Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjaman, you have said you do not ski. I am curious as to whether or not you have any type of sports, that you seem to favor now? E.G., do you see a basketball game and feel like you should "jump in"? (Same with football, baseball, etc...?)

The same question applies in the kitchen. When someone is in there cooking, do you feel a certain urgency to "jump in" and assist them?

I'd bet that you've answered these type of questions before, I don't know anything about amnesia, but pray a part of you "shouts out" when something certain seems to introduce itself intuitively (sp?).

Thank you for being patient with the questions that have been asked of you! :blowkiss:
I would never "butt into" someone's Kitchen without their express permission. I am a couch potato-I would rather read a book than play "sports".

Well...we should plan a party right here. I will bring the cake and ice cream. You can rent the movie. :)

What kind of movies do you like? Are you one of those action type guys? Do you suffer chick flicks well? What is your favorite movie? Actor? Actress?

I would never "butt into" someone's Kitchen without their express permission. I am a couch potato-I would rather read a book than play "sports".

What types of books do you like to read? (Off the wall question and not at all pertinent.) I do believe that you will find your true identity someday (soon). When you do, do you think you would be inclined to write a book about the experiences you've had with amnesia?

I'm glad you don't "butt into" anyone's kitchen~ that sounds a little gross.:crazy:

:HappyBday :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Benjaman, wishing you a very good one! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

golf cake for bk.jpg :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Benjaman Happy birthday to you.

How old are you, How old are you?
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Happy Birthday to you.

May the dear Lord bless you
Shower graces on you,
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday,
Happy Birthday to you!

Trying to wish you Happy Birthday in Polish!

The closest saying to the English "Happy Birthday" is "Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji urodzin" as people have been saying. It literally means "(I wish you-understood)all the best from the occasion of (your-understood) birthday. This is not sung like happy birthday is- instead Poles sing "Sto Lat" (One Hundred Years). It is sung at all occasions of a specific person- such as name days, anniverseries, etc.
Source(s):

I'm Polish
-------------------------------- end of yahoo answers

Me too!

Seriously Mr Kyle, I wish whatever you wish this weekend. Whatever makes you happy, brings you peace and in whatever brings you joy. Kick back, have some jalepenos's with a candle! would that work? and just enjoy your weekend.

:birthday:

:)

Carolwood,

This may seem like a really strange question to you, but I couldn't figure it out reading the previous posts....why the reference to ALABAMA? (I have a reason for asking...)
On page 5 of this thread, post 108:
Benjaman wrote:
There is much speculation about foods that I like. I have very Catholic tastes(pun intended). Here is one recipe that I eat often. It is a very forgiving recipe, so the amounts do not matter a whole lot.
Oatmeal
Chicken base(do not use chicken bouillon)
Jalapeno peppers or Hot Sauce or red pepper flakes
Frozen Vegetables
Onion
Garlic powder
Just cook together until the oatmeal is done.
Some of you will not believe that I eat this, but I do-Just ask NB.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I had never heard of oatmeal eaten this way. So I searched for it on the internet and this site came up, so I posted it as an example of how people do eat oatmeal. Her recipe is simular to Benjaman's and she is from Alabama.

Now I have eaten rice gruel as a child, but never the oatmeal. But being from Louisiana, we eat lots of rice, medium grain, white. Most of us don't like long grain, right? Just doesn't cook well for us, lol.

Happy Birthday, Benjaman~ I hope your day was bright and cheerful. Many happy wishes to you. :)

I lit a candle for you, but instead of cake...I had a KitKat bar. ;)

Also, my hubby's side has ties to Alabama, Kansas, Florida, Texas, and Mississippi, but he doesn't every remember eating oatmeal with veggies.

Happy Belated Birthday Benjaman.
I check up on your threads often and wish you the best!

And the reason is?

I am working on a VERY loose theory that had a connection to the state of Alabama and while doing more catchup reading this morning, read the post referring to ALABAMA and just wondered if there was some other link that I had not read about yet...

Do you remember a Clancy burger? What's a clancy burger?
Just made contact with my old 're-de' guy from Indy, that I worked with for a few months back in 90'. He only remembered me when I told him who I replaced.... I did get an email to make contact... which wasn't bad for a smie luke warm cold call from someone he once worked with almost 20 years ago.

And of course the Clancy burger rolled out after I mentioned burger chef.

Said he knew a few 'old timers' in the bus. who worked with or did bus. with Clancy burgers.

I hope that helps....
Anything you can recall about Burger Chef, or any paper and plastics with the restaurant industry would help.

thanks!

