GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
See todays Sun newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3365913/Weeping-girl-tipped-off-Jo-police.html

Another tenant of what became Tabak's flat said he had never known about a blocked-off door that once connected the two flats. But he added: "There was just a thin partition wall. You could hear what was going on next door."

just supposing that this is the case then that MIGHT account for dutchman and g/f going into smaller bedroom....
jo and greg had been in situe for only a few weeks.
did the sleeping arrangements in other basement flat change once they'd moved in....j+g...

surely you wd choose to sleep in the larger bedroom.....

might it be a case of hearing everything about a girl you like the look of and following movements and LISTENING to the couple in the bedroom.

of course that wd work both ways...and greg may also be able to report hearing nighttime sounds from no44 basement flat...

it all makes for uncomfortable imaginings.....

I found it strange that there was no contact between them over the weekend and that she hadn't returned his calls/spoken, given the fact that it was their first weekend apart but more particularly because of the bad weather. It would have been a long journey to and from Sheffield and I would have thought there'd have been some contact, even if just 'glad you got there okay' and 'give me a ring as you leave Sheffield.'

She was known to be haphazard in responding to calls and texts and her family has said as much. I am very similar myself, to the constant despair of my own family and friends.

Like has been said before, four hours is quite a long time for him to report her missing if he hasn't heard from her all weekend.

There's a difference between being worried and calling the police, and it's understandable that calling the police would have been a last resort when panic set in. I have been besides myself with worry on occasion when my boyfriend hasn't been where I expected him to be, but never called the police. I think we were also told that GR called his parents when he got home, mentioning that Jo wasn't around, and his mother told him not to worry.

And then there's Bernard the cat. I don't know much about cats but was there a catflap? If not, wouldn't the litter tray have been pretty full? Wouldn't it have been obvious he hadn't been fed?

On the litter-tray, my own experience with my cat is that sometimes the tray is used a lot in a short space of time, other times not. I only need to clear my cat's tray a couple of times a week on average. GR said the cat was "going mad" - perhaps yowling for food? But again in my experience my cat will claim starvation if we're only a few hours late with food - GR may just have believed Jo had been out all day.

How come the parents knew immediately she must have been abducted and yet he didn't?

Difference between turning up at 8pm and turning up at midnight after the police have been called? Also my reading of the parents' words around them realising something was amiss was that they could just have been talking about keys/mobile etc...coming on to which....

Her keys and mobile were in the flat for goodness sake!!

Reading Greg's statement at the first appeal, it says he waited until midnight, checked her bag, realised her phone and keys were there and then called the police. My understanding is that as soon as he knew all these items were in the flat, he called the police. This to me is what makes the difference between "she's perhaps spent the day at a friend's house, I wish she'd have let me know where she is though!" and "something is seriously wrong here...".

Is it not a bit weird that she phoned someone out of the blue on the way home to meet up that evening?

No I do similar things myself.

I can relate to JY and GR a lot, as I'm a similar age, in a similar situation of living with a boyfriend that I work with, owning a cat, sporty, don't answer my phone all the time... and I've not heard anything 'odd' in any of the details of their relationship, behaviour etc. They just seem like a normal couple in their twenties who had a healthy amount of independence from each other.

Originally Posted by enqueteur
To all Bristolians out there: have there been other unsolved murders of young females in the Bristol area other than that of Glenis Carruthers?

Yes, it appears that way. Also the unsolved murder of Melanie Hall who disappeared from Bath, which is very near by. Her body was found in Black Bags on a roadside 15 years after she vanished.

Who is the sobbing woman?
She's one of many I'm sure and makes for a dramatic new Jo headline. Doubt very much she exists as an individual that tipped of the police on VT as Sun suggests.

At first I wondered whether they had had an argument before he left - but see they met for lunch so perhaps all was well.

However, like ruined detroit, I found it strange that there was no contact between them over the weekend and that she hadn't returned his calls/spoken, given the fact that it was their first weekend apart but more particularly because of the bad weather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lunch was a snatched 20 minute affair sharing a plate of cheesy chips - hardly a long good-bye!

But I agree entirely about the lack of contact over the wekend - most odd, in all the circumstances. And anyone who says it isn't odd...well, we live on different planets, obviously.

But if he'd remained in the UK, wouldn't his phone have shown his whereabouts? In which case, the police could have swooped long ago.

Unless he switched it off for weeks on end, or has several phones, etc etc - all of which would be cause for suspicion.

I am sure he went on holiday. Perhaps he left a little later then the 20th because of the back log of flights in Bristol (that is if he went by flight). I cant imagine he would lie about going on holiday. IF he didnt where has he been?

All very odd. Nothing confirmed anyway all the information is from the newspapers and I know what I think about them......

I guess I would make a hopeless detective as when I look at GR all I see is a man who has lost the woman he loved in tragic circumstances and must be going through absolute, utter hell.

Perhaps I'm just letting my heart rule my head, but even if I try to take a cold dispassionate look at the available evidence, I still don't see it. The chain of events that we would have to believe took place in order for GR to be in the frame seem so implausible that there simply must be a more probable explanation.

I know everyone just wants to see this resolved and justice for Jo and her family, but it's horrible read some of the speculation about someone who assuming he is innocent must be one of the most horribly affected by this whole thing.

Well said! I'm horrified by some of the comments on here regarding GR.

I know and I honestly agree, so I'm truly sorry if any of my comments have caused any offence here. I hope as much as anybody that GR is exonerated soon, because it's a horrible situation for him if he's innocent, and even if he's not, it would still be tragic to think that a moment's madness (because that's what it would have been IMO if it WAS him) had not only taken this vivacious young girl's life and caused so much sorrow for her family, but ended all his own hopes, dreams, future potential and freedom too.

Originally Posted by enqueteur
To all Bristolians out there: have there been other unsolved murders of young females in the Bristol area other than that of Glenis Carruthers?

Yes, it appears that way. Also the unsolved murder of Melanie Hall who disappeared from Bath, which is very near by. Her body was found in Black Bags on a roadside 15 years after she vanished.

Yes it was terrible poor Melanie Hall another one just dumped on the roadside. I used to go past that spot to work it makes me shudder.

Funny enough Melanie Hall and Joanna are very similar in looks.

I wonder if someone living in Bath is now living in Clifton 10 years on....

Those poor girls.

I think this guy will be charged though.......

Just a gut feeling.

I cant understand why he would harm this girl but I am sure the police must have something concrete on him.

Mind you if he is charged, his defence will say he had a psychotic episode he didnt mean to do it, gets done for manslaughter and will be out in 10 years anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lunch was a snatched 20 minute affair sharing a plate of cheesy chips - hardly a long good-bye!

But I agree entirely about the lack of contact over the wekend - most odd, in all the circumstances. And anyone who says it isn't odd...well, we live on different planets, obviously.

Could it simply be that he is sat there looking at all this evidence around him, and just too scared to contemplate going any further with it. Kind of it he ignores it ... then it isnt happening if that makes any sense.

He knows there is something awful happening, but he just cant cope with doing anything about it at that time...... I know what I mean sorry hope you get what I am saying.

The only way my husband can cope with the death of his father is to believe he is on a long holiday......

with Greg I think he new in his heart his girlfriend was gone, but once you get the police involved then the reality will set in and he has to face an awful truth that he might not ever see her again....

Then her parents came and took over....

Where did you read that they VT & TM occuppied the small bedroom? That seems very odd.

I just don't understand where he got the car to move the body. Surely he didn't pull her around in the snowboard bag. How could he have got the use of E's car? Did he ride his bike over to her flat & just take it?

Who is the sobbing woman?

- Read about them sharing the room somewhere on this thread
- Just thought, some of those large barrel type bags have wheels at one end, making it easier to pull them around ...

O/T I have never heard of the case of those two children in shallow graves in the park before, I might post it in the cold case forum. Dreadful

So sad. Just killed why....

When you look at the roll call of deaths it doesnt bode well for Avon and Somerset police does it......

Those poor bairns killed and dumped in shallow graves...I wonder if they cold cased it now there would be DNA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea