GA - Sisters, 2 & 5, killed in Spalding Co. mobile home fire

Evan's Mom

Reaction score
They never even had a chance.
My co-worker was their father. I don't know him really because he works in the warehouse and I work in the office, but it's still raw just the same.
The sheriff's dept called here this morning and asked for him. When he came to the phone, he was told there was a fire at home and he needed to be there ASAP.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=139372&catid=40

"Neighbors at the Ponderosa Mobile Home Park in Spalding County heard mother Ashley Johnson screaming for help. According to Capt. Tony Ranieri of the Spalding County Sheriff's Office, the girls, age 2 and 4, were trapped inside the mobile home.

The girls' mother was burned while trying to rescue the girls from inside the mobile home. Her present condition is not known. A neighbor who also tried to rescue the girls was hurt by broken glass from a window."

My thoughts and prayers are with the mother and father of these little girls. Evan's mom will you please keep us updated on the mother's condition?

My thoughts and prayers are with the mother and father of these little girls. Evan's mom will you please keep us updated on the mother's condition?

Facts:

The mom is at Grady in the Burn Unit. I don't know her condition yet.

The cause of the fire was a faulty window unit that was an AC/Heater thing. The fire dept said it was around 10 years old, the landlord claims it was less than a year old.

Hearsay:

I don't know how much is true because it's just what I heard from one of my coworker's friends, but apparently she was able to get to the babies, and then had to put them down again to unlatch the door.
That was when they ran back to their room to hide and she was unable to get to them.

I also heard they had lost another child within the last year or so, but I don't know the age, how or why.

Facts:

The mom is at Grady in the Burn Unit. I don't know her condition yet.

The cause of the fire was a faulty window unit that was an AC/Heater thing. The fire dept said it was around 10 years old, the landlord claims it was less than a year old.

Hearsay:

I don't know how much is true because it's just what I heard from one of my coworker's friends, but apparently she was able to get to the babies, and then had to put them down again to unlatch the door.
That was when they ran back to their room to hide and she was unable to get to them.

I also heard they had lost another child within the last year or so, but I don't know the age, how or why.

That breaks my heart. That family, and all who know and love them, are in my prayers. The poor mom. I can't imagine.

I had both hands on my face and I am speechless. :(
OMG this poor family....
God Bless them to come through this. I have no idea how they can? :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members