handle such remote areas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually doing ground searches rather than para gliders but wondering why not get experienced SAR teams with proper equipment? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23