VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when he did go to the ATM, why didn't he just overdraft his account to get the money for rebooking?

If I just murdered someone, I'm not going to be that concerned with a 15$ overdraft fee when fleeing the state.

Very true, I agree! Maybe he thought that would make him look suspicious. Actually I'm not sure he cared if he looked suspicious. I mean with the way he called the police and all, but maybe he called them trying not to look suspicious. You know they say the best time to do things is right under the polices nose then they least suspect you.

Very true, I agree! Maybe he thought that would make him look suspicious. Actually I'm not sure he cared if he looked suspicious. I mean with the way he called the police and all, but maybe he called them trying not to look suspicious. You know they say the best time to do things is right under the polices nose then they least suspect you.

Hard to imagine something more suspicious than wandering around town smelling like death. Maybe if he had been covered in blood people would have noticed.

Hard to imagine something more suspicious than wandering around town smelling like death. Maybe if he had been covered in blood people would have noticed.

Yeah nothing beats wandering around town. You know I was thinking about the cloths and how it appeared that he had them on the whole time, but maybe they were his "good clothes" you know like his favorite outfit, in which he wore out for "big days",(ex: going to concert, going home) I'm sure everyone has their own set of "good clothes". I'm sure he must have brought other clothes with him, he could have changed within the amount of time he was there and then put these back on. Because we know these are his "good clothes".
he wore them in almost every pic and on almost every occasion.
What do you think?
Edited to say that if he never came into close contact or in a small vicinity with anyone then noone would smell it I don't think, though I could be wrong.

Yeah nothing beats wandering around town. You know I was thinking about the cloths and how it appeared that he had them on the whole time, but maybe they were his "good clothes" you know like his favorite outfit, in which he wore out for "big days",(ex: going to concert, going home) I'm sure everyone has their own set of "good clothes". I'm sure he must have brought other clothes with him, he could have changed within the amount of time he was there and then put these back on. Because we know these are his "good clothes".
he wore them in almost every pic and on almost every occasion.
What do you think?

I don't know if these were his favorite clothes or whatever. No way to say that given what I know. Howerver...below are the Syko Sam images he posted to his MySpace. There's also one of him wearing a "Jason" mask.

He created a "fictional" character as his horrorcore alter ego, Syko Sam, and the character wears these clothes. Apparently he was wearing the same outfit when he murdered four people. Not a coincidence IMO and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had a bandanna with him somewhere along the way.

lQZd0dJM98Ql.jpg

jV2SzU6ljbvl.jpg

E4ia9moxWOrl.jpg

I don't know if these were his favorite clothes or whatever. No way to say that given what I know. Howerver...below are the Syko Sam images he posted to his MySpace. There's also one of him wearing a "Jason" mask.

He created a "fictional" character as his horrorcore alter ego, Syko Sam, and the character wears these clothes. Apparently he was wearing the same outfit when he murdered four people. Not a coincidence IMO and I wouldn't be surprised he had a bandanna with him somewhere along the way.

lQZd0dJM98Ql.jpg

jV2SzU6ljbvl.jpg

E4ia9moxWOrl.jpg

Very true! I get your point.
Edited to say if he didn't have a bandanna, which I'm sure he did, but if he didn't I'm sure Emma did.

...I'm sorry,but i don't get it,I honestly don't get what you are saying?...he decided to stage a real event that would be like in the pictures of him? why would he do that?
.....I do still think the way nikolai explained it it makes total sense and is logical to me....of course he had to kill all four....two were already in the house when he killed emma,the dad entered the house ,of course the dad would come in....sam couldn't just have said"they're at the movies right now Mr.Niederbrock,you can't come in"
....and I'm sorry but SKR IS just RAP,really bad rap at that....

...I'm sorry,but i don't get it,I honestly don't get what you are saying?...he decided to stage a real event that would be like in the pictures of him? why would he do that?
.....I do still think the way nikolai explained it it makes total sense and is logical to me....of course he had to kill all four....two were already in the house when he killed emma,the dad entered the house ,of course the dad would come in....sam couldn't just have said"they're at the movies right now Mr.Niederbrock,you can't come in"

I stated this earlier and wasn't sure if you saw it...
Well IMHO killing 4 people don't seem logical either, but guess what? He killed ALL 4 of them. So speaking of being illogical, you don't think that is logical to kill 4 people either do you? I'm hoping your answer is no. In that case then I think all possibilities should be looked at.
Edited to say that nothing that we know that he did seems logical.

There is nothing logical about anything he did through-out this whole course of events. Killing people is not logical, so why do you assume that everything he did just had to be logical?

...i am trying to understand,do you think he is insane?.....because I don't think he is.I think the crime was emotionally motivated not to live out a sick fantasy because that would make him insane and then anything could be possible,he could have heard voices that made him do it....or do you think he consciously wanted to do this and planned it even before he went on that trip?....i just can't see that knowing what we know of sam.

Maybe, but why did he still have to go to the ATM machine?

I'm guessing because he ran out of cash and the cost for a cab from Farmville to Richmond was probably more expensive than he realized. Just a guess.

She was having a hard time in school. She was enrolled in the local system with a teacher bringing her work. I remember reading on her page how she was worried about failing a standard test that the state of va gives

...i am trying to understand,do you think he is insane?.....because I don't think he is.I think the crime was emotionally motivated not to live out a sick fantasy because that would make him insane and then anything could be possible,he could have heard voices that made him do it....or do you think he consciously wanted to do this and planned it even before he went on that trip?....i just can't see that knowing what we know of sam.

