GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the answer to one question I raised in my earlier post, from the Telegraph, 27/12:

"During the one-mile walk home she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything, and then went to a Tesco Express store in Regent Street, Clifton."

Seems odd to me, but only because it's something I would never do myself!

I found the answer to one question I raised in my earlier post, from the Telegraph, 27/12:

"During the one-mile walk home she stopped at a Waitrose store, but did not buy anything, and then went to a Tesco Express store in Regent Street, Clifton."

Seems odd to me, but only because it's something I would never do myself!

That's a good find; if I'd read that I had forgotten it.

In education it's just not the 'done thing' to use the same gym as pupils so he'd probably never used the Clifton College gym - I think he's been retired for 10 years now so it's unlikely that he'd be using a gym at a former place of employment anyway.

jmo

TBH I find it odd he wouldn't use the gym @ Clifton College.

He's retired so would not know any of the pupils there.

He taught there for 30 years (approx) so had a deep love of the college so why not use their gym and pool?

It was local, so handy and convenient.

If he had no affection for his previous place of employment then I can understand him steering clear of it.

Guardian has a bit of something new....

Joanna Yeates: Police question drinkers in the Ram pub

the rest at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/07/joanna-yeates-police-ram-pub
Three weeks later....they decide to make enquiries at the place she last visited with friends.. oh dear....is this, maybe, 'too little...too late'? Getting really frustrated with the police now.....even friends who are officers in other parts of the country...are bemused at this 'investigation'. Personally...I don't care how long it takes to catch the guilty party but...the parents must now be wondering if the trust they so willingly placed in the police, to solve the mystery of their daughters' death...was misplaced.

C'mon L/E...get your act together...stop trying to be clever by 'leaking' odd clues...it's time to 'Put up..or Shut up'. Stop having a go at the tv/press who have given you massive coverage. If you do not know something...then be big enough to ask. I you do know something...then stop asking the public to help answer questions you have already solved.

He taught there for 30 years (approx) so had a deep love of the college so why not use their gym and pool?

If he had no affection for his previous place of employment then I can understand him steering clear of it.
I am not at all surprised that he would not use any facilities at Clifton College. He was head of english and they then brought someone else in and at that point he retired. Think this man has pride....and would probably never set foot on campus again.

Well judging by the swimming pools at both places I know which one I'd choose:
Clifton - sporty kind of pool - and we learned that CJ was no fan of 'sports':

http://www.cliftoncollegeuk.com/ccsl/sport/fitness/swimming/

...and The Filton Spirit Health Club's pool - looks more relaxing like a therapy type of pool to me:

http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/show_image/123/600

http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/clubs/bristol-filton/gallery

jmo

Edited to add:
http://www.spirithealthclubs.co.uk/clubs/bristol-filton/activities-offered

Perhaps CJ had been learning to swim there - it's one of the many activities offered.

In education it's just not the 'done thing' to use the same gym as pupils so he'd probably never used the Clifton College gym - I think he's been retired for 10 years now so it's unlikely that he'd be using a gym at a former place of employment anyway.

jmo

I don't see the gym as strange in the slightest. The things i have considered in the past when joining a gym have been:

- Price
- Does it have a sauna/steam room?
- Is there a good sized swimming pool?

Yes, proximity to where I live is important but not as important to facilities IMO.

That does make sense Luna... but she bought a Margarita pizza at Tesco's - the most common pizza topping, surely they would have that at Waitrose? And isn't Waitrose more 'up-market' than Tesco, so better pizzas? (sorry, ex-pat from UK for 15 years now, so not so sure about supermarket rankings any more!). Supermarkets usually offer better deals on booze than off-licences, so why not buy everything at Waitrose? ... unless there was a change of plan while she was on her way home, which does seem quite possible...

No, she bought a "Finest mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto pizza"..... as for the cider, I dont drink it, so not at all sure if it would be available in Waitrose or Tesco.

Having read the 'snow friends' comments i must add that i find this totally ridiculous. The fact that two grown men took photos of themselves larking about in the snow, does not lead tp them being paedophiles. In fact the mere suggestion that because they 'look gay' they are involved in a paedophile ring is totally moronic. Are we saying that in this day and age people still believe that homosexuals all have paedophile tendencies?

As a resident in the UK i can assure you that we do not receive much snowfall and on FB a large number of people posted photos of themselves and their friends making the most of this weather and building snowmen and sledging etc. To infer that these men are 'strange and odd' for sledging is a very backward way of thinking and i am appalled that people in this day and age still have these views. In the same way that people are linking CJ to paedophilia due to the fact he bought his house from a known offender. Homosexuality does not imply paedophilia.

Lots of good new posts here considering there is no new info from the investigators.

I was under the impression the police had DNA evidence.
If this was the case they should be eliminating suspects (maybe except for the boyfriend whose DNA would be everywhere).
I was basing my confidence of the case being solved on the DNA sample. DNA is a very powerful piece of forensic evidence.

IIRC there are 80 police working the case. That is a lot of people for a case that appears to be stalled.

A question about the sock. Is it normal to wear these socks 'pulled up'?
Would the sock reach the knee and if so would it come off very easily?

In the book 'A Year on The Killing Streets' it is stated three things solve crimes:

Witnesses

Physical evidence

Confessions

Without one of the first two elements there is little chance detectives will find a suspect capable of providing the third.

