17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
movie and the copper shot the bad guy and he clutched his stomach and yelled "You got me"-I think it was Edward G Robinson? Well, whichever, we can agree the dialogue is bad and highly unlikely to occur in reality or in most of our reality I guess...

That is why I believe GZ came up with that word all on his own, thinking it was a slam, he thought it would bolster his story.
Same thing with "you got me" I saw an old western the other day where that phrase was used. I have to say it made me giggle when I heard it :giggle:
JMO

I understand what you are saying. It makes it easier to understand gz frame of mind. Thats for sure.

I don't believe in censorship. I think everyone should have a right to say what's on their mind? I don't have to agree with it and sometimes I find it to be outright disgusting, but I'd rather know, then not know... know what I'm saying?

Im at a loss. How is it ok to say some of the things being said. im so sad. How disappointing

You know, belle3, I'm not sure why this is happening but I guess some feel that when certain information is released, or someone is discussing a certain point, that they have to come back with a negative counteroffer. Now not having much on the deceased victim, ends up as if the family had done something to deserve this....they want money, they're claiming race, they should have been stricter and kept TM in the house, they were uncaring because they failed to keep calling him 20 times that night, they went to bed thinking he was at the movies when he wasn't....and on, and on.

I guess it's a defensive response when you feel that you have to blame someone else when the information is just not to your liking or you really just want to believe your point of view is right.

But you are right, we should not have to make up things about either of the parents/families and present it as a fact because we do not know. The Martin's have lost a child, the Zimmerman's want to protect their's. jmo

movie and the copper shot the bad guy and he clutched his stomach and yelled "You got me"-I think it was Edward G Robinson? Well, whichever, we can agree the dialogue is bad and highly unlikely to occur in reality or in most of our reality I guess...

OT ! LOL ! yes, I've seen that movie with Edward G. Robinson, it was Little Ceasar ! He's one of my fav actors of that time.

I'm sure if you would ask Trayvon's parents if they would like their son back or a million dollars... they would pick their son.

ETA: <modsnip> If they just wanted money, they would quietly sue the HOA and Zimmerman. Instead they are reaching out to any and everyone to help them get Justice for their son.

:moo:

I agree. Under our system, punitive damages in a civil suit may be the ONLY form of justice available to survivors when there is a wrongful death.

If they choose to sue, TM's family will be obeying the law. That's supposed to be a good thing. The alternative would be buying a gun and going after GZ themselves. Surely we can all agree THAT would be wrong.

Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the <MODSNIP>:

TMPoliceReport2.png

UNNECESSARY KILLING......kinda sums it all up, doesn't it?

Bringing this over from the last thread (not sure I am doing it right):

Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
BBM I call bullc*ap on that statement. I have worked in schools for over 25 years, as a teacher and an administrator, suspension is a punishment for actions, it is not "for the safety of the school". You are trying to make it look like since Trayvon was suspended from school he was a threat to the school and that is just morally WRONG! jmo, imo and all that jazz

The student’s presence in school presents a physical danger to the student or others;
Your going to have to read the rules yourself.. That line is under Outdoor Suspensions.
http://ehandbooks.dadeschools.net/po...90/csc_sec.pdf

I wouldn't argue with this subject with anyone, I want to know if something was going on with this child. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
This child is dead and I want to know WHY!! THE WHOLE WHY, NOT SOMEBODIES OPINION
Interesting that you only quote that ONE line from the Dade County Schools handbook and leave off all the rest:

"A principal may suspend a student from school for one (1) to ten (10) days for
persistent disobedience and/or serious misconduct. Principals take this action
when they have exhausted informal corrective strategies, or when they have at least
considered those alternatives and rejected them as inappropriate in a given
situation.
Outdoor suspension is appropriate under the following conditions:
• The student’s presence in school presents a physical danger to the student or others;
• A “cooling off” period is needed to relieve tensions and relieve pressure; and/or
• The student and/or parent/guardian refuse an alternative to suspension.
A suspended student has the right to request and obtain make-up assignments for
the time he or she was suspended from school. It is the responsibility of the student
to request make-up work for assignments missed due a suspension.
A suspended student is entitled to be notified of the reason for suspension and an
opportunity to be heard. Parents/Guardians must be provided notice within 24
hours by U.S. mail."

jmo, imo and all that jazz

Also have to say that is the first time I have ever heard it called "Outdoor Suspension", always heard it referred to as "Out of School Suspension". Makes it sound like the student is expected to spend the entire suspension on a camping trip or something, LOL. Again jmo, imo and all that jazz

Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for <modsnip>:

TMPoliceReport2.png

Where is that, on the report? How can I find it? (Sorry to be so lame. I'm having trouble keeping up. . .)

Looks like the Officers of the Sanford Police Department who were on the scene had a plan for the <MODSNIP>:

TMPoliceReport2.png

This also caught my eye ! I'm so glad you brought it up, is that a standard form used when there is a shooting ? it looks as though LE was gonna arrest him for manslaughter, until the SA and chief had their say ? I'm confused :waitasec:

Since the 15-year-old girlfriend is being called to testify at the Grand Jury, that must mean the phone records matched up and she was telling the truth. I think that can be put to rest now? Right?

ETA: Telling the truth about being on the phone with Trayvon.

TMPoliceReport2.png

I would like to know what "unlawful act" was being prevented though? It's not against the law to walk down the street?

I would like to know what "unlawful act" was being prevented though? It's not against the law to walk down the street?

To PREVENT unlawful act. If he's dead, he can't burglarize.
UGH! Infuriating.

This also caught my eye ! I'm so glad you brought it up, is that a standard form used when there is a shooting ? it looks as though LE was gonna arrest him for manslaughter, until the SA and chief had their say ? I'm confused :waitasec:

Never seen this particular statute before. I should have cropped the entire line, but it reads: Statute #782.11, UCR 090C, Attempt/Commit - C

(BBM)

I'm sure if you would ask Trayvon's parents if they would like their son back or a million dollars... they would pick their son.

ETA: <modsnip> If they just wanted money, they would quietly sue the HOA and Zimmerman. Instead they are reaching out to any and everyone to help them get Justice for their son.

:moo:

ITA
<modsnip>

*Sigh*
I remain disgusted at those whose choose to blame and criticize and trash TM's family. It's abhorrent heartless, ignorant, cruel behavior. IMO.

I personally know I'd give anything and everything I had to give to get my murdered child back. I suspect the Martin family feels the same.

I think a huge helping of COMPASSION is in order.

I thought it was against TOS to bash the victimS here? (Note plural)

TMPoliceReport2.png

BBM..Yep, for me it does.. BTW.. Where did you find that, Sherlock?

Thanks so much. Is that section about potential charges that could be brought, pending further investigation? Or was GZ placed under arrest due to that offense, and later released? Or do we really not know?

IDK, but it seems to me that's what the Officer on the scene thought was appropriate or he wouldn't have typed it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46