Just like people have a safety blanket or something else they lean on when they're uncomfortable or out of sorts, perhaps this persona was his. We all know Sam was nothing to write home about, so maybe Syko Sam was his way of escaping his reality. Some switch flipped at Emma's and the only way he knew how to deal with it was to let Syko handle it.

He could have left one or two days before the father returned. Why didn't he try to leave? Why didn't he clean up or dispose of the bodies? Why was the house in such a condition that police officers that viewed it were shaken and it took days and a large dumpster to clean it up? He could have been long gone by the time the father showed up, but he wasn't. He was in the house waiting.

What I am saying is he created a fictional character that he imagined himself to be called Syko Sam. We all do this on the Internet...we create a persona and project it and we select an avatar to represent it. Syko Sam was Sam MCroskey's avatar. And in all of the pictures of Syko Sam which he created, he is wearing the black sweatshirt, WIR shirt, and a bandanna. The same outfit he was arrested in sans bandanna.

Then, possibly for the reasons you suggest, we may never know really, he acted out the role of his character in reality. Syko Sam was supposed to be a scary axe murderer, and Sam McCroskey became one.

As far as insanity...I don't think he is insane in the legal sense.

Just like people have a safety blanket or something else they lean on when they're uncomfortable or out of sorts, perhaps this persona was his. We all know Sam was nothing to write home about, so maybe Syko Sam was his way of escaping his reality. Some switch flipped at Emma's and the only way he knew how to deal with it was to let Syko handle it.

Many serial killers are also fetishists and they collect items from their victims (for example) as a form of protection or an obsessive act. Possibly the wearing of these clothes was part of his fetish, just as people that have specific sexual fetishes dress up in outfits (Nazi, policeman, nurse, etc.) that they find stimulating.

Minor points, but...

A bandanna might have been removed from him by the time we see the custody walk, as a dangerous (to himself) item, like a belt. It might also have been entered into evidence by then. Can we tell in the airport photos if it's gone?

Regarding clothinng as evidence, though... he is still wearing the jacket in that custody walk.... So that would make it seem that his clothing was not blood-covered, or that they were about to strip him and put it into evidence.

Damn, we need some news. I think the top of my head is going to pop off if I keep mulling over all these same details!

Minor points, but...

A bandanna might have been removed from him by the time we see the custody walk, as a dangerous (to himself) item, like a belt. It might also have been entered into evidence by then. Can we tell in the airport photos if it's gone?

Regarding clothinng as evidence, though... he is still wearing the jacket in that custody walk.... So that would make it seem that his clothing was not blood-covered, or that they were about to strip him and put it into evidence.

Damn, we need some news. I think the top of my head is going to pop off if I keep mulling over all these same details!

Well, they usually take your clothes when you are arrested even if the clothes aren't evidence. The bandanna could be anywhere. In the house, in the car, in his pocket, out on Poorhouse Road somewhere, in Kroger's trash, etc.

I am just suggesting that he probably wore it during the murders.

He could have left one or two days before the father returned. Why didn't he try to leave? Why didn't he clean up or dispose of the bodies? Why was the house in such a condition that police officers that viewed it were shaken and it took days and a large dumpster to clean it up? He could have been long gone by the time the father showed up, but he wasn't. He was in the house waiting.

What I am saying is he created a fictional character that he imagined himself to be called Syko Sam. We all do this on the Internet...we create a persona and project it and we select an avatar to represent it. Syko Sam was Sam MCroskey's avatar. And in all of the pictures of Syko Sam which he created, he is wearing the black sweatshirt, WIR shirt, and a bandanna. The same outfit he was arrested in sans bandanna.

Then, possibly for the reasons you suggest, we may never know really, he acted out the role of his character in reality. Syko Sam was supposed to be a scary axe murderer, and Sam McCroskey became one.

As far as insanity...I don't think he is insane in the legal sense.
I really believe you are on the right track dangrsmind

Having a depraved heart can result in what happened here and that does not make a person insane. Living out a sick fantasy does not make one insane, believe it or not, but it does make one sick and depraved.

There are plenty of serial killers who did exactly this and were not legally insane.

What do you know of Sam that could lead you to conclude this? We all know very little about him really.

Having a depraved heart can result in what happened here and that does not make a person insane. Living out a sick fantasy does not make one insane, believe it or not, but it does make one sick and depraved.

There are plenty of serial killers who did exactly this and were not legally insane.

What do you know of Sam that could lead you to conclude this? We all know very little about him really.

I think she relates to him; maybe not liked as a kid and misunderstood, but that's jmo. Sam was a weird kid that just went off.....I think his lifestyle, he and Emma "breaking up," and be very immature all lead to the deaths. As far as the rest, I don't think any of us have killed anyone, so it's really hard to say what we'd do afterwards. Not insane, just a sicko kid.

Every single picture i have seen of the guy he wears the same clothes... I think its just what he wore and that "character" a big part of him.. The same as you chose an avatar you can identify with.

Every single picture i have seen of the guy he wears the same clothes... I think its just what he wore and that "character" a big part of him.. The same as you chose an avatar you can identify with.

A few pictures from before he created the Syko Sam character. He's wearing different clothes and the face isn't covered.

ErSs7Yak-VGl.jpg

wWxxAA3x7fRl.jpg

y20W-BAzJJAl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads