TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not_my_kids,

a big, "THANK YOU" for the transcripts!! Your hard work is appreciated and noticed........

:tyou: :applause:

Let today be the day, please find Holly!!

I don't mean that she does or doesn't have a youthful or child-like appearance. I just mean that the more publicized cases that come to my mind in which a victim seems to have been taken with the purpose to keeping them for a long period of time involve victims who were children at the of the abduction. I don't think this has to do with looks. I just think it has to do with the ability (or at least the abductor's perception) of being able to brainwash the child to not run at every opportunity. Tell them that their parents don't love them, that they will kill their family if she try to run or tell anyone, etc. I seriously doubt that this tactic would work for a 20 year old and/or that even the stupidest criminal would think it would work.

This worked with Steven Stayner, Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, (I can't remember the the other boys who was held captive a long time in the Midwest I believe and found when he was 16 after a younger boy was found, I think the abductor was a pizza delivery man), Shayla ?

I am sure that there are cases of an adult woman being held for a week and somehow managing to escaped alive, but I just don't see it occurring as much with the children.

This guy could have stocked up on food and water and have her holed up in some cabin in the woods, a barn, an old deserted building, mobile home or house. This was obviously a planned abduction so he had to have been thinking about what he'd do with her when he got her.

I hope they've checked around with the stores for anyone who seemed to be stocking up on staples and water and have checked around with people from that area who own cabins or vacation homes in the woods.

Won't you think someone of that sort would have made prior advances that were spurned before he went into abduction mode? Unless he was an experience criminal who knew doing so would be a give away...

The registered sex offenders that live nearby...I wonder if their wherabouts are known or they have alibis for the time period? Also, this probably came to a lot of you before it came to me but, I was thinking how frightened the community must be to think that someone could be taken from their own home this way.

Good Morning,

Thanks for the updates on this case ! I just started reading here a couple of days ago to see if there has been any new "news" or if Holly has been found.

Can someone tell me who has the best local coverage of news in that area so I can keep up with the case ?

Thanks.

Prayers that Holly will be found soon !

4/19/2011

<respectfully snipped>

There, current up til now, so we have LE statements and family statements up to this point. I may find a few strays here and there, but that's everything I found on first pass...and it only took me 9 hours. WOW. Sadly, things aren't much clearer than they were 9 hours ago.

Hi Not My Kids -

The thanks button is not enough. That was a great service to the thread you just performed. :tyou:

Organized and logical collection of LE/family statements to date. Not only did you work for a day straight to do that, you worked overtime and overnight!

:yourock:

I'm grateful for any coverage they can get, like I am on any missing case, but I wonder why there was an Amber Alert...she is not a child, and I was not aware that Amber Alerts were issued for adults. And she is listed on NCMEC...is this because of who her cousin is, or just because she resembles a teenager?

I know I think of 20 as an adult, there are lots of women in the military who are 20, and you wouldn't expect to find them listed on missing children sites. But again, exposure is the point I guess. As long as it is across the board for all 20-yr olds.

This is from a state police manue1l

For the plan to be activated, (1) the child must be under age 18 (but older children may be considered on a case-by-case basis), (2) law enforcement officials must determine the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death, and

Won't you think someone of that sort would have made prior advances that were spurned before he went into abduction mode? Unless he was an experience criminal who knew doing so would be a give away...

Not in any of the previous cases of this have we seen prior advances to the victims, so probably not this time either...

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper kept her in the woods for weeks. The searchers were within 100 ft from her at one point. She could hear them calling her, but they didn't find her. :(

I hope that they check and double check the area looking for Holly. I have heard many, many times that the second or third time they search an area they find something.

Thanks for that. When Elizabeth Shoaf was in that underground bunker, under the plywood and leaves, she could hear the helicopters going over and could hear the sound of the searchers walking almost right on top.

The thing that saved her was getting hold of the perps. phone when he fell asleep and texting her mom. When he woke up, she had to then pretend that she was just playing a game on the phone. After that LE did a triangulation.

Let's hope that Holly was able to get to his phone.

However, the U.S. Department of Justice issues the following "guidance", which most states are said to "adhere closely to" (in the U.S.):[11]

1. Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.
2. The child must be at risk of serious injury or death.
3. There must be sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert.
4. The child must be 17 years old or younger.[12]

Many law enforcement agencies have not used #2 as a criterion, resulting in many parental abductions triggering an Amber Alert, where the child is not known or assumed to be at risk of serious injury or death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMBER_Alert

Above just a quick check of wiki. Seems these are Amber Alert "guidelines" that "most states" adhere to.

So...it seems there is some wiggle room for judgment calls by state authorities - possibly happened in this situation.

Again, good for exposure, but very frightening that her situation is this severe - and the fact that they want to use the national Amber Alert network for Holly - makes my worries grow to a national possibilities. :cow:

Do you think she was somehow able to use her phone and give LE a trajectory on her path before the perp. chucked it?

At first I thought it was a stranger, then someone she knows, now I think its someone she may have seen before but not necessarily know them...in other words, I don't have a clue...:)

LOL every day its a diff theory!!!!

She was abducted on the 13th i believe.

Do you mean the 8th? I dont think they had him in custody. JMO

...The dateline on the story was April 18 . The story references the incidents on 4/7 etc -- but states in the report on the 18th "arraigned today." Holly was abducted on 4/13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong