LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.katc.com/images/news/2012-06/Truck.png.jpg

Since everyone is posting what they see............I see and have always seen a man in this pic along side the drivers door as if talking to the driver. Anybody else see this?. He would have a long white tshirt and black pants.

Oh, my gosh! I think I better quit looking at the pictures! As soon as you posted that thought and the link to the picture and I clicked on it I SAW "what" you are talking about even though I had never seen it before!

In the first image Mickey appears to be stopped. In the second image the truck appears to be stopped. 59 seconds of unknowable action in between from the Consolidated Government building cam.
l.gif

No physics equation is possible without time, speed, direction.

Has 59 seconds been verified?

In my opinion, the still of Mickey on her bike at this intersection is the last verified sighting of her. Isn't this correct? So, either something happened at this point, or LE is not releasing evidence of her making it past this point.

I see the bike, but I cannot fathom WHY LE would release a photo of the bike under the truck. Can anyone, even if you don't believe the bike is there, but just assume for a second that it is, come up with any reasons why LE would release a photo of the truck with the bike under it? What would be their thinking? What would that accomplish? Thanks in advance.

Bingo.

re: running red light, if LE didn't say it in the transcript, I'm going to give credit to 'Waldalo', thread#9. The idea that DWTiq pursued Mickey with 'lights off' and the corresponding image is his as well, i think.

I am going to try to follow TOS as closely as I can here, addressing what I see as a problem without personally attacking the poster, ad hominem.

We are supposed to address the post, and not the poster. It's a fine line, I know.

Counterbalanced with that is the requirement for posters to follow the TOS regarding "rumor," etc.

I have seen a pattern for several days of your posting "quotes" from LE, other posters saying that they have never seen that wording (myself included), and then your either not answering about the source of the quote, or having to walk back your definitive statements.

It's a vastly different thing for you to source a quote to LE, and to source it to another poster, like wodalo (the poster who made the original "Mickey under the truck" .gif).

I, for one, would appreciate it if you would be more careful with your "quotes," and double-check them before posting them as fact. What you're doing with "quotes" like "LE said Mickey ran the red light" is providing "facts" to other posters who may be joining late, that then mislead other posters. I have followed the case from the beginning and am pretty sure that I have never seen such a statement from LE. I think I would remember it, although I may have somehow missed it.

The fact that you have been hammering your point for days, and been posting the same photos, means that you are very invested in your theory. It's important, out of courtesy to lesser-informed posters, not to let your theory drive the "facts."

JMO
:twocents::twocents:

Oh, my gosh! I think I better quit looking at the pictures! As soon as you posted that thought and the link to the picture and I clicked on it I SAW "what" you are talking about even though I had never seen it before!

Is this definitely the SAME truck??

Has that been verified?

Picture is not only blurry whether that was intentionally done by le or because of the poor quality of the camera an couldn't be helped........BUT IT IS CERTAINLY CROPPED!

That CNN video is great, isn't it? I looked at it on my big screen and paused to see the detail. They did a great job making the pic clear. It answered a few of my questions.

Can someone please post the CNN link? Thanks

Since everyone is posting what they see............I see and have always seen a man in this pic along side the drivers door as if talking to the driver. Anybody else see this?. He would have a long white tshirt and black pants.
-----------
Very interesting.

The technical pros here could probably advise what techniques can be used to "blend" solid figures into backgrounds.

Looks ghostly, doesn't it?

In the first image Mickey appears to be stopped. In the second image the truck appears to be stopped. 59 seconds of unknowable action in between from the Consolidated Government building cam.
l.gif

No physics equation is possible without time, speed, direction.

This image makes it appear there is a different white truck driving along the street in the background. It is white and has wheels ,impossible to see what kinda of car/truck it may be but it is odd both are there at the exact time.

It's an ugly scenario, but IMO that's the impression I get. I can think of no explanation to be biking at 20-24 mph, as fast as you can, run a red light through an intersection, just to come to what looks like a stop. Except that she knew the throaty gurgling truck that was pursuing her with lights off was behind her again. There is a DWTiq in my vicinity. I can pick that motor sound out of 5 other truck sounds, not to mention cars, and at a distance too, like 10s of feet, maybe 50ft away.. It sounds like a Plymouth Grand Fury III trying to be eco-friendly. My guess is that she knew she was in trouble and didn't want to continue to less populated areas ahead on St.Landry...and the truck came right up on her back wheel, or passed her, and threw it in reverse. I'm leaning away from accident, but this particular Silverado doesn't seem like the best Silverado to take for a pre-planned crime. And the interior is so immaculate.. I dunno. I see contradictions.

