How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
Caylee has not been pronounced dead.
It has not been accepted as fact by a jury of Casey's peers.
And the family has not accepted it as fact at this point.

If my husband was missing, and I either truly held out a shred of hope that he was alive or was apparantly mentally unstable and unable/unwilling to accept it and a non family member had a memorial, not a vigil or prayer gathering, for my spouse you would get very unflattering video of me as well.

I think it is in poor taste at a very emotional point in the case and accomplishes nothing. It is not bringing peace to anyone. It is upsetting the family and the searchers by pouring gas on the fire. Which brings more attention, more cameras, and more interviews.
I don't give a damn about the family anymore. Which searchers is it upsetting? Not me. The family is stonewalling, the are bad people and think they are smarter than everyone. It will bring peace, and if it upsets the A's, good, it should. They know the truth and they know we know the truth. They will get theirs in the end. Caylee deserved better.

How do you feel about an informal memorial being held for Caylee? Would you attend if you could? Should the family have the ability to stop it from happening?

All I know is that I'm drained. I don't know what happened to my hopes and dreams this weekend. I think theyre buried somewhere at Blanchard Park so my memorial will be here in my Heart, where my memories of Caylee will live forever and I can come and pray daily for her little soul and add a few prayers for me and for all the new family I have come to know and love here at websleuths because of this little angel.

I am appalled that LP would do like this, but not surprised.

I don't give a damn about the family anymore. Which searchers is it upsetting? Not me. The family is stonewalling, the are bad people and think they are smarter than everyone. It will bring peace, and if it upsets the A's, good, it should. They know the truth and they know we know the truth. They will get theirs in the end. Caylee deserved better.

I agree that she deserved better. And I do think a memorial should be held, but I think the timing is wrong. It is absolutely LPs right to do so, but it is CA's right to scream about it as well. That doesn't seem like a dignified and peaceful event to me, but that is just my opinion. I think she deserves better than that.

Stuff like this is for those who are left behind. Not about the one who is gone. Normally that would just be family and friends. For those family and friends to help them morn and help with their grieving.

WE didn't know her. Were not part of her life, etc.

Sure, Freedom of speech and all that. But this tommarrow is for those who found out about her and got to know her, after she was all ready gone. Even then, folks are still going to be all over this case, not going to let go. So what is the point??

This family failed little Caylee a long time ago, and they continue to fail her, even in death. Their behavior is just despicable. I voted for the memorial without their blessing or permission.

I agree that she deserved better. And I do think a memorial should be held, but I think the timing is wrong. It is absolutely LPs right to do so, but it is CA's right to scream about it as well. That doesn't seem like a dignified and peaceful event to me, but that is just my opinion. I think she deserves better than that.

I'm in the IDK what to think catagory, but ITA, the timing is wrong. But I do feel it should happen before the next year.

memorial for CAYLEE No One else CARES enough to, actually I thought it was nice of them! Especially bonding her out was nice! Let them be able to say GB and who ever else! It's called closure for some and move on!!!!

I don't care about any of them. Caylee deserves a memorial service. It's obvious that the Anthony's are only interested in protecting Casey.

The A's don't "own" Caylee. And since they will never have a memorial for her, I think other people who have come to love Caylee should. I would definitely attend.

I do understand that the family wants us to believe that Caylee is alive, after what I saw today, I think they know Caylee is gone and are doing this to save Casey's butt. With that being said. So many people from all over the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico all over have adopted Caylee in their hearts, a lot of people put their hard efforts in the fields looking for her. I think it is only fair that we all have closer. The only people that have not looked for Caylee is the Anthonys' and I see why, because they know where she is and this is not about Caylee to them. This is about Casey.... About Casey being a good mother, About Casey being innocent. And to top it off, what has Cindy done? She is trying to close down any website, chat room that does not agree with her and Casey, she is trying to take pictures off of websites because she claims owner ship now, so no more Caylee pictures soon. She wants them back, if your not looking into space for a live Caylee your on her black list and she will come after you. So yes, I think Padilla should continue his search and memorial. If Caylee is not there, well at least that is another area that was searched, they are hard working people diving in that water and I am grateful to anyone that will try to find a child or missing person. People are forgetting, this is about Caylee, the Anthony's have changed this to Casey is innocent.

I voted I do not know because it would be really nice for Caylee if her family was a part of it, but I just do not know if that will ever happen. Its a sad day for me its my birthday and I hoped they would find her so there could be closure for everyone thats all I had wished for.

I disagree with the publicity of it, that's all.
Private, spontaneous memorials have probably already been held by people who knew her. That's what would have happened if I were not related to her, but knew her and wanted to honor her life. But it would be private.
Of course LP never met Caylee, held her, or knew her, so I question his motives.

I think he is doing it to spite casey and the anthonys

I agree, and it is the WRONG reason to have a memorial!! The Anthonys have not given up hope that Caylee is alive, and that is their right! It is in very poor taste, in my honest opinion, to throw something like this in their face at a time when they need support and understanding.

I think he is an self admitted media *advertiser censored* and this is a guarantee of coverage tomorrow, and more interview appearances. The FBI guy yesterday said he thought LP's only motivation was coverage. TM said today he was frustrated with LP and his media circus, that it was unproductive. The prosecution is asking for a gag order on this mess. None of this is helping. A search could have been conducted without all the press coverage in advance. TM says he was there with sonar previously, that didn't result in a media circus and the Anthony's on site. The whole thing is just so sad.

Did TES use their sonar on the whole 8 miles of the Econ river in Blanchard Park? no. Did they search this particular spot? If they did, why? Could it be that there is a reason this is a hot spot?

What if Caylee is never found? Are the Anthonys going to still be talking about sightings 20 yrs from now? How long do they expect the OTHER people who love Caylee, to not have closure?? They cannot sue somebody for having their own memorial. They cannot legally stop it. Whether they hate the idea or not. Whether it's a good idea or not. They just have no control over it. If I were there, I would be there to say my goodbyes.

Did TES use their sonar on the whole 8 miles of the Econ river in Blanchard Park? no. Did they search this particular spot? If they did, why? Could it be that there is a reason this is a hot spot?
Hi Cocoamom I met you. Me and Michelle were by the food tent and you were wearing ws shirt. I agree with you, the more searchers the better. Whats the harm?

I'm quite following what you're saying here, Cocoamom?

IMO, if Padilla wants to have a memorial service while he is still in Florida then I am for it 100%.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back