Locals post your pictures here

Also does anyone have a picture of NW Brooks r.d?

No, I did not see anything closed. I did not go to the beach on the Columbia side except to drive by it on the north end of the park, past Sturgeon Lake. I am not sure they were actively looking on SI yesterday. I heard Germantown Rd on the Portland side.

There was one place that really stuck out toward the end of my trip yesterday. I want to go back with another driver who can drop me off to take photos then drive back to get me. It is frustrating that there is no pulling over to the side of the road to stop or park.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping I can talk my hiking buddy into this undoubtedly muddy excursion! Where is the place you want to go back to?

Ms Suzanne, I'm not sure where that photo is, but it sure creeps me out.

That is the east end of the Cornelius Pass Tunnel. If you go north on Cornelius Pass, you will see hairpin curves, the tunnel is near this.
From the view of the tunnel spur picture, Cornelius Pass Rd is above to your right.

Here is a picture.. they were talking on the scanner about searching that area the night Kyron went missing.
map.jpg

That is the east end of the Cornelius Pass Tunnel. If you go north on Cornelius Pass, you will see hairpin curves, the tunnel is near this.
From the view of the tunnel spur picture, Cornelius Pass Rd is above to your right.

Here is a picture.. they were talking on the scanner about searching that area the night Kyron went missing.
map.jpg
Thank you.Did they search this area?not just in the tunnel.Is this where a tip said to check?Is there another side where you come out? What does it look like?

Thank you.Did they search this area?not just in the tunnel.Is this where a tip said to check?Is there another side where you come out? What does it look like?

I cannot say for sure if they actually searched as I did not see them. The tunnel comes out near Rock Creek Rd (see map above, tunnel is striped red and white)

I didn't go too close to the tunnel, you are not supposed to trespass there =)

I cannot say for sure if they actually searched as I did not see them. The tunnel comes out near Rock Creek Rd (see map above, tunnel is striped red and white)

I didn't go too close to the tunnel, you are not supposed to trespass there =)
Thank you.Would search dogs smell his scent if he was not alive any more?Maybe he is not on Sauvie Island.I feel maybe they need to go back all around here and everywhere with cadaver dogs this time.I was interested in the other rd on NW brooks road just on a feeling.Nothing led to it.

I went out to Sauvie Island again this evening and added some photos to my photobucket if anyone is interested.

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Sauvie Island/

Awesome pictures gwenabob, and what a beautiful day to be out.. (My allergies kicked in when I was out there last week)

I'm glad you got a picture of the "clothing optional" beach -)
When we were driving past I kept craning my neck to look down those little paths to see what I could see on the beach =)

The pictures really capture the feel of the island, especially the ones on Reeder Rd with all the brush..

Just wanted to add my THANK YOU to the locals for taking the time to go take pics for the rest of us....not having ever been to Portland, or the west coast for that matter, seeing these pics really helps to picture what's going on as we follow the case (it looks like a beautiful area, I'd love to visit). So please know your time and effort is MUCH appreciated!!!
yes! what mommy2sarah said :) thank you so much!!

Kyron's Wall of Hope 7/11/2010
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRONS Wall OF Hope July2010/

Random pictures : CELL TOWER near HWY 30 and Corn Pass (NOT on SI) ,driveway off Sheltered Nook going to Horman's, Highway 30 & Corn Pass, Logie Trail etc.., Brooks Rd (just for Ms Suzanne), sign with names in front of Skyline (may be of interest.. maybe not), Fred Meyer's off Imbrie, etc..
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/Kyron Related - Random/

A few more pictures around the school and looking in the doors
http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/SKYLINE SCHOOL/

Wow. What a great job the locals have done, thank you.

I'm looking for a pix of the school's gym, inside. Any leads? TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back