If she knew she was in trouble, and she was being followed, why not turn to the left and head for the Circle K, which was only a few feet away from her?

I think the notion that she was hit by that truck in that spot in front of that camera is a gigantic red herring and makes no sense at all. I see nothing to support since the entire incident would have been on video and not a mystery at all. LE would know without question she was seriously injured and the truck would have damage and this investigation would be entirely different.

JMHO of course.

And police would not have said that they didn't know for sure how the bike got damaged. That's what they said at the press conference after finding the bike, which made many here wonder if it got damaged when it was dropped into the river. There are many very sound reasons to believe that Mickey was not run over in front of the Circle K.

)

(and this one is cropped/zoomed in to show even less....count the bushes etc....)
MMMKAAAAAY.........SUBJECT OF THIS POST IS THE CROPPING OF THE IMAGES!!! CERTAIN DETAILS NOT INCLUDED IN VEHICLE PICS..... I THINK WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT AND TRYING TO ENHANCE IS THE PICTURE OF MICKEY.......SEE WHAT WE CAN MAKE OF THE BACKGROUND AREA FROM ACROSS THE STREET LIKE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF UNIVERSITY......IN SHADOWS IN RIGHT AND LOWER AREAS OF THE PICTURE......IN THE BUSHES AND ETC.....TRUCK PICS DO NOT SHOW *ANY* OF THAT AND WE KNOW LE SEES THE WHOLE PIC .......I THINK THE ANSWERS TO A LOT OF OUR QUESTIONS LIE IN WHAT LE HAS CROPPED OUT!

COW SAYS WHAT?? EXACTLY!

(MOO)[/QUOTE]

There are people in the parking lot in this photo AND to me the back left tire has levitated like the front right did in the other truck photo....running over the invisible object. How long after the other photo was this one taken?

According to ACI, the LCG surveillence cameras record continuously. Here is the link from a previous thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7990152&postcount=382"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15[/ame]

IF she were hit by the truck in front of Circle K, the truck would have to be in the frame already with continuous feed video.

Hey I remember many many threads ago the possibility of her running the red light was discussed. Not sure at all how it would make any difference or what kind if she ran the red light but I think it was something along lines of trying to figure out the amount of time between the stills by what color the light was and how long a red lightvstays red mmmmk .......so before you jump all over anyone itvwas *THIS* site and I am certainly not going through 33 threads to find a post to prove something to the Jesus Christ himself if I can not see how it makes any difference in what happened to Mickey who done it. When where why and how and if she still alive, the red lights really don't matter at all IMO so if you can find some reason as to why it would make any difference at all in terms of rumors whether the light was red green or pink ......and how pleadingly other posters to think that the color of the light is whatever someone says it is or isn't .....I'd be glad to hear it.)

Would you mind explaining why spreading a rumor about the color of the light would be harmful?
THANKS IN ADVANCE ;)
I am going to try to follow TOS as closely as I can here, addressing what I see as a problem without personally attacking the poster, ad hominem.

We are supposed to address the post, and not the poster. It's a fine line, I know.

Counterbalanced with that is the requirement for posters to follow the TOS regarding "rumor," etc.

I have seen a pattern for several days of your posting "quotes" from LE, other posters saying that they have never seen that wording (myself included), and then your either not answering about the source of the quote, or having to walk back your definitive statements.

It's a vastly different thing for you to source a quote to LE, and to source it to another poster, like wodalo (the poster who made the original "Mickey under the truck" .gif).

I, for one, would appreciate it if you would be more careful with your "quotes," and double-check them before posting them as fact. What you're doing with "quotes" like "LE said Mickey ran the red light" is providing "facts" to other posters who may be joining late, that then mislead other posters. I have followed the case from the beginning and am pretty sure that I have never seen such a statement from LE. I think I would remember it, although I may have somehow missed it.

The fact that you have been hammering your point for days, and been posting the same photos, means that you are very invested in your theory. It's important, out of courtesy to lesser-informed posters, not to let your theory drive the "facts."

JMO

I thought this debate was over after ACI called and confirmed she wasn't under there...
Guess not...

I guess lack of new information does that.
I must say though, that door does look open. Did someone confirm what that really was though? Is it a shadow or a light or something?

OK in your shot IMO the driver's side door is OPEN! The truck IS stopped!
moo

If the truck is stopped and the driver's side door is open, there is more video footage of the truck stopped there. Therefore, I put the likelihood of this at slim to none. Just MOO.

I honestly wish I knew but for starters it is in a completely different lane than the other one going in the other direction.....will look for the answer for you though.
)

(and this one is cropped/zoomed in to show even less....count the bushes etc....)
MMMKAAAAAY.........SUBJECT OF THIS POST IS THE CROPPING OF THE IMAGES!!! CERTAIN DETAILS NOT INCLUDED IN VEHICLE PICS..... I THINK WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT AND TRYING TO ENHANCE IS THE PICTURE OF MICKEY.......SEE WHAT WE CAN MAKE OF THE BACKGROUND AREA FROM ACROSS THE STREET LIKE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF UNIVERSITY......IN SHADOWS IN RIGHT AND LOWER AREAS OF THE PICTURE......IN THE BUSHES AND ETC.....TRUCK PICS DO NOT SHOW *ANY* OF THAT AND WE KNOW LE SEES THE WHOLE PIC .......I THINK THE ANSWERS TO A LOT OF OUR QUESTIONS LIE IN WHAT LE HAS CROPPED OUT!

COW SAYS WHAT?? EXACTLY!

(MOO)

There are people in the parking lot in this photo AND to me the back left tire has levitated like the front right did in the other truck photo....running over the invisible object. How long after the other photo was this one taken?[/QUOTE]

According to ACI, the LCG surveillence cameras record continuously. Here is the link from a previous thread:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

IF she were hit by the truck in front of Circle K, the truck would have to be in the frame already with continuous feed video.

I think ACI's statement in that post is referring to the camera further down Landry that captured the Olds, not the LCG camera that's pointing at Circle K.

JMO
http://kpel965.com/mickey-shunick-p...bike-vehicles-of-interest-still-being-sought/

The one thing that we don’t want to jump to conclusions and the thing that we didn’t want to release the damage to the bike initially,” Mouton said, “is because the first initial assumption would be that it was struck by a vehicle.”

“We do not know that for a hundred percent that that’s where that damage came from,” Mouton said.

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

UPDATE IV: Mickey Captured on Video, White Pickup Sought
Original Release: May 25, 2012 @ 6:40 pm
Lafayette, LA – Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets.

UPDATE VIII: Condition of Bike Released by Detectives
Original Release: May 29, 2012 @ 3:30 pm
Lafayette, LA – Detectives with the Lafayette Police Department have released the condition of Mickey Shunick’s bike as it was found. The bike was found to be submerged except for a small section of the frame. The bike’s rear tire was found to be damaged. It is currently being processed by the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab. Detectives are hopeful that forensic experts can find evidence on the frame, handle bars and handgrips that were recovered at the scene.

UPDATE IX: Two Vehicles of Interest Ruled Out
Original Release: May 30, 2012 @ 11:00 am
Lafayette, LA – Lafayette Police have identified the operators and occupants of both the older model 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover, which were captured on surveillance video. Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z-71 pickup truck. The investigation remains ongoing.

Mickey Shunick Lafayette Police Press Conference 5/29/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X9A5PVGhvBQ#t=688s

"One of the trucks which turned and traveled down Saint Landry Street directly behind..uh..Mickey is a Chevrolet..we believe to be a Chevrolet, white Z71 pick-up truck 4-door. That picture has also been circulated"...

I thought this debate was over after ACI called and confirmed she wasn't under there...
Guess not...

I guess lack of new information does that.
I must say though, that door does look open. Did someone confirm what that really was though? Is it a shadow or a light or something?

No official in any capacity has said there's *nothing* under that truck wheel.

I'm not saying it's Mickey. I'm saying it requires an explanation. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member