Dear Web Sleuthers,
Thank you one and all for the many Birthday greetings. I very much appreciate your caring thoughts.
Thankfully yours
Benjaman Kyle

Benjamin-- I am helping my sister plan her wedding; she lives in the Denver area, and I suddenly thought of something today.

Aspen, CO hosts a huge food and wine festival every year, called the Food and Wine Classic. It is hosted by Food and Wine Magazine. It is one of the biggest food events each yr for people in the food and restaurant industry, as well as regular foodies. Many famous chefs speak and hold seminars at the three day event.

Do you ever remember going to this, and if so, do you remember any of the speakers you saw there? Also, do you like to cook yourself, and do you have any specialty dishes (other than the oatmeal LOL)

Dear Web Sleuthers,
Thank you one and all for the many Birthday greetings. I very much appreciate your caring thoughts.
Thankfully yours
Benjaman Kyle

Belated Happy Birthday.
It's nice to see you here. While I haven't been here in months, I've thought of you often. I hope this is the year that you figure it out.
I love your sense of humor.
Hang in there.

Hello, Benjaman~ Great to see you on WS!

I know you are tired of endless questions. Thanks for taking the time to answer them here.

There was a question about the surgical pin having numbers before. Was this ever addressed?
It was addressed. X-rays did not show any. If there are any they would have to remove the screw to examine it-I will not allow that to happen.

May I chime in?
I also wondered about numbers - forget it.
I was told that usually the package is numbered, not necessarily the pins.
From what I've found out from 2 of my Drs, he'd end up disfigured; and it would probably be for nothing.

The Blizzard of 1967- the greatest amount of snowfall in 24 hours in Chicago's history. 23" in 24 hours. It pretty much shut down the city for days. the NW area of Indiana would have also been affected, and was often affected by 'Lake Effect' snow. You may recall this event

Back in the early 70's we had a really bad flood in Watchung, NJ. My dad's gas station was underwater. There is a car dealer down the street, the flood was so bad, it carried cars away from the dealers lot.

we had both woolworths and walgreens sit down at the table, and a few old drugs stores with the old shake machines.... and wow were they fun.. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to sit in a Rexall style 'drug store' for a home made milk shake.

We had a store called Grants.

I have to respectfully disagree SS. My tastes in food as an adult are very very different than when I was a child. Simply because I have been exposed to a greater variety of foods I was never exposed to as a child.

I wasn't exposed to a lot of foods growing up; and as an adult, would not try a lot of the stuff you listed.

Take spaghetti sauce; I'm not Italian, it wasn't something we ate a lot of, not one of my favorite tastes as an adult. Also the cheeses that go into Italian. I can't be around Parmesan.

My parents came here in the 50's from Hungary.
I've wondered if Ben's parents were similar, where they came to the US from another country.

Thanks for stating it so nicely SS-perhaps we can also give him a pass on questions he likely has either considered or has been asked numerous times before so he doesn't feel like he is being pressured to repeat himself.

I myself do not expect Ben to answer everything.
I understand that some may be uncomfortable; or time consuming.
Perhaps even reading some and speaking to NB while he is reading may jog something that he can privately share with her; then she can follow up on it.

Sliced Jalapenos on ice cream is good-Try adding them to the Ice cream when you are making it.

You sound like us. The hotter the food the better.
My son loves Franks Hot Sauce on everything.
Jalapenos used to be me until my taste buds changed.

I grew up with Hungarian peppers. They are a yellow pepper, have a really nice, sweet, but hottish taste. My dad used to make scrambled eggs on Sunday mornings. He'd fry up bacon, then used to take bread and fry the bread in the bacon grease, then add garlic powder (or garlic salt) to the fried bread. He'd then fry up the onions & peppers, add the eggs. He'd also add bacon pieces.

My dad had a habit of dipping everything in salt. He'd have a pile of salt on his plate, dip his bread and whatever else in the salt.

Your taste buds remind me of him.

We didn't do grits, Farina was what we ate up here.

Curious, ever has an Italian hot dog? There's a family owned chain here in NJ called Jimmy Buffs. They take hot dogs, potato wedges, onion & sausage & fry it all up in the same grease. They'd then put it on a round flat bread. The Jimmy Buff's dogs are pretty huge & very greasy.

Best photos I could find here - and here - this is how they cook them Big Frier

Benjaman:
Would you allow one person at WS, perhaps believe09, to read over your
medical records? Or at least your first few days after being found?

Do you have a copy of the original police report, if there was one?
If so, would you allow believe09 or someone at WS to read it over?

If not, were you ever able to interview the policemen who responded to the 911 call that day?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member