TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet MP really appreciated that :) Things are closing in a little tighter...hope this case does not lose any momentum.

The "stalker"? Could be a friend of GP, or his GF, or a friend of the GF--doing her a favor. Could be a common thief just scoping out the neighborhood or someone scoping out the property next door? I am curious what this person looked like, male or female and why didn't she call LE if it was so mysterious?

Note. It's possible this whole other GF thing is just a trist for MP and not serious in his eyes, but hers, even if the marriage is kapoot~~. Let's face it, if he does have an alcohol problem, and she is knowledgable of it...doesn't say much about her and her choices. IMO Maybe she is still married also.

JMO

The "stalker"? Could be a friend of GP, or his GF, or a friend of the GF--doing her a favor. Could be a common thief just scoping out the neighborhood or someone scoping out the property next door? I am curious what this person looked like, male or female and why didn't she call LE if it was so mysterious?

Note. It's possible this whole other GF thing is just a trist for MP and not serious in his eyes, but hers, even if the marriage is kapoot~~. Let's face it, if he does have an alcohol problem, and she is knowledgable of it...doesn't say much about her and her choices. IMO Maybe she is still married also.

JMO

maybe bc she didn't have proof...maybe she doubted herself, was rattled, suspected she was being followed but did not know for sure...

if SB can relay the appearance of the car she would see on the street maybe one of the neighbors can relay a reason for it being there...if not it is possible it might be the car or one of the cars GP was worried about...as for girlfriends...well...all you have to do if watch a few crime shows to know that girlfriends/mistresses are sometimes involved in a wife's disappearance or foul play.

if the jeep is in water somewhere...it is too late for whoever put there to go back and get it now. if there is something in the house MP does not want seen...if it is big enough...also might be too late for him to get it out now with so many eyes on him. if GP is not found...all his actions will be questioned. if he has anything to hide hope he is gettin pretty nervous around now. if not, hope GP shows back up safe and sound and more clear headed and does not get taken for a ride in court by him. she has people, on her side.

I would post the court docs if I could figure out how to do it....they wouldn't cut and paste into my WS post...they have the kids names and all of their ss#'s so I'd also need to edit them out because although they're public record I'm NOT comfortable with that. Could I email them to a moderator somehow???

The cellphone beeps were not at wal mart ...they are in the general area of wal mart...that means the bottom of the mountain someplace.

How do you find out if the police have done a vehicle search for TN etc...I mean, if they have even put out an alert for the car? Seems like surely they have...?

The last known sighting of Gail was not by SB (who is sure that Gail was driving)....One I know without doubt (the other I was told about as deffinate)...both have been reported to SMPD...but no update of the last known sighting has been made....Why on earth not??? It's this sort of thing that makes us wonder if anything official is being done.

SM police at first DID say things about the investigation and then...poof...nothing! Did detective Tizzio fall off the face of the earth??
you can send them to me at jbeanwebsleuths@yahoo.com

You are right about the cell ping being in the general area of the base of the mountain. But that was 2 days after she left the kids off. So was she heading back up or coming back down? or was she with her phone at all?

Saturday, April 30, 2011

12:15 pm: Gail brought children home to
40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN 37377-2100
http://bit.ly/lVUChL
and left sans driver's license, credit cards
driving a Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon http://bit.ly/m7RYJA
any phone pings?

Matt P. said he was at his mothers (25 minutes away)
he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30

http://bit.ly/m2koxT
but when he arrived (at what time?) she was gone,
having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

Monday, May 2, 2011

Third 911 call: Gail is reported as missing
Gail Palmgren http://bit.ly/m9mHfw

5:00 pm: WalMart area cell phone ping
Walmart 501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN
http://bit.ly/ilncK7
which cell phone service did Gail have?

ATT Sprint Verizon Cell Towers
http://bit.ly/mT5X8h (scroll down, filter)

topo mao
http://bit.ly/j5LSV6

With each article printed today, we found bits and pieces of something we didn't know before.

My heart goes out to Gail's family. They seem like really nice people. You can tell that Gail was nice too, because she has wonderful friends who think the world of her.

JMHO
fran

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

The marriage of nearly 15 years was stressed.