I fully realise it is tough going investigating this type of murder in real time and especially when there is little to work with and no crime scene.
The perpetrator got a big start on the police and the latter don't appear to be gaining ground.
Is it time for a crack murder squad to get involved?

I am not at all surprised that he would not use any facilities at Clifton College. He was head of english and they then brought someone else in and at that point he retired. Think this man has pride....and would probably never set foot on campus again.

You've got it. I live in the town in which I taught college, and I haven't set foot on campus for years based on my perceptions of unqualified faculty lurking thereabouts. I left because I wanted to; Mr Jefferies left because they'd hired his replacement, therefore doubling the disgust he must have felt for the place. It's not unusual at all.

Having read the 'snow friends' comments i must add that i find this totally ridiculous. The fact that two grown men took photos of themselves larking about in the snow, does not lead tp them being paedophiles. In fact the mere suggestion that because they 'look gay' they are involved in a paedophile ring is totally moronic. Are we saying that in this day and age people still believe that homosexuals all have paedophile tendencies?

As a resident in the UK i can assure you that we do not receive much snowfall and on FB a large number of people posted photos of themselves and their friends making the most of this weather and building snowmen and sledging etc. To infer that these men are 'strange and odd' for sledging is a very backward way of thinking and i am appalled that people in this day and age still have these views. In the same way that people are linking CJ to paedophilia due to the fact he bought his house from a known offender. Homosexuality does not imply paedophilia.

Agreed. As poster of the link in the first instance I'd like to say that there was no inference on my part that PS or LP are gay or paedos. I posted the link as I theorised that JY might have gone sledging on a whim the evening of the 17th (possibly accounting for the missing pizza heated up and taken with her in box and half drunk cider - as she had been called on by friends/neighbours and made an impromptu decision to go on a snow adventure - the kind of thing I'd do). I hope that clears that up. jmo

The Daily Mail valiantly struggles to come up with a paper-selling angle:

Revealed, the 500 registered sex offenders who lived within a few miles of Jo

More than 500 registered sex offenders live within a few miles of the home of murdered architect Joanna Yeates, it emerged last night.

Detectives are expected to interview up to 20 of the men – who all have a history of attacking women – as part of their inquiries into the 25-year-old’s death.

Although police say there is no evidence Bristol-based Miss Yeates was indecently assaulted, they have not ruled out a sexual motive for the murder.

Forensic tests which could prove she was the victim of a sex attack have been hampered because her body was frozen by the time it was discovered.

Ministry of Justice records for Avon and Somerset show there are 310 registered sex offenders in Bristol, some of whom live in three probation hostels in the city.

Within a 15-mile radius of Bristol, a further 105 registered sex offenders live in South Gloucestershire and another 109 in North Somerset.

the rest, at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-registered-sex-offenders-lived-miles-Jo.html

Agreed. As poster of the link in the first instance I'd like to say that there was no inference on my part that PS or LP are gay or paedos. I posted the link as I theorised that JY might have gone sledging on a whim the evening of the 17th (possibly accounting for the missing pizza heated up and taken with her in box and half drunk cider - as she had been called on by friends/neighbours and made an impromptu decision to go on a snow adventure - the kind of thing I'd do). I hope that clears that up. jmo

I think people are right to question the photos. They are odd. The connection to a paedo ring was not made cos some of the neighbourhood might me gay, it was made because of the school, the bachelors, the odd behaviours, and the funny things that can go on in small communities.

Not sure if this has been posted.

Did Jo buy dinner for her killer? As the Mail reconstructs her fateful final journey, an intriguing new theory

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html#ixzz1AORqwLe7

They have not explained officially why they are so sure he is in the clear, but sources say *signals picked up from his mobile phone provide *evidence he was well on his way to Sheffield when Joanna was at the Ram and could not have *doubled back surreptitiously to the flat.

Why wont they just confirm he has been eliminated then?

Looks like only The Sun will be front-paging the Yeates case in tomorrow's papers: "Jo's Last Text," the headline reads (thanks Sky News). It's not up yet on the Sun site.

I totally understand that what you said did not lead to this assumption. Sadly it was other peoples small mindedness that leapt to this sensationalism.

Not sure if this has been posted.

Did Jo buy dinner for her killer? As the Mail reconstructs her fateful final journey, an intriguing new theory

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Did-Jo-buy-dinner-killer.html#ixzz1AORqwLe7

They have not explained officially why they are so sure he is in the clear, but sources say *signals picked up from his mobile phone provide *evidence he was well on his way to Sheffield when Joanna was at the Ram and could not have *doubled back surreptitiously to the flat.

Why wont they just confirm he has been eliminated then?
Because he could have had an accomplice (though I don't believe that myself).

I didn't imply they were paedophiles and I have many gay friends and I don't make the assumption that they are gay therefore they must be paedos.

I do find two - three grown men, in their 40s and 50s sledging at night time to be very odd.

And I found one of them, Laurence Penney's comment about "abscounding" to be odd too.

I find the landlord / tenant relationship between Peter Stanley and Laurence Penney odd too - not sure many people would go sledging with their landlord.

And PS and LP aren't shy of talking to the media and PS's car has been taken for forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk