State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on webslueths, yet I have been reading it for at least a year now. This murder trial is quite iffy for me...I think there is a good chance he is guilty; however, his testimony during the first trial was quite compelling. He was excellent on the stand in my opinion. Yes, there is absolutely excessive amounts of circumstancial evidence, but I'm not sure it is going to be enough to find a G verdict. As of now I still think there is reasonable doubt. I am eager for the defense to begin to hear what they have to bring to the table. I'm not swayed either way yet. I need to hear both prosecution and defense.

Also, the LE made huge mistakes, especially when dealing with the gas attendant.

I anticipate another hung jury, especially if JY takes the stand again.

Cassidy Young is my guess

God, I hope not! They would have to be pretty desperate to put an 8 year old child on the stand to testify against her dad who is sitting right there in the court room. She's gone through enough trauma. :(

This is my first post on webslueths, yet I have been reading it for at least a year now. This murder trial is quite iffy for me...I think there is a good chance he is guilty; however, his testimony during the first trial was quite compelling. He was excellent on the stand in my opinion. Yes, there is absolutely excessive amounts of circumstancial evidence, but I'm not sure it is going to be enough to find a G verdict. As of now I still think there is reasonable doubt. I am eager for the defense to begin to hear what they have to bring to the table. I'm not swayed either way yet. I need to hear both prosecution and defense.

Also, the LE made huge mistakes, especially when dealing with the gas attendant.

I anticipate another hung jury, especially if JY takes the stand again.

Hi and welcome!

I agree with you. I've been reading some of the media articles and if the comments by the readers at the end of the articles are any indication of how this trial is perceived by some members of the jury, I think we will have another mistrial.

Maybe he'll get convicted after a third trial like in Michelle O'Keefe's murder case.

Has anybody testified about the dog? Like friends who would come over to the house - did the dog always bark upon their arrival? We have a lab and he barks even at our best friends (maybe barking with excitement, not territorial, but barking nonetheless). Also, my husband travels a lot, and when he's gone, our dog goes into protection mode. It's weird, but it's like he knows. He sleeps downstairs, and usually he sleeps up in the hallway between all the bedrooms. I don't know what he'd do if someone tried to break in, but he would be very loud.

Very nice facebook page. Fiona seems very passionate about her family and her love for MY. Thanks Amarillo....

The baby's name was planned (a boy). It was Rylan. It's on MY's headstone.

stone-1.jpg

Yes, thank you, Otto !!

Okay, the shoes in the back of the SUV were seized when Jason got back to Raleigh.
So, these HAD to be his shoes when he left the house to go to his meeting, and to
Cracker Barrel and in the hotel video, how else would they have got in the back of his SUV?

??????????

Reckon the defense wants to try to con the jury again by passing these light tan, suede boots off as the Hush Puppy slip-ons we saw at CB and again leaving the hotel?

:please:

It was also testified they had no idea how long the print had been there, there was no way to tell.

Quite the coincidence and another terrible example of Jason Young's bad luck that his wife's blood spatter is right there around his clean hand print. And her blood is in his shoe print in the same room. Just terrible misfortune, I'm sure. Lucky for him that he doubled her life insurance weeks from her murder, I say cut Jason Young a check for that $4 million, bring the justice of the peace in and have a civil ceremony for Jason and Ms. McBroad Money. Maybe they can do that during a lunch break.

Reckon the defense wants to try to con the jury again by passing these light tan, suede boots off as the Hush Puppy slip-ons we saw at CB and again leaving the hotel?

:please:

It's pretty obvious those are not casual slip on shoes, as is the style of shoes seen in the cb and hi photos... Unless, of course, you really, really want those to be the shoes in the photos... Then I suppose it wouldn't be obvious at all.

No blood going downstairs or on the first floor?

I have tried to listen to as much of this trial as possible but there are many distractions at work and I have missed all testimony this week. This forum is where I go to try to understand what has been testified. I am terribly confused about no blood traces on the stairs or first floor. Let me explain what I think are the facts (I have my flame suit on in case it is needed)

It has been testified that MY's body had to be moved in order to open JY's closet. It has been alleged that JY changed in his closet. It has been testified that both the bed and where MY body lay was bloodied. It seems to me that this has boxed in JY's closet with MY body and the bed.

If JY changed in the closet I would assume that there would have to be bloody shoe prints in this closet. Is this correct? If JY changed in the closet then how did he exit the closet without getting any blood on his changed set of clothes?

Is these are stupid questions then it simply shows that I have been had undivided attention paid to the testimony. I believe that I have however read every post on this forum since the trial started.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Albert, the only bloody prints found in the closet were from CY (presumably made after JY opened the closet door, reached in to get another pair of shoes. I doubt his jeans and Tshirt were in the closet, so his clothing was likely grabbed from his dresser or dirty clothes pile.

After stripping nude in the bedroom, he went outside to hose off the blood spatter on his face. When he returned, he found Cassidy in the open closet, by her mom. He then put his bloody shoes back on, picked her up and carried her into the hall bathroom, closing the door. After regrouping, he picked up CY from the bathroom and carried her outside to hose her hands and feet off (her foot made the blood spec on the door knob as they passed)

Both clean, he put CY back to bed,,,turned on he lullaby music and gave her a strong dose of cold med. He then slipped on his jeans and tshirt, grabbed his Kenneth Cole shoes....MOO

Also...
I don't think there was speculation he actually changed in the closet.
That is a great point though. The killer took great pains to open the closet door...supposedly to steal $500 from a new wallet, lOL
If his closet was ransacked by the killer looking for loot, where are either the HP or Franklin prints?
Hmmm.

It's pretty obvious those are not casual slip on shoes, as is the style of shoes seen in the cb and hi photos... Unless, of course, you really, really want those to be the shoes in the photos... Then I suppose it wouldn't be obvious at all.

Those boots are as similar to his HPs as that birthday sweater was to his missing pullover, LOL

The clear facts are that JY did not have in his truck the clothing he wore when seen leaving the hotel around midnight.

The state didn't need to seize what he was wearing when he came back to Raleigh - there are witnesses who saw the clothing and it was not what he was wearing when he left the hotel.

So, at some point, he disposed of that clothing. Unless he goes with another goodwill stop, what possible reason could there be to do that? Just one.

The state did not need to seize any goodwill bags in the home, if there were any. If the HP's had been in them, the defense would have plopped them on the table at the first trial.

Seriously, the state didn't follow other avenues because they didn't seize bags that were intended for goodwill?

I would think all sides would stipulate the floating goth killer was probably not in any bag in the garage.

Using logic and common sense, the jury should clearly understand why the SUV was void of blood. No matter how many times Klink repeats and drills "he had no scratches or left a single drop of blood in his SUV", it does not mean he should have.
Removing gloves and changing clothes from head to toe would also remove the bloody gore that was there.
Come on jury, look past klink's drama and use common sense.

He then put his bloody shoes back on, picked her up and carried her into the hall bathroom, closing the door. After regrouping, he picked up CY from the bathroom and carried her outside to hose her hands and feet off (her foot made the blood spec on the door knob as they passed)

Both clean, he put CY back to bed,,,turned on he lullaby music and gave her a strong dose of cold med. He then slipped on his jeans and tshirt, grabbed his Kenneth Cole shoes....MOO

Thanks JTF. If he put his bloody shoes back on and carried her throughout the upstairs then how was there no adult shoe prints anywhere but the MBR?

Skittles!!! HiYa :seeya:-

Just now noticed your postings (I'm catching up this morning). So good to have you on this board! Been wondering where you wuz!:waitasec:

:great:So glad to see you here. Let's get him!

Albert, the only bloody prints found in the closet were from CY (presumably made after JY opened the closet door, reached in to get another pair of shoes. I doubt his jeans and Tshirt were in the closet, so his clothing was likely grabbed from his dresser or dirty clothes pile.

After stripping nude in the bedroom, he went outside to hose off the blood spatter on his face. When he returned, he found Cassidy in the open closet, by her mom. He then put his bloody shoes back on, picked her up and carried her into the hall bathroom, closing the door. After regrouping, he picked up CY from the bathroom and carried her outside to hose her hands and feet off (her foot made the blood spec on the door knob as they passed)

Also...
I don't think there was speculation he actually changed in the closet.
That is a great point though. The killer took great pains to open the closet door...supposedly to steal $500 from a new wallet, lOL
If his closet was ransacked by the killer looking for loot, where are either the HP or Franklin prints?
Hmmm.

Had he rinsed off any blood with the outside hose, LE would have detected traces somewhere nearby (grass/dirt/concrete). They did not.

Thanks JTF. If he put his bloody shoes back on and carried her throughout the upstairs then how was there no adult shoe prints anywhere but the MBR?

Someone carried her...bloody child prints all by her mom, then void until the hall landing and the bathroom.

There were faint adult prints leaving the bedroom toward the door....eventually fading completely.

187303-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-78-640x426.jpg

Had he rinsed off any blood with the outside hose, LE would have detected traces somewhere nearby (grass/dirt/concrete). They did not.

<modsnip>

Did you see the water running from that hose, apparently for 11 hours?
By the time CCBI tested for blood in that location days later, any trace was diluted and long gone.

Ok, serious question about shoes.. Just went back and watched some print testimony. Where was it testified that they determined the HP print to be a size 12? I found no size confirmation on this shoe. Just that the print matched this HP type of sole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo