NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Australia, but FWIW- I do know how difficult and time consuming it can be to identify prosthetic serial numbers from disaster sites where there are people from multiple countries involved and where prosecution might come into play, such as plane crashes. I would imagine this is no different?

I'm thinking a smaller chipper... One that could be hauled behind the Tahoe.. The business truck... He himself stated that he went and got equipment to do his backyard.. If it was a smaller chipper he could have stopped at any U-do-it car wash and sprayed it off...

Just speculating here but what if she was dismembered in the house and then pieces were put through the machine? Not sure if there would be as much blood spray??

I assume she is buried somewhere else and they are searching for items that were discarded to try and cover up, making it harder for LE to find her

you may be right, I may be way off but we've had some members post whose spouses are in the landscaping industry and the way they've explained it makes me doubtful. Plus one member posted video of a wood chipper in action with wood, and the amount of fine particles that blow back onto the user, not even to mention what comes out the other end, well lets say there would be fine blood spray everywhere in that backyard and all over the person doing the disposing.

time will tell

I wholeheartedly believe if they were actually recovering Zahra it would not be out in the open for all to see they would have secured the area and kept media and bystanders away- and these guys would be so much more torn up.

I believe that evidence was put through the chipper and that is what they are picking up- anything and everything that may have been part of the crime.
and I believe they have desired the house is the primary crime scene.
Also there are other searches going on besides at the house.

So, it has been a very busy week.

AB arrested.

EB taken around to various sites.

Mattress recovered.

Prosthetic recovered.

AB bonded out.

LE back at house, due to "new information".

Unkown "pieces" of evidence recovered.

I think the prosthetic leg might have been the murder weapon. The mattress may have indicated bunt force trauma, and combined with the murder weapon, led LE to go back to the home to scour for more evidence.

LE has new information, and the search warrant is based on that.

If it was AB telling LE the "new information", I would like to think he would still be behind bars.

So, I guess it must be EB telling LE the "new information".

The question is, where is poor Zahra? :(

I don't know about Australia, but FWIW- I do know how difficult and time consuming it can be to identify prosthetic serial numbers from disaster sites where there are people from multiple countries involved and where prosecution might come into play, such as plane crashes. I would imagine this is no different?

True Oriah, but i think these are engraved in and the leg was just tossed onto the side of the road I dont think they tried to destroy it! Just my opinion!

I copied this from Nancy's site...
"Breaking news -- investigators discover a prosthetic leg discarded in an overgrown area off a back country road in the search for Zahra's body! This as K9's, police & search teams swarm Zahra's home, digging in her backyard! Have police found Zahra's body? Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking news every night at 8 & 10 pm E.T. on HLN."

Just speculating here but what if she was dismembered in the house and then pieces were put through the machine? Not sure if there would be as much blood spray??

I assume she is buried somewhere else and they are searching for items that were discarded to try and cover up, making it harder for LE to find her

I cannot imagine how a body could be disposed of via a wood chipper in a backyard with houses all around. Nt to be too graphic but he mess of such a thing would be unbelievable. I just don't think tha was done in the backyard. Maybe the equipment site, but not the backyard. SO if LE is looking for small pieces of remains in he mulch out here, I think it would have to have been brought there and depositted.

I mean, can you just imagine, looking out your kitchen window into the backyard next door and seeing blood and tissue spraying out above the fenceline?!?

IT just doesn't seem plausible to me. I do think perhaps LE has been tipped that she was buried in the backyard and the area was covered up with mulch from AB's job.

Makes you wonder exactly what sort of "work" he was up to in the backyard when EB "informed" him Zahra was missing tho.

I have to agree completely...No matter if it was dismembered...it could not be ground that finely- there are always bigger pieces (sorry to say it like that but my husband owns a tree service business and chippers) and the dogs they brought in would have been all over it...and I hate to say it but there would have been other animals attracted to the yard...and IIRC wasn't it reported that the dogs did NOT hit on the chipper (I'm not sure on that part)?

Yes I have seen dogs do unthinkable things to people and kids...but not just pit bulls. I did not even know that they owned pit bulls.???? Did they or is that just a rumor? I must say that I never heard about the breed of dog just that a dog had woke them up to the fire. Never heard mention of the dogs breed at all. Anyway, I own pit bulls and I really find it hard to believe that the dogs would have let anyone harm Zahra. She was a special child and dogs know that and normally watch and protect them more. EB would have had to have closed to dogs out of the room in order to hurt her. I can not imagine anything different just knowing my babies the way I do. I do know that NO animal is perfect...so with that being said I guess at any given time something bad could have happened but I so highly doubt that was the case in this situation. I at least hope so with my whole heart

And as for the baby that just was lost to a pit bull...who knows what happened there. The dog may have thought the baby was a toy doll. There was also a 4 year old in the home. So maybe they had dolls that the dog may have grabbed and played with too. I know that now a lot of dolls look real and make real noises. Who is to say that the dog just did not know the difference. IMO I think that the parents are responsible, they should have known to keep the dog away from that child unless supervised. That is just a recipe for disaster in my book. The dog is ultimately a dog...a human is a human there is definitely a difference in intelligence there. I do not believe in owning an animal that your not completely prepared to deal with no matter what.

With that being said sorry to sound a little tiffed...these stories just give the owners and the dogs horribly bad names. Also, the dog was put to sleep as a result of the situation which please do not misunderstand that was the right thing to do I just wanted to make it clear that a beautiful child and a animal both lost their lives due to negligence. IMO

I cannot imagine how a body could be disposed of via a wood chipper in a backyard with houses all around.

What vehicles do the B's drive, and is there a smaller scale wood chipper that is available to be hauled on a hitch of a car?

(I quoted what sparked my questions.)

Someone wondered earlier why it was taking so long to gather evidence, etc., since the people we assume are involved in this killing are certainly not MENSA material, and probably made several mistakes along the way.

The lawyers are smart, though, especially the hotshot Ms. Dubbs. I think LE is just being very, very careful to get all their ducks lined up in a row for a possible murder charge. They don't want to see this case unravel in a courtroom.

AB arrested.

Mattress recovered.

Prosthetic recovered.

Unknown "pieces" of evidence recovered.

I think the prosthetic leg might have been the murder weapon. The mattress may have indicated bunt force trauma, and combined with the murder weapon, led LE to go back to the home to scour for more evidence.

If it was AB telling LE the "new information", I would like to think he would still be behind bars.

that My Friend is the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!

You could join a group like Big Brothers Big Sisters... keep an eye on at least one small one that may be at risk.

Great idea, coffeemom! A way to do something concrete and immediate. A way to make a difference one child at a time.

It would take a true psychopath to take a precious little girl, murder her, then do something so unimaginable as put her through a wood chipper.

I truly do not think this is what happened to Zahra, though I do understand why the speculation runs rampant regarding the scenario.

JMO

The entire concept of the woodchipper has given me nightmares, even tho I think it is probably what happened.

This case may just be the one that will make me take some time off.

AB arrested.

Mattress recovered.

Prosthetic recovered.

Unknown "pieces" of evidence recovered.

Yes, I agree with everything you typed except for the bolded part. Listen to this report (video on right) ... http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637 around the 2:10 mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks