Long Easter Weekend Thread (Apr. 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
except that drug addicts dont usually use terms like...my pain management meds to each other....this note was found in MTR car.....drug addicts use terms like oxys ...

:twocents:

That's why I was wondering if the note was in his handwriting, or is this a note someone gave him with his instructions?

do we know for a fact that he did not work at any of those jobs you have listed...I would bet if many of his class and education were asked for a work history it would be similar... one thing stands out now like a sore thumb is that he was earning $$$..." :moo:

Well most of the jobs with the exception of: possible drug traffic are jobs that Rafferty stated he had...so do we know for a fact:
Yes we know for a fact because of BA's testimony that Rafferty did actually work at better beef in Guelph.

yes interesting the large sum of money found on him when he was arrested.
He did tell LE that he worked under the table...it will be good to finally know exactly where he worked and when.

jmo

I thought your list was of things MR claimed to be, if you're assuming that he's a mechanic because he took out the back seat to install stereo equipment, then it's not a claim made my MR, is it? It's your assumption.

I didn't mention anything about making excuses in my comment to you.

MOO

correct dilbert my assumption:what:

jmo

Well most of the jobs with the exception of: possible drug traffic are jobs that Rafferty stated he had...so do we know for a fact: BIG NO

yes interesting the large sum of money found on him when he was arrested.
He did tell LE that he worked under the table...it will be good to finally know exactly where he worked and when.

jmo

BA testified that MR worked with her at Better Beef, so I guess that shouldn't be on the list of "non existent jobs" MR stated to have had, as well as being a mechanic. I haven't read anywhere that he stated he was a mechanic.

MOO

Good article!
Scientists who ran DNA and other tests on several of the items will take the stand Tuesday, the Crown said.

A hazy picture of the man accused of killing eight-year-old Victoria Stafford began to emerge Thursday, with glimpses of a life filled with both narcotics and fitness, and an apparent love of clothes shopping.

In addition, the back seat and floor of his car were littered with six pairs of shoes and several water bottles of the same brand. More of those water bottles were found scattered in his messy but sparsely decorated bedroom.

The bottles had caps like those found in the garbage bag containing Tori's remains. McClintic testified that after the alleged sexual assault, Rafferty used water bottles from his car to clean himself.

The clothing was plentiful -- in the closet, on a bookshelf, and in shopping bags on the floor of his bedroom and in the back seat and trunk of his car. He was also carrying bags from clothing stores when he was arrested.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...afferty-home-120405/20120405/?hub=CalgaryHome

the word "could" is used in most of those tweets...am I to understand that this was tweeted on the 1st day of the trial..I think we may find out next week if any of these blood samples were mixed with TS's..until then I will remain:fence:

fence is good...so am i..but i replied to your post that you agreed it was not whitewash but rocket rice :floorlaugh: I suggest we don't know what the white is unless LE tells us...the only clue we had was the LF tweets that said it was whitewash on day 1. Although I am intrigued with the rocket rice info.

and yes Macright...I would agree that there are many 28 year olds living at home, bumming it, free ride.....but I would not agree they are well rounded individuals IMO....28! A 28 year old living at home, unemployed, joyriding all day, suckin back the oxy's...is not my idea of success or what I would want for a 28 year old. Living at home due to temporary circumstances is one thing...living the life he was leading is quite another. IMO He is not at home building character and trying to make his life better IMO. What the crown is presenting is a portrait of not a lifestyle to be proud of at 28.:twocents:

dynamic_resize

What's with that blue vest? That looks like it's from a job of some kind. Note the MYCHOL name. JMO

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19599891.html

Nothing sinister about that picture that I can see.

MR is smiling and wearing a white shirt and tie.

It looks like some kind of lights in the background.

Perhaps a picture from his ballroom dancing training? Or perhaps a singles dance, high school reunion or a conference of some kind?

It's pretty common for people who work with the public and have to wear identifying name tags to change their real name or misspell it.

BA testified that MR worked with her at Better Beef, so I guess that shouldn't be on the list of "non existent jobs" MR stated to have had, as well as being a mechanic. I haven't read anywhere that he stated he was a mechanic.

MOO

Yes we know for a fact because of BA's testimony that Rafferty did actually work at better beef in Guelph.

Rafferty did not say he was a mechanic.:seeya:

story.html

There's a peice of Tori's shirt missing as shown in the pic attached to this article... was that missing peice explained in any way? Could it possibly be the peice of grey fabric found in rear of MR's vehicle? There are some definite grey tones in the rest of the shirt. That would be some real physical evidence that would help the Crown's case.

MOO

Sounds like they are going to do the forensics on this stuff next week. Cross your fingers that they have a smoking gun. :cow::justice:

The interior of MR's car is not white-washed. It is a primer applied as a prelude to a custom interior paint job, which is typical of rice rockets. Consumers can buy special paint for the dash, consoles and doors. There is even special fabric spray paint for those who like a co-ordinated look. Having a tricked out interior is a big status symbol.

Urban Dictionary:

"a Honda Civic. a loud high-pitched, annoying japanese car that tipically has the ... ricer rice rocket rice honda civic import fart cannon fart can spoiler tuner car ... They also tend to have a huge ridiculous wing on the rear of the car. ... Often driven by spotty teenagers with their equally spotty girlfriends on the passenger seat.

Rice Rockets, usually Civics which are cheap to buy, are known for their gaudy homemade modifications.

If you Google Rice Rocket Custom Paint Interior and choose images you will find all sorts of multi-colored gaudy interiors that the Civic owners proudly show off. The same goes for the custom paint on the outside lol - all do it yourself (much like the home improvement shows so popular a few years ago LMAO)

This is a link to a rice rocket web page - shows the custom paint interior and has a bunch of guys yipping about the best way to do it:
yourself.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2519235/1992-honda-civic

From what I have read, some owners will rip out the back seats in order to either install huge speakers and/or reduce the weight in the back of the car and make it go faster.

:truce:

At least he got that part down right.:floorlaugh:

I wanted to quote from today's trial thread but it's closed and I don't know any way to bring it into this thread so I've cut and pasted. Post # 146:

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asking about gang slang found in letters; now showing an image from McClintic's facebook page

Asks about the crown as a gang sign. Not familiar to Scoyne. Derstine says EOA was on the letter, "East of Adelaide". Scoyne not famalier.

So my question is this... How could the officer not be familiar ?? below is a link to a story in the London Free Press about the police and gangs in London. It speaks of EOA. I read the article through a post here last night...

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/01/12/19237571.html

Thoughts ??

MR said that his car was a work in progress.

Anyone who has restored a vehicle knows that they look pretty ugly when they are being prepped for final painting. Body fill, sanding, primer of different colours aren't attractive, but they are necessary for a good job.

For someone with money to spend, it isn't a problem to have a car in the garage looking dumpy..........while you drive something more attractive around.

For someone who doesn't have a lot of money, they have to work away at their vehicle, while still driving it everyday.

I agree that the painted interior is probably primer. Ordinary paint wouldn't stick to the metal. It is also usual that the back seats be removed if the steel back door panels and floor are going to be repainted as well. Moving door latches, wiindow cranks, armrests etc.....are necessary to remove the plastic door panels.

As it appears in video that MR's case already had a painted white dash before he was with VS.............it don't find this information particularly revealing of anything.

Is there any valid reason, besides wanting to repaint the interior of the car, that he would apply white paint as part of a plan prior to either abducting VS or hiding the evidence?

The outside of MR's car appears somewhere in the process as well, but if all the holes are patched..........the car is only a 1000 paint job away from looking like a brand new Dodge.......er..........Honda........IMO

Why would he be hanging at Carol's? To make money dealing drugs to her entourage? JMO

That messed up woman according to him. And her daughter <modsnip> he was so afraid of so he helped dispose of a little girl. :innocent:

bbm
Rafferty was also a mechanic??:floorlaugh:
Have to add that to the list below

-Contractor
-Landscaper
-worked a better beef in Guelph
-Dance Instuctor
-was said to be in college working towards a Veterinary Assistant
-Caretaker (for his Mother) & TLM's Mother
-Possible drug traffic
-As MR stated in the LE interview, he also worked at Glen Abbey.
-And I believe he was a chef, trained at George Brown.
-working under the table
-mechanic

jmo

-Possibly a sound system installer/expert too?
-auto body repair/painter + interior design :floorlaugh:

Well didn't someone once post he did the paint job with spray cans himself on the exterior?:waitasec: So...I bet he did the inside himself too. That was probably what the sanding discs where for. Body and interior jobs. :moo:

I wanted to quote from today's trial thread but it's closed and I don't know any way to bring it into this thread so I've cut and pasted. Post # 146:

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asking about gang slang found in letters; now showing an image from McClintic's facebook page

Asks about the crown as a gang sign. Not familiar to Scoyne. Derstine says EOA was on the letter, "East of Adelaide". Scoyne not famalier.

So my question is this... How could the officer not be familiar ?? below is a link to a story in the London Free Press about the police and gangs in London. It speaks of EOA. I read the article through a post here last night...

Thoughts ??

Do homicide cops work street gangs? I'm guessing it's not his department.

Thoughts ??

I find that revelation surprising, especially when one would assume LE would meet periodically and be kept up to date by all the officers involved.

Thoughts ??

Where was Scoyne from? It's very possible he didn't know about EOA, isn't that gang specific to London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46