GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Konesha Smith, whose daughter -- Mariah Trenice Smith -- has been the subject of an Amber Alert since Sunday, told Local 4 on Tuesday she was informed by police that her sister, Quanita Smith, had failed a polygraph and was held.

Police said they are also questioning the aunt's boyfriend and another man who was seen in the house when the girl went missing.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

BBM AND UL

More.....:banghead:

I am still confused as to the 5-7 year old estimate given on the body retrieved from the fire, for such a small 5-year old...seems a poor estimate, if coming from ME...

I am still confused as to the 5-7 year old estimate given on the body retrieved from the fire, for such a small 5-year old...seems a poor estimate, if coming from ME...

At this age I think what they usually go on is "dental age". It's possible that she had lost more teeth than a typical 5 year old (which is zero teeth lost). Her uppers actually look like adult teeth to me, which is VERY unusual in a 5 year old. I could be wrong, they could be just very large baby teeth.

Konesha Smith, whose daughter -- Mariah Trenice Smith -- has been the subject of an Amber Alert since Sunday, told Local 4 on Tuesday she was informed by police that her sister, Quanita Smith, had failed a polygraph and was held.

Police said they are also questioning the aunt's boyfriend and another man who was seen in the house when the girl went missing.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

BBM AND UL

More.....:banghead:

I was just going to post about the latest breaking news in the case, but you beat me to it. I saw video at noon today of the aunt in question praying with Mariha's cousins who also lived in the house. I thought that it was very strange that she prayed that "G-d would protect Mariha's soul." Sure sounded to me like she thought (or knew) that the little girl was dead.

Sad story, but I'm not surprised. I didn't expect a good outcome.

No sleuthing or discussing family not mentioned in media and no discussing minors. Thanks.

Ima

Family Members Mentioned in the media:

Konesha Smith
*24 years old
*Mariha's mother
*Has four children, Mariha is the oldest
*Possible altercation with a man at a party/liquor store.
*Told LE that she thought her daughter was kidnapped. She said she does not remember anything because she was drunk and passed out.

Quanita Lashay Smith
*Konesha Smith's sister / Mariha Smith's Aunt
*She was the one in the video talking about KS being on pain meds for a broken leg.
*She had outstanding warrants.
*She has a public FB page with drug references.
*It was reported today that she failed her poly and is being detained by LE (along with her boyfriend and another male)
*She spoke about Mariha's soul (as if she knew she was dead)

Diane Henry
*Konesha's mother
*Has 12 children (reported in a news article)
*Several news articles/interviews/pitures

Dominique Poole
*Konesha's sister / Mariha's Aunt
*Mentioned in several articles
*Talked to reporters
*Said yesterday she believes Mariha is still alive.

Felisha Smith
*Konesha's sister
*Said she put Mariha to sleep in the dining room.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/child-found-dead-in-home

Police are also searching for a man who bought gas at a BP station on Waverly around 7:30 a.m. Sunday. The station manager told police the unidentified man paid for less than $2 in gas with a $20 bill and never returned for his change.

:waitasec:
First they said $0.57, then they said $0.41, now they are saying less than $2.00.

This is the first I have heard of him not returning for his change.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/child-found-dead-in-home

Police are also searching for a man who bought gas at a BP station on Waverly around 7:30 a.m. Sunday. The station manager told police the unidentified man paid for less than $2 in gas with a $20 bill and never returned for his change.

:waitasec:
First they said $0.57, then they said $0.41, now they are saying less than $2.00.

This is the first I have heard of him not returning for his change.

In the video, reporter says Grandmother is livid at aunt in jail.
There was a teaser for 6 o'clock news - why grandma says story from the aunt doesn't add up.
I'll keep checking for the update.

In the video, reporter says Grandmother is livid at aunt in jail.
There was a teaser for 6 o'clock news - why grandma says story from the aunt doesn't add up.
I'll keep checking for the update.

Great!!!

Are you local?

Konesha Smith
*24 years old
*Mariha's mother
*Has four children, Mariha is the youngest
*Told LE that she thought her daughter was kidnapped. She said she does not remember anything because she was drunk and passed out.

Quanita Lashay Smith
*Konesha Smith's sister / Mariha Smith's Aunt
*She was the one in the video talking about KS being on pain meds for a broken leg.
*She had outstanding warrants.
*She has a public FB page with drug references.
*It was reported today that she failed her poly and is being detained by LE (along with her boyfriend and another male)
*She spoke about Mariha's soul (as if she knew she was dead)

Diane Henry
*Konesha's mother
*Has 12 children (reported in a news article)
*Several news articles/interviews/pitures

Dominique Poole
*Konesha's sister / Mariha's Aunt
*Mentioned in several articles
*Talked to reporters
*Said yesterday she believes Mariha is still alive.

What about FS she is in many videos and KS"s BF, MM?
None minors and all mentioned in MSM

According to MSM FS was the last one to see Mariha

Konesha Smith
*24 years old
*Mariha's mother
*Has four children, Mariha is the youngest

Mariha is the OLDEST.

Mariha, her mother and three siblings — ages 4, 2 and 6 months — had been staying there for the past couple months, her grandmother, Diane Henry said.

http://detnews.com/article/20110726...rred-body-is-missing-5-year-old#ixzz1TCo6Ha24

How can they tell if the child's body was burned beyond recognition? Wouldn't that evidence be destroyed by the fire?

They were able to tell immediately that it was a girl. Obviously there was something to indicate that even before autopsy... I don't think they would go on hair or clothes alone.

I had a nephew born when I was 5. :)

My nephew was born in April and my brother (his Uncle) was born 8 months later in December.

Any mention of a daddy for Mariha being in her life? Hopefully, her siblings have been removed from the home. If they live there....

Any mention of a daddy for Mariha being in her life? Hopefully, her siblings have been removed from the home. If they live there....

Daddy has not been in her life for several years, link in a minute...

In this video it says he's not in the picture - toward the end
Talks about bringing dog to sniff aunts boyfriend

plus another teaser for 6 pm news not up yet

Daddy has not been in her life for several years, link in a minute...

ooops....thanks....it is mentioned in the article above. There is is so much sadness connected with this tragedy, it seems impossible that Mariha and her siblings survived this long. I am mostly ANGRY that the adults in this childs life let her down so horribly. Shame on them....:maddening:

I am wondering if QS saw that KS was really drunk, so she took the opportunity to 'trade' the young girl for some drugs to her bf's friend that night. And maybe things got really out of control from there. :sad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back