Identified! WA - Spokane River, UID male 1051umwa, Jun'06 - Jeffrey Weinandt

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this. It is current news as it was just on KREM news last night. It doesn't state whether foul play is suspected, so I figured best to post here rather than 'Crimes in the news' forum.

Medical examiner seeks public's help
06:29 PM PST on Tuesday, January 23, 2007
KREM.com

SPOKANE -- The Spokane Co. Medical Examiner has released a composite sketch of a man whose body was found in the Spokane River last June.

There is evidence the man was in the water for quite some time, perhaps up to two weeks. However, all attempts to identify the man have failed.

Based on bone structure, an artist created a sketch of the victim. He was approximately 6 foot 1, 200 pounds.

The man's body was found along the Spokane River June 18th, at the far west end of Broadway. If you have any information, call the medical examiner.

You can see the composite sketch of the man found in the Spokane River (WA) last June here:
http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_012307_riverunidentified.12545092.html

IF someone is able to post the composite here, that would be great!

Here ya go

M_IMAGE.jpg

BhamMama said:
Here ya go

M_IMAGE.jpg

Thanks for you help, BhamMama! You're an angel!
:)

The lady I spoke with at the medical examiners office regarding another "john doe" also told me that she would be updating her site with a few photos of the unidentified if you all want to check that out as well. The photos are only of unidentified who are in her words "really good shape."

That is eery...it's possible.

Wow--seems possible. It is worth a phone call to the police department in this case. Wow.

Joe Pichler does have a thread or 2 here on WS.

This is a possible, IMO.

Has it been called in yet? Need me to do it?

Dang. Close enough to check out, certainly.

Have Christine call!

Isn't it sickening though to feel like you don't want it to be, but you do? And you're not even a relative? Oh, man. :sad:

Hey guys-I called the ME office to see if this man had already been compared to Joe. I want to say the last time I had contact with Kathy Pichler, Joe's Mom, that Joe had been compared to all UID's in WA state as of 2008...but who knows.

The Spokane ME's office is going to call me back shortly.

GREAT GREAT find!!!

sorry guys had to take a lil nap before my kids got up that thing had me staring all night, sorry for starting a new thread...i figured he chose me so randomly that nobody would have discussed him.

I spoke with the ME-she compared him to Joe and ruled him out a while back. Just as an aside, this incredibly bright astute lady knew just what Joe's teeth/dentals looked like from memory....amazing.

This poor UID has bad teeth, perhaps as a result of long term substance abuse over time. I am glad you started a new thread because he also deserves a name so he is worth digging around for.

Peace

I spoke with the ME-she compared him to Joe and ruled him out a while back. Just as an aside, this incredibly bright astute lady knew just what Joe's teeth/dentals looked like from memory....amazing.

This poor UID has bad teeth, perhaps as a result of long term substance abuse over time. I am glad you started a new thread because he also deserves a name so he is worth digging around for.

Peace

Aww I was so hoping, well at least that got me interested in his case. Back to the drawing board.

Sorry it's my first attempt and it was more of a stumble that I couldn't get out of my brain. Does anybody think these look like the same guy?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1051umwa.html http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Actually, I'm thinking this http://doenetwork.org/cases/993umwa.html looks like your first link.

What do you think?

Salem

Weird. Obviously they are not each other because they are both UIDs and one was found a year later. But what is interesting is that they are both from Washington. To me, they look similar. I'll have to go back and read each's story again.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1051umwa.html

Unidentified White Male
The victim was discovered on June 18, 2006 in Spokane, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: Some time in 2005 or early 2006
--------------------------------------------
Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10"-6'3"; 200-230 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: No tattoos noted on the skin present but some skin surfaces were missing due to decomposition.
Clothing: He was wearing a single sock, hanes brand and a pair of Brief style under shorts with three "X X X":s written in permanent marker on the waistband.
Fingerprints: Unobtainable
Dentals: He had missing teeth, and may have had 4 more dental extractions in the weeks or months prior to death. Dental information was obtained from the body but no missing persons match found through WSP database.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Case History
The victim was located in the Spokane River behind the back yard of 1201 Evergreen, San Souci Trailer Park, Spokane.
The body was found entangled in brush near the shoreline and was noted to be in an advanced state of decomposition, dressed only in underwear briefs and socks.
A number of post-mortem traumatic injuries are present suggesting the body may have traveled down the river some distance.
The absence of clothing may or may not be related to current, rocks, and so on.
The estimated time the body was in the river prior to discovery, is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer.
Age is estimated at between 20 and 40 years, with late twenties to early thirties thought to be more likely.
Fingerprints were not possible and the body is not visually identifiable. However, an artist's rendering of the man's face was drawn based on a thorough examination of the facial structures and skeleton.
The toxicology was positive for marijuana and caffeine.
The manner of death are undetermined. The decedent may have recently (perhaps May or early June) been released or gone missing form a Group Home, mental ward, jail, or other institution. He may also have been suicidal.

==========================================

Possible match?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/bosma_michael.html

Michael Bosnan

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 9, 2006 from Kelowna, British Columbia
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth:
Height: 6'0"-6'1"
Weight: 250-270 lbs
Hair Color: Brown/Dirty Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Characteristics: Wears glasses
Medical Conditions: Suffers from schizophrenia, needs
his medication or will be very disoriented and confused, not
violent.
Clothing: Blue jeans and a black down filled jacket.
Case Number: 06-1572 and 06-1586
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
On the 9th January 2006 at approximately 9:00 p.m. Michael Bosma, left on foot from a care home located on Bernard Ave., Kelowna and was to return by 11:00 p.m. that evening. Bosma failed to return and has been missing since that date. The last contact with Bosma was approximately midnight on the evening when he left when he used his ATM bank card at the Esso service station which had been located at the corner of Harvey ave and Pandosy. There has not been any information concerning BOSMA'S disappearance since that time.

He was recently hospitalized, and, until Monday night, was staying at a local transition house.

He was last known to be in Jammer's Cold Beer and Liquor Store on Highway 97 sometime Tuesday where he used a debit card.
=========================================

Possible match?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/siluch_kevin.html

Kevin Daniel Siluch
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: December 4/9, 2005 from Vancouver, British Columbia
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: March 22, 1963
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 181 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Fair complexion and
athletic build. Wavy hair. A tattoo of "Raven"on his
left chest.
Medical Conditions: Paralysis of the left side of face.
Case Number: 06-293600
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Siluch was last seen on December 4/9, 2005 in the area of Main and Hastings in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He was arrested on the 3rd of December and released.
=====================================================

I'd like to see maps of where Michael Bosnan went missing and where the UID was found.

Also, would like to see stats side by side, for both possibles...going to work on this now.

Great sleuthing!

http://www.highwayoftears.ca/missing-bc/mikebosma.htm
Kelowna News January 20, 2006

Every day he’s gone, Michael Bosma’s condition will get worse. Every day he’s gone brings him more confusion and disorientation.
Every day he’s gone wears on family who miss him so.
John and Wendy Bosma told reporters Thursday that they believe their 26-year-old son could be just about anywhere.
He has been missing since he walked out of a transition home for people with mental disorders on Monday, Jan. 9.
The 6-foot-one, 270-lb man suffers from schizophrenia and is coming off a break down.
Without his medication, his parents can only guess at his current condition.
“He will be confused, disoriented,” Wendy said.
“He is not dangerous or anything but when you’re disoriented you can do anything that can cause a chain reaction of other things.”
He wouldn’t hurt himself or others, she says, but schizophrenia is a thought-disorder that could lead him into any situation.
He was diagnosed at age 19, but at times since then Bosma has led a very regular life.
He has friends, had his own apartment and even attended college for a time. The stresses of exams last fall led to a break down that landed him in hospital.
He was staying at Coral House when he walked out around 9 a.m.
He was due for his medication at 11:30 p.m. but never showed up.
No one from the home contacted the Bosma’s until the following morning.
“I was surprised by that,” Wendy said.
“If he was staying at our house and he wasn’t back, we would have been out there to look for him.”
He removed some money from a bank account at a Chevron station at Pandosy Street and Harvey Avenue Tuesday morning but from there seems to have vanished with very little cash and no identification.
Police have issued a Canada-wide warrant for his detention under a mental health warrant.
At first, Wendy figured he might be at the mall, where it is warm.
She thought maybe a movie theatre or Internet cafe or sipping a coffee at Tim Horton’s, his favourite.
She has even gotten tips from some people but none of them have panned out.
He’s hitch-hiked in the past, and he’s clean cut so perhaps someone gave him a ride.
The Bosma’s have to rely on people who might have seen him because it’s less likely that he will see the dozens of missing person notices, newspaper articles or radio and television messages.
Wendy, John, his two brothers just want him back
“Mike, come home,” Wendy says.
“We love you and miss you and are waiting for you to come and live with us again.”

UID Michael Kevin

Found 6/18/09 missing 1/9/06 missing 12/4-9/08
Est Age 18-40 age 25 age 42
5'10" 6'0"-6'1" 6'0"
200-230 250-270 181
Hair ? brown/dirty blonde brown
eyes ? blue brown

UID
is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer Had marijuana and caffeine in system. There were present post mortem injuries and also he only wore undies and socks, but both can be attributed to a 'ride' down the river. No tattoos present, however, advanced decomp can't rule out tattoos.

Michael:
Suffers from shizophrenia and needs meds. Left care home on Bernard Ave and didn't return at expected time 11PM. Bank card used at midnight.

Kevin:
Tattoo of "raven on left chest", face paralysis.

Working on map for Michael/UID now.

Thanks for your help, Christine.

UID Michael Kevin

Found 6/18/09 missing 1/9/06 missing 12/4-9/08
Est Age 18-40 age 25 age 42
5'10" 6'0"-6'1" 6'0"
200-230 250-270 181
Hair ? brown/dirty blonde brown
eyes ? blue brown

UID
is likely not less than one to two weeks but could be considerably longer Had marijuana and caffeine in system. There were present post mortem injuries and also he only wore undies and socks, but both can be attributed to a 'ride' down the river. No tattoos present, however, advanced decomp can't rule out tattoos.

Michael:
Suffers from shizophrenia and needs meds. Left care home on Bernard Ave and didn't return at expected time 11PM. Bank card used at midnight.

Kevin:
Tattoo of "raven on left chest", face paralysis.

Working on map for Michael/UID now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez