17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need a link to the picture of GZ's bleeding head, or the video of the funeral director saying there were no marks on TM? The eyewitness who saw GZ on the ground beneath TM, yelling for help? The police report? I apologize, I'm not sure what it is you haven't seen?

At what point did Trayvon lose his right to self-defense? Yes, GZ was injured but we don't know how those injuries occured. IMO, with the "evidence" "we" do have, they could NOT have been caused by Trayvon pounding his head into the pavement. That kind of injury would likely look more like road rash. "Gilbreath also confirmed that Zimmerman had two lacerations on the back of his head. A picture purportedly showing blood running down the back of Zimmerman's head was published by ABC News this morning."

Could the "lacerations" have occurred when Trayvon was trying to get away from GZ? We don't know; we also don't KNOW the whole statement GZ gave LE.

"Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman repeatedly contradicted himself while being interviewed by police and provided statements inconsistent with physical evidence and witness recollections." IMO, this could mean that GZ may have done something physical to provoke Trayvon, such as try to detain him and Trayvon tried to defend himself. Trayvon had NO CLUE who GZ was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing_n_1440175.html

Been lurking and trying to keep up with info. Am a bit confused. How can there be two different versions quoted, one identifying the two on the ground (vlpate), and the other without (yours)? Which one is correct? :waitasec:

:waitasec: Well I posted the ACTUAL interview, here it is again:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

Listen to the video, read the article, no where in it does "John" say the names Zimmerman or Trayvon.

Plus the family still would have had to have been searching to get up enough equity on their homes to guarantee the bond, right? They would be responsible for the whole bond should GZ skip because the $15,000 is not refundable. Isn't that correct???? jmo

O`MARA: Yes. And I`m going to answer those questions as soon as I see all the bank records and see what he spent it on. I do know, for example, the five went to the bail bonds person. I imagine that the other 10 that is going to be due to the bail bonds person will come from that fund. I still think that is a legitimate defense fund expense.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ijvm.01.html

Thank you JBean. So, he says "that is going to be due". If you combine the two statements, the one about the parents mortgaging their house and this one, maybe the parents were waiting on a check and the bondsman had a promissory note?

Very puzzling - why wouldn't GZ just have the money taken out of the account? Perhaps only he could draw it out? Transferring the funds would take a few days, at least, so maybe the $5,000 came from viable funds in his possession. O'Mara is too ambiguous, IMO.

Sorry just need to add this from the transcripts as it is worth noting in the overall scheme of the bond payment:

>>VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. OK. I mean, listen. None of us is perfect, so I`m just trying to straighten this out.

Now, here`s another thing. You were -- were you involved at all in helping get George Zimmerman`s bond last weekend, because we understood that in court it was revealed $5,000 of that Web site money was used to get that bond, the bail, the 10 percent bail.

So wouldn`t it have been evident at that time, given that there was $5,000 used? The obvious question was, well, how much money is there, all told, since we have $5,000 to use for the bond?

O`MARA: Sure. I mean, let me answer it the way you asked it, which was I wasn`t particularly involved. I helped set up the bail bonds person.

I will tell you that the first 24 or 36 hours the Zimmerman family was very concerned about getting a bail bondsman involved because of security. I mean, literally, for the first day, they refused to, as a matter of fact. They were trying to raise the $150,000.

Now, you think that through, they were trying to raise $150,000 not using the money that was in that account, because quite honestly, if they wanted to, they could have just taken the check out of there and paid the full bond.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Can I...

O`MARA: I know from having dealt with them for 24 hours, trying to convince them use the bail bondsman. He is trustworthy. This is the way to do it. They were going to talk about getting a grandmother involved and her house.

So in my opinion, just from my view of it, not even as his advocate, it made sense that they weren`t focused on that money for the bond.<<

I saw that. I couldn't help but wonder, however, what did they consider important enough to spend the remaining $49K on? As O'Mara said, the bond fee would certainly have been a legitimate defense fund expense.

I have given this much thought too. And I find it much more terrifying that someone can call police, follow a handbook of what to tell police and go down the list on that call, stalk and murder an unarmed kid who went for candy and tea and not get arrested for it on the spot. That is terrifying. That is not at all how things are supposed to happen in this country. Wrongful persecution, I think not. May George be safe and have his day in court but remember in America it is alright to speak up when a travesty has been committed and those against killing kids are speaking up. George is in the spotlight, he put himself there and may it shine brightly.

BBM

George did this all by his lonesome. He took the law into his own hands and killed a kid. George pulled the trigger. He set off a firestorm. If only he had done the right thing and stayed in his car/truck.

If only :sigh:

:waitasec: Well I posted the ACTUAL interview, here it is again:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

Listen to the video, read the article, no where in it does "John" say the names Zimmerman or Trayvon.
I think it would be safe to say the (dead) guy on the grass was Trayvon. JMO

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1tN7uw3Qb

At what point did Trayvon lose his right to self-defense? Yes, GZ was injured but we don't know how those injuries occured. IMO, with the "evidence" "we" do have, they could NOT have been caused by Trayvon pounding his head into the pavement. That kind of injury would likely look more like road rash. "Gilbreath also confirmed that Zimmerman had two lacerations on the back of his head. A picture purportedly showing blood running down the back of Zimmerman's head was published by ABC News this morning."

Could the "lacerations" have occurred when Trayvon was trying to get away from GZ? We don't know; we also don't KNOW the whole statement GZ gave LE.

"Gilbreath testified that Zimmerman repeatedly contradicted himself while being interviewed by police and provided statements inconsistent with physical evidence and witness recollections." IMO, this could mean that GZ may have done something physical to provoke Trayvon, such as try to detain him and Trayvon tried to defend himself. Trayvon had NO CLUE who GZ was.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/20/george-zimmerman-bail-hearing_n_1440175.html

Plus GZ had no hair. How do you bang someone's head continually on the pavement when they have no hair without having injuries to your hands? I think that was the issue with no injuries to TM's hands. He would have had to have held the sides of GZ's head with his hands opening them up to injuries. Did he grab him by the ears???? The nose maybe (I think the nose would be too slippery to hold onto if he grabbed it to be honest). The story does not match the evidence. Plain and simple. jmo

I've been wanting to say something for a long time now. I think now is a good time.

I would like to thank the owners and administrators here at Websleuths for providing us with such a wonderful place to discuss many topics/cases. :woohoo:

I would like to thank all of the moderators here, because I know their job is not easy. I'm sure at times they must feel unappreciated. I want all of the moderators to know that you are appreciated for the tremendous amount of time that you spend each day to make this site a safe and friendly place to voice our opinions. :woohoo:

To all of my fellow posters. Thank you all for caring so much, it doesn't matter which case, just the fact that you are all caring people. I know there are times when we all disagree and times when we all agree. There are times when we should take a step back from our computers and cool off. (That would make the moderators job a little easier) What we all need to remember is to respect our fellow posters opinions. I've met some wonderful people at this site. I, for one, would be lost without Websleuths and have enjoyed many hours just reading. :woohoo:

From my heart that is all that I wanted to say.

I've been wanting to say something for a long time now. I think now is a good time.

I would like to thank the owners and administrators here at Websleuths for providing us with such a wonderful place to discuss many topics/cases. :woohoo:

I would like to thank all of the moderators here, because I know their job is not easy. I'm sure at times they must feel unappreciated. I want all of the moderators to know that you are appreciated for the tremendous amount of time that you spend each day to make this site a safe and friendly place to voice our opinions. :woohoo:

To all of my fellow posters. Thank you all for caring so much, it doesn't matter which case, just the fact that you are all caring people. I know there are times when we all disagree and times when we all agree. There are times when we should take a step back from our computers and cool off. (That would make the moderators job a little easier) What we all need to remember is to respect our fellow posters opinions. I've met some wonderful people at this site. I, for one, would be lost without Websleuths and have enjoyed many hours just reading. :woohoo:

That's nice Zak. The mods have really been working overtime in here and my hat is off to them as well. I just cruise in -create chaos and then am on my way.
But the admin and mods that do tend to this forum are incredible.
Of course the members are awesome and that goes without saying. The forum is what you all make it.

Thank you JBean. So, he says "that is going to be due". If you combine the two statements, the one about the parents mortgaging their house and this one, maybe the parents were waiting on a check and the bondsman had a promissory note?

Very puzzling - why wouldn't GZ just have the money taken out of the account? Perhaps only he could draw it out? Transferring the funds would take a few days, at least, so maybe the $5,000 came from viable funds in his possession. O'Mara is too ambiguous, IMO.

Transferring funds is done online now. A few days is from 20 years ago. I literally takes minutes now. I do it all the time. jmo

:hug: :)

Now if we could just get Jane straightened out!!!! lol

bbm
Yeah I concur.
It seems that the family was trying to raise the entire 150k,despite MOM telling them that they should just get a bondsman and pay 10%. Now, remember if they had paid the entire 150 and he fulfilled his court obligations- they would get that whole amount back; so their cost would be zero at the end of the day.

By using the bondsman they will never see that 15k again. So, I understand why they did not want to spend the 15k but it apparently it just wasn't practical and/or they could not or decided not to pull it together.

Personally, I think there was a lot of confusion over that account and that is part of the problem.

Plus GZ had no hair. How do you bang someone's head continually on the pavement when they have no hair without having injuries to your hands? I think that was the issue with no injuries to TM's hands. He would have had to have held the sides of GZ's head with his hands opening them up to injuries. Did he grab him by the ears???? The nose maybe (I think the nose would be too slippery to hold onto if he grabbed it to be honest). The story does not match the evidence. Plain and simple. jmo

BBM

I've asked that same question, what was he holding onto when he was supposedly bashing his head into the ground when GZ had no hair to hold on to? If he was holding on to the the sides of his heads, there would have been scrape marks on Trayvon's hands.

To respond to another one of your posts without quoting a second time, as far as what LE wrote on the police report that night regarding preventing a crime, it's really neither here nor there, they only had GZ's word to go on. And we all heard GZ's 911 call, no where in it does he ever say that Trayvon was actually committing any crime, unless walking while "looking about" is considered a crime. And I've said this before so I'm repeating myself here, there really wasn't much else that GZ could say other than it was all self defense, he certainly wasn't going to say he was guilty and he certainly knew that a dead boy could no longer dispute anything he says.

JMHO

I saw that. I couldn't help but wonder, however, what did they consider important enough to spend the remaining $49K on? As O'Mara said, the bond fee would certainly have been a legitimate defense fund expense.
I think they are trying to navigate a volatile situation and they have no idea what to do.
JMHO of course.

"John" said that a man wearing a red sweater was on bottom. Neither Trayvon nor Zimmerman were wearing a red sweater so that makes me question if "John" really was close enough to see clearly or not. Personally I feel that if "John" can not be accurate in what either was wearing then I have to look at his entire account as questionable.

MOO

LOL ~ OT
My 14 year old daughter was in the kitchen getting something to drink and saw on the fridge where I have been pulled for jury duty for next month. She came into the office and told me "Momma, those people are gonna hate you on that jury!" I asked her why and she said "Because you don't give up on anything and if you don't agree with them you will tell them so!" I think she has come to that conclussion because of my time spent on here at WS and from hearing me have "debates" with hubby over cases. LOL

I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been on a couple of juries and was well aware that my responsibilities there were somewhat different from the casual conversations/debates we have here. I had no problem deliberating in a civil and lawful manner.

"John" said that a man wearing a red sweater was on bottom. Neither Trayvon nor Zimmerman were wearing a red sweater so that makes me question if "John" really was close enough to see clearly or not. Personally I feel that if "John" can not be accurate in what either was wearing then I have to look at his entire account as questionable.

MOO
Throw in that I believe the Officer taking his statement was leading him and coaxing him on what he saw and I think his testimony is about worthless. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni