GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.huliq.com/10178/ohio-college-town-warned-dangerous-person-area

Submitted by Anissa Ford on 2010-11-12

Howard, Ohio is home to Kenyon College, a small liberal arts college that holds 1800 college students.

Kenyon College was locked down as authorities search for four missing people. A 32-year-old mother Tina Hermann, her 13-year-old daughter Sarah Maynard, her 10-year-old son Kody Maynard, and the mother’s friend Stephanie Spring, a 41-year-old woman.

I saw this on the news this morning - when the spokesperson was talking about the unusual conditions discovered in the house, it sounded like he almost started to say "blood" before switching to unusual conditions. He also said that it was not the type of situation that a family would be living in, which sounds very ominous.

It kinda of is the boonies. About 15-20 minutes from town (Mount Vernon). My MIL lives in Apple Valley on the lake, many of the homes in this area are seasonal / weekend homes for many people. Lots of older people in the area that are retired and head south when the weather turns cold.

I saw this on the news this morning - when the spokesperson was talking about the unusual conditions discovered in the house, it sounded like he almost started to say "blood" before switching to unusual conditions. He also said that it was not the type of situation that a family would be living in, which sounds very ominous.

I just read the same strange comment here - and have been trying to figure out what the 'for a place where woman & children were living' meant...I was thinking maybe everything had been moved out - the place was empty...IDK - I'm baffled.

A subsequent police search of the house determined that it was in an "unusual condition" for a place where a woman and two children were living, Barber said.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/12/11/4-people-missing-college-lockdown-ar-288593/

Herrmann's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, the sheriff said, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by nearby Kenyon College, about 50 miles northeast of Columbus.

The truck was discovered at the Brown Family Environmental Center, across the road from campus, but was later removed. The sheriff's office told the school that the vehicle was believed to be connected to a crime scene.
An e-mail sent to Kenyon students, provided to The Associated Press, says "local law enforcement advised of a potentially dangerous person in the vicinity." Shawn Presley, a Kenyon College spokesman, said authorities were referring to a suspect linked to the missing women and children.
He said the college did not believe there was any threat to students and that the lockdown was done strictly as a precaution. Authorities did not say whether they found anyone, Presley said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_16594619?nclick_check=1

Sounds like the "suspect" might be the live-in. JMO

image_missingadultschildren.jpg

I'm thinking the co-worker who came to the house on Thursday and saw the very unusual conditions is lucky to be alive.

It's a small town, and that lockdown was a smart move for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that now everybody on that campus has eyes and ears on what's going on. Dude would have to take his credit card out and buy gas and get on down the road, I would think. With all the evidence in plain sight, it's probably just a matter of days or a week before this drama totally unravels. JMO

Maybe the 'boyfriend' decided that LE was looking too closely at him or moving in the direction of these women and children being harmed....so he moved the truck to make it appear that she came back and took the truck...that she's still living and the 4 decided to leave on their own. MOO.

How sad, another disappearance.

Mt Vernon is sort of a country town more than a big city town. Lots of River and lakes around. Back country roads. hilly.

I also wonder if the mother and her "friend" didnt just take off and plan to restart their lives. or they could have sensed a major danger to one or more of them, so they took off. I dont understand the truck that was moved around, nor do I understand the boyfriend not noticing anything in the house. Boy friend is my prime suspect. I also wonder what kind of relationship mom and friend had. Boy friend came home unexpected?

Where is this family.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=29&sid=2115733

very good write up on the case so far.

((aside)) I have family in this area (johnstown, danville, and Mt. Vernon) and also grew up about 20 miles away... this is an absolutely beautiful part of Ohio.

I hope these four are found soon. the descriptions of the children in the above article was heartbreaking. I hope they have not been harmed.

any word on WHERE the boyfriend is? Has he absconded?

"When (the co-worker) went in, she saw some things out of place," the sheriff told the television station. A subsequent police search of the house determined that it was in an "unusual condition" for a place where a woman and two children were living, Barber said.
It was unclear what led to their disapperance, and Barber did not elaborate.
The friend's vehicle was found parked at the home.

The mother's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by nearby Kenyon College, about 50 miles northeast of Columbus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/12/reported-missing-forces-lockdown-ohio-college/

Do I understand this correctly? The mother's pick-up was at the home at the time the boyfriend reported her missing........but after he reported her missing, the pickup truck was moved and found abandoned at the college?

If I'm reading that correctly, it almost sounds like the boyfriend went to the house, saw that the mother and children were missing, went somewhere to call the police and report them missing, and while he made that call, the truck was moved. Were the perps still around the house when the boyfriend was there???

Larry Maynard told Columbus station WBNS-TV on Friday the co-worker said she first peered into the home and saw things out of place. He says the woman went inside, saw blood and called police.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=29&sid=2115733

. The split-level house is surrounded by trees and sits isolated on a relatively short, rural roadway. Both ends of the road were blocked off Friday with yellow crime-scene tape, as sheriff's deputies stood guard.

Do I understand this correctly? The mother's pick-up was at the home at the time the boyfriend reported her missing........but after he reported her missing, the pickup truck was moved and found abandoned at the college?

If I'm reading that correctly, it almost sounds like the boyfriend went to the house, saw that the mother and children were missing, went somewhere to call the police and report them missing, and while he made that call, the truck was moved. Were the perps still around the house when the boyfriend was there???

It sounds like, yes, the truck was still there when the boyfriend came to the home and then reported her missing. That, to me, indicates someone other than the boyfriend. Had the boyfriend harmed them, there would have been plenty of time for him to move the truck and then report her missing. He wouldn't report and then go to move the car - there would be too great a chance to be caught.

I also wonder if he was inside - if he was, then it seems like the "unusual circumstances" in the home were not present when he was here. But then, what would prompt him to report them missing?

There's a lot of odd facts surrounding this one. One of my classmates is a reporter for a local station. He doesn't generally report crimes or breaking news, but I'll see if he's heard anything new tonight.

Did police not come out and check the home, when the boyfriend reported them missing? Wouldn't they have seeen the blood and things out of place? Wouldn't the boyfriend have? This is a strange case.

Praying for the safety of these women and children!

KCSO in search of missing Apple Valley women and children

copy of part of news article on federalnewsradio. The ex-husband of an Ohio woman whose disappearance with their children triggered a college lockdown says a co-worker found blood at the woman's home.
Larry Maynard told Columbus station WBNS-TV on Friday the co-worker said she first peered into the home and saw things out of place. He says the woman went inside, saw blood and called police.

Investigators say Maynard's ex-wife, Tina Herrmann, was first reported missing on Wednesday. Also missing are her 13-year-old daughter with Maynard, their 10-year-old son and a 41-year-old female friend.

HOWARD — The Knox County Sheriff’s Office is searching for clues to find four people reported missing.

Tina Herrmann, 481 King Beach Drive,
Missing are Herrmann, 32
Sarah Maynard, 13,
Kody Maynard, 10;
Stephanie Sprang, 41.

Herrmann’s vehicle was recovered Thursday night near the Kenyon College campus. Sprang’s vehicle was found in Herrmann’s garage.

this is my humble effort to start a time line. The boyfriends name has been in an article, so can we use his name now? I checked Knox Co records, and his name did not come up.

I was thinking the same as y'all - something is left out of the reports - or something just doesn't seem right about these circumstances as reported. :waitasec:

If the boyfriend reported Tina and the others missing on Wednesday, and Tina's pickup truck was there at that time...........was the pickup truck missing when the police investigated? And, when did the police investigate? Did they respond to the report right away on Wednesday when the boyfriend reported it? It sounds like the police didn't check out the house until after the co-worker reported Tina missing.

Larry Maynard said that he spoke with one of Tina Herrmann's co-workers, who went to her house and peeked inside her windows after not showing up for work.

"I guess (the co-worker saw) some beer cans and some things that looked kind of out of place, and she knew that something was definitely not right," Larry Maynard said. "My ex kept a pretty clean house. She went and entered the home and when she went into the home, she saw some blood in the home and -- at that point -- she turned around and left."

According to Larry Maynard, the co-worker then called 911. He told 10TV News that Tina Herrmann never missed work and his children never missed school.

Larry Maynard said that Tina Herrmann's boyfriend contacted him after she was reported missing.

"My kids are my world," Larry Maynard said. "It's like somebody had ripped my heart out of me. I don't want to believe that something has happened to my children, but in my heart, I know there's something that's happened to them."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member