GUILTY MI - Jamar Pinkney, 15, shot to death, Highland Park, 16 Nov 2009

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21630930/detail.html

A woman, who did not want her identity revealed told Local 4 what she saw.

"He brought him out the house, he walked him over there and said, 'Get on the ground,' and he's like, 'No, Daddy, no, Daddy,' and next thing you know, he grabbed his head and he shot him," said the witness.

The witness said the father calmly got into his vehicle and drove away.

"He was calm and drove off like a regular person, like he didn't do anything, and I am like, 'wow,'" said the witness.

Heartbreaking!

O M G!!

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...n-son-over-sexual-contact-with-half-sister--3

Relatives said Jamar Jr. recently told his mother that he'd had sexual contact with his half-sister, 3, several months ago.

Jamar's aunt, Yolanda Cherry, said the boy's mother took the girl to a doctor to be examined on Sunday, and that there were no indications of sexual abuse.

"There is nothing normal about killing your child," Cherry said. "I don't know why he shot him. He was a good boy. This is so sad."

Whoa!! The story you linked if very incomplete. The story omits the part where the father found out 15 year old son sexually abused his 3 year old half-sister.

Responses should be interesting considering that "Death" is the #1 Websleuth poll answer when asked what penalty should pedophiles receive.

One of the reasons I wanted to start this thread. It appears, although I'm not sure it's been confirmed, that there was no penetration, the kid knew what he did was wrong, and asked for help from his mom. Does that change things? I don't know. While I believe, from the sparse information out there, that the 15 year old acted inappropriately, I do not believe it gave his own father a right to execute him.

I am just speechless. Regardless of what the boy did or did not do, to shoot your own son in the head as he begs you not to and then just drive away...it's unbelievable. That man is a monster.

I am just speechless. Regardless of what the boy did or did not do, to shoot your own son in the head as he begs you not to and then just drive away...it's unbelievable. That man is a monster.

I so agree and am speechless!

And bless mom's heart - according to her story she was letting dad know so they could get the 15yo some help....how sad that she was trying to do the right thing then this happened. :(

And bless mom's heart - according to her story she was letting dad know so they could get the 15yo some help....how sad that she was trying to do the right thing then this happened. :(

And obviously, the child had a conscience, if he told his mother about it.

I wonder if the bio-dad was also a molester--maybe he had molested the boy at some time and didn't want anyone to find out, as they might if the kid went to therapy?

One of the reasons I wanted to start this thread. It appears, although I'm not sure it's been confirmed, that there was no penetration, the kid knew what he did was wrong, and asked for help from his mom. Does that change things? I don't know. While I believe, from the sparse information out there, that the 15 year old acted inappropriately, I do not believe it gave his own father a right to execute him.

This boy asked for help. He knew what he had done was inappropriate.
Even then, he did not deserve to be beaten, stripped, and murdered without any investigation of his actions. This is so sickening. I hope this "father" is charged with first degree murder -- his actions are beyond cruel and self-righteous. .

I wonder if the bio-dad was also a molester--maybe he had molested the boy at some time and didn't want anyone to find out, as they might if the kid went to therapy?

That boy asked for help. He knew what he did was wrong and his Mom was trying to get him help. I cannot imagine the guilt she must feel for confiding in his father. Bless that family.

This story seems straight out of the Old Testament, one of wrath delivered down by an angry God calling upon Abraham to sacrifice a son.

It cuts across several lines found in WS threads: molestation; murder; pedophilia and the punishment for that kind of crime, plus the shock and horror of filicide.

I never know how to start off a post when the topic leaves me stunned. As this has completely done.
I feel completely at a loss as to why this man would do this. Did he think there was no help to be offered to the boy? Was the father molested as a young child and feel as if he was saving the girl? Or was the boy himself molested and he didnt want that to come out in though whatever help was to be sought?

I noticed the mother stated to the news paper "the boy would do anything for his father'' And Me being the kind of person who reads into everything wondered why say that? Instead of He loved his dad or His dad meant the world to him..etc.
I just cant picture the amount of coldness it would take to shot your own 15 yr old son in the head and walk away like nothing. I guess I may be looking for some human motive that makes sence to me but it might really just not be there.

I was coming here to post this story as well. I had the same thoughts about the people on here who, for the most part, for reasons of their own, feel that there is no rehabilitation for sex offenders, and that they should all be killed. Would there be any remorse for this 15 year old child? Would people think he got what he deserved? Would they think the dad did what the courts won't?

As a mother of a child who was wrongly accused of such a crime, it makes me physically sick.

Unlike some 15-year-olds, who just want to know "what it feels like" to kill someone.....

All I can say.............There, but for the grace of God, go I.

If the sexual predator that assaulted my son was still in the house when everything was disclosed............ I could have EASILY done the same thing.

I am guessing the 3 year old was his daughter?

All I can say.............There, but for the grace of God, go I.

If the sexual predator that assaulted my son was still in the house when everything was disclosed............ I could have EASILY done the same thing.

I am guessing the 3 year old was his daughter?

IIRC it said the little girl was a half sibling so I wouldn't think so...

ETA: unless the little girl was NOT the mothers child, and was the bio father and a new woman's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back