Gail Palmgren lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. She also suspected her husband was having an affair, according to friends and family, and had discovered hotel invoices from the DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga, invoices that showed his name and that he had paid in cash.

“There was talk about that. She had no proof at that point,” Nichols said. “She did mention she found some things and she was going to further investigate it. She may have found something. She could have gotten concrete proof.”

Matthew Palmgren, who changed his cellphone number since last week, could not be reached for comment on the search for Gail or respond to questions raised from the hotel invoices. Attempts to reach Bryan Hoss, Matthew Palmgren’s attorney, were unsuccessful Monday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tell me this isn't looking worse and worse as the days go by. This is beginning to, well it already did, just more so now, look like the HUSBAND is somehow responsible for his wife's disappearance. It's also looking more and more, like LE isn't going to do a thing about it.

Why do I keep going back to the husband?

Let me tell you why:

1. Wife disappears without a trace and husband doesn't do a thing.
2. Husband reluctantly reports his wife missing upon the urging of his wife's family.....................but Gail had already been missing for two days!
3. Tells everyone that his wife has mental problems and is taking medication for depression and that she's done this before.
4. Husband refuses interview except for a brief statement on the phone.
5. Husband changed his cell phone number.
6. Husband hires an attorney and files for legal separation, child custody, and sole access to the family home.
7. Husband is NOT looking for his wife.

additionally:

Number of 911 DV calls responded to at the home, just prior to wife gone missing.
Neighbor of Gail's said she had a black eye a few weeks before she disappeared.
Wife was in fear of something.
Husband had a mistress and wife found proof of hotel get togethers where the husband paid cash.
Neighbor/friend of the wife, disputes the claim that Gail has done this before, take off, and said she doesn't care who said it.
Neighbor also saw strange car several times that points towards verification that Gail MAY have been followed on different occasions.

HOW MUCH MORE DOES LE NEED, BEFORE THEY DECIDE THEY HAVE ENOUGH PROBABLE CAUSE FOR SW'S?

Unbelieveable!

:(
JMHO
fran

From Fran's link also:

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren&#8217;s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person&#8217;s report was filed, Nichols said.

Can any locals comment on exactly where that may be? On the other side of the mountain---from the Signal Mtn Rd WM area? TIA

That BCBS placed the husband on "Administrative Leave" and he's not simply taking time off for this tragedy or what have you could be significant.

Typically, Administrative Leave = paid time off until we verify facts that will ultimately lead to your firing. Cops involved in shady business, teachers involved with students, priests involved with altar boys...all pass through "Administrative Leave" before being terminated from their jobs completely.

Which suggests that there's some element to this with a nexus to the husband's workplace. You don't place someone on Administrative Leave (which is involuntary and mandatory, but paid) just because they have an unrelated to their job personal crisis. You have various other vacation and emergency leave options for that situation.

Perhaps the rumors of a workplace affair triggered the administrative leave, perhaps the husband has unknown issues at his workplace that triggered the Administrative Leave. Perhaps BCBS is simply clumsy in their handling of employees going through difficult personal times (seems unlikely for a company as attuned to HR issues as a health insurance company should be).

Initially it seemed as tho both Husband and Wife would be silly to spat over money as it seemed they have enough to go around with the promise of lengthy, lucrative careers to bring in much more.

But if the husband has reason to expect that his days of being a highly compensated executive in a major corporation are numbered, those six-figure bank accounts go from nice-to-have to critical life boats for someone accustomed to a certain lifestyle who's possibly about to lose their ability to earn at that level.

If the affair was with someone that worked directly under him...that's a big problem, but it's a big boy's club atomosphere and he will survive, employment wise. Now if he is eventually named a POI in GP's disappearance...that's another story with a bigger hurdle to jump. As far as them having enough money to happliy go their separates ways without a problem....there is an emotional value at hand tied to it all I'm sure. Greed doesn't stop at any certain $ amount. Look at Bernie Matoff......it cost him his son.
imo.

Saturday, April 29, 2011

12:15 pm: Gail brought children home to
40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN 37377-2100
http://bit.ly/lVUChL
and left sans driver's license, credit cards
driving a Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon http://bit.ly/m7RYJA
any phone pings?

Matt P. said he was at his mothers (25 minutes away)
he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30

http://bit.ly/kAOioC
but when he arrived (at what time?) she was gone,
having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

if Gail left the home at 12:15 pm with her cell phone,
it is likely there would be pings on it while driving on the mountain
this could be tested by anyone with the same service

being she left sans credit cards, driver's license
it would seem that she didn't plan on being gone long

if there are pings, the first 20 minutes are critical
as this would somewhat dictate her intentions

if there aren't pings?

just my opinion here;

after the initial few days of information my first impression of this case was that the husband hired someone to kidnap and kill his wife.

i have seen nothing since to dissuade me from that idea.

she WAS being followed. and once she didnt have the kids with her...

the husband will have an airtight alibi for himself, but he must have compensated someone in some way to take care of this for him.

that is how this case will be solved.

*oh and the husband clearly has the money to do such a thing*

just my opinion here;

after the initial few days of information my first impression of this case was that the husband hired someone to kidnap and kill his wife.

the husband will have an airtight alibi for himself, but he must have compensated someone in some way to take care of this for him.

Well, in theory, if the jewelry is with GP and she is never found, MP can make a claim to the insurance company for the loss. Maybe the jewelry would be the payoff...and then he recovers his losses. He doesn't lose a penny in the transaction.

Well, in theory, if the jewelry is with GP and she is never found, MP can make a claim to the insurance company for the loss. Maybe the jewelry would be the payoff...and then he recovers his losses. He doesn't lose a penny in the transaction.

Oh, good Lord ~ I never even thought of that! Brilliant!

It actually makes perfect sense considering her seemed to know the value of the stuff she allegedly removed from the house down to the last dollar. Wasn't it $30,000 worth of belongings?

Snipped...

From Fran's link also:

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

I just read your post, the bolded part, and I know Forums4Justice has posted this before, but it just hit me: The exact same day Matt finally reported her missing (at the insistence of Gail's family), the phone pinged once at the bottom of the mountain. That's not good. At this point, it's obvious she hadn't come back to Signal Mountain on the 2nd, so either her phone is off the road somewhere or someone else had the phone.

Snipped...

I just read your post, the bolded part, and I know Forums4Justice has posted this before, but it just hit me: The exact same day Matt finally reported her missing (at the insistence of Gail's family), the phone pinged once at the bottom of the mountain. That's not good. At this point, it's obvious she hadn't come back to Signal Mountain on the 2nd, so either her phone is off the road somewhere or someone else had the phone.

Yes....Remember Amber Dubois' cell phone was briefly turned on the day after she was murdered which led many to belief she was still alive and a runaway.

From Fran's link also:

Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said.

Can any locals comment on exactly where that may be? On the other side of the mountain---from the Signal Mtn Rd WM area? TIA

Yes, the north base would be at the other end of the mtn from Signal Mtn Rd WM area..

just my opinion here;

That is what I am thinking. He tells her to come back to the house for a "meeting" and then she disappears. Someone could have been waiting at the house and forced her to leave with them. The house is huge so the kids may not have seen the person. Husband arrives ten minutes later to find the children "unsupervised".

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

Matthew Palmgren, who changed his cellphone number since last week, could not be reached for comment on the search for Gail or respond to questions raised from the hotel invoices. Attempts to reach Bryan Hoss, Matthew Palmgren’s attorney, were unsuccessful Monday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would expect that someone at his level at BCBS would have been provided a cellphone. Perhaps he didn't change his number, but rather had to give it up when placed on administrative leave and his cell is now a new one.

That is what I am thinking. He tells her to come back to the house for a "meeting" and then she disappears. Someone could have been waiting at the house and forced her to leave with them. The house is huge so the kids may not have seen the person. Husband arrives ten minutes later to find the children "unsupervised".

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

I wonder if Gail typically parked in the driveway or in the garage. When they got home, I wonder where the kids and the dogs went. I'd like to know more about the dogs.

I also noted Timesville Road runs behind their house, so someone could potentially come through that way.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pv...2982&dir=354.55347997057885&sty=b&form=LMLTCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong