GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I agree.

-They had to have at the ready tools required to dismember a human.
-JL was target #2, at least. Probably more potential targets that were approached are out there.

So, if Nand's statement is accurate, S&S were looking for sex and drugs.

I just realized something, if both S&S were Bourbon St. and strip club regulars, why would they approach a stranger (Nand) to recruit for fun and ask for drugs?

Wouldn't an acquaintance be a more trustworthy source for those kinds of things? There may be some reason that I am overlooking, but this line of thought makes it appear premeditated, although their ultimate goal is hard to say.

I know, I wish they had. The whole thing is just sickening! The dismemberment is a special kind of evil. It is hard to wrap my mind around this case. It's at once calculating and premeditated....as well as shoddy and inexperienced.

BBM

I disagree. I don't think it's an accident that the body was identifiable and recovered so quickly.

Sounds more like a giant EFF YOU! than buffoonery.

So, if Nand's statement is accurate, S&S were looking for sex and drugs.

I just realized something, if both S&S were Bourbon St. and strip club regulars, why would they approach a stranger (Nand) to recruit for fun and ask for drugs?

Wouldn't an acquaintance be a more trustworthy source for those kinds of things? There may be some reason that I am overlooking, but this line of thought makes it appear premeditated, although their ultimate goal is hard to say.

Maybe their acquaintances know about their predilections.

BBM

I disagree. I don't think it's an accident that the body was identifiable and recovered so quickly.

Sounds more like a giant EFF YOU! than buffoonery.

I know, I've wondered that,too. Unless they disposed of her in haste hoping that the sharks would get her.

I remember them very well. I'm in Ontario.

I would be surprised if this guy doesn't have a long list of violent crimes that he hasn't been caught for, and his sick mind is just progressing. I wonder how many missing women cases LE are going over to see if they can tie this guy to them.

And I agree, Missgulfsouth. You have to be a certain kind of sick to be able to dismember another person.

According to a neighbor, she is the sister of Paul Sanchez.

Hurricane Party Paul Sanchez & the Rolling Road Show - YouTube

Perhaps (purely speculatative here) MAS lived for a while with her grandmother and therefore regarded her uncle Paul as a brother. It would explain how she ended up living in a house (presumably free of charge since her Sugar Daddy profile lists little to no income for her) that would've had to go through several aunts' and uncles' claims before she got it. However, if the grandmother took her in at some point, her aunts/uncles (more like brothers and sisters) may have just let her live there.

They ask Jaren if she has drugs, she says yes and wants to party with them. Jaren also has a lot of $ on her from her shift. They want drugs but don't want to pay for them, and they don't have $700. If they rob her and leave her alive she will tell. She can identify them and Speaks is already wanted. Robbery gone bad. Very, very bad. But could it honestly have ended any other way? Seems to me they sealed her fate when she agreed to go with them.

Plus, we already know that Speaks's extensive criminal past has most likely "taught" him not to leave a witness.

Shoddy and Inexperienced:
-They knew they were on camera and didn't care
-They disposed of her in the worst possible way, she washed ashore just 2 days later
-They left intact all identifying marks
-He ran when stopped by police so I don't think she was disposed of in a way that was daring police catch him

Calculating and Premeditated:
-Speaks escalation of crime
-Scoping out victims
-Using MAS as a lure
-Access to tools necessary for dismemberment
-Stab wound, facial injuries and dismemberment of Jaren

Shoddy and inexperienced:
-They disposed of her in the worst possible way, she washed ashore just 2 days later
-He ran when stopped by police so I don't think she was disposed of in a way that was daring police catch him

Calculating and Premeditated:
-Speaks escalation of crime
-Scoping out victims
-Using MAS as a lure
-Access to tools necessary for dismemberment
-Stab wound, facial injuries and dismemberment of Jaren

I think the following elements of yours could also be in the Flip Off The World Category

Could be incompetence or arrogance.

Judging by his history, I'm less likely to think incompetence.

I don't know him, maybe he's a moron.

I think the following elements of yours could also be in the Flip Off The World Category

I think you're both right. I think Speaks is experienced and calculating, but when you throw drugs into the mix, you get strange results. Hence some actions appear foolish and some calculating, e.g., why go through the trouble of dismembering a body (albeit a smart move) just to leave it identifiable and then dump the parts in a major, well-traveled waterway (river and/or gulf)?

MOO.

It can also almost be guaranteed that they had been drinking all night, and it's likely they were tweaked out on something a tad harder than alcohol to boot. Doesn't provide for an ideal "let's think hard about this and make wise decisions" scenario.

Perhaps (purely speculatative here) MAS lived for a while with her grandmother and therefore regarded her uncle Paul as a brother. It would explain how she ended up living in a house (presumably free of charge since her Sugar Daddy profile lists little to no income for her) that would've had to go through several aunts' and uncles' claims before she got it. However, if the grandmother took her in at some point, her aunts/uncles (more like brothers and sisters) may have just let her live there.

From a variety of sources, here is what I have knitted together. The grandmother, who had 11 or 12 kids owned the house. her husband had died young, in his 40's.

So she bought the house in her name after her husband died (I surmise). Then when she died in early 2005, ownership of the house was taken over by her children (it was reported that a group of brothers owned it - her sons) and they let MAS live there.

She probably claimed Paul was her brother to impress people or maybe someone misunderstood. I'm thinking she lied because that way it made her look more important, like she was somebody.

Soooo, that's what i got from all of it. I had a lot of help from bits and pieces of other info from other posters.

I think you're both right. I think Speaks is experienced and calculating, but when you throw drugs into the mix, you get strange results. Hence some actions appear foolish and some calculating, e.g., why go through the trouble of dismembering a body (albeit a smart move) just to leave it identifiable and then dump the parts in a major, well-traveled waterway (river and/or gulf)?

MOO.

I can see that.

But maybe he's just arrogant enough to want to send a message. That he's here & he's a badass.

Stupid + mean + arrogant + drugs = very bad news

IDK. Maybe he'll never tell and experts will pick him apart for years on Investigation Discovery.

I do think he was past caring who knew what he was doing. He just doesn't like jail.

"He gave a lot of aliases that tried to lead us off track, but his fingerprints were able to positively identify him," said Hancock County Chief Deputy Don Bass.
Authorities said they were able to capture the two because tips started pouring in after a surveillance video went out. It shows the couple going into Temptations strip club on Bourbon Street, where Lockhart worked. Lockhart's dismembered body washed ashore several Mississippi beaches last week. Authorities believe the three knew each other and all worked in the french quarter.
"What business transaction or personal grievance they had, we're not sure at this point," said Bass.
"All these people have in common is the Quarter. So we're hoping that with all these tapes and interviews that people from the Quarter, because it's a small close knit group, will come forward and give us some more information as well," said Adam.
Sanchez Wednesday decided to keep her right to an extradition hearing, and was taken back to the Tangipahoa Parish jail.
Meanwhile, Authorities said they're not sure where exactly Lockhart was murdered. They'll continue to investigate and they hope anyone with more information will come forward.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Two-in-cu...death-of-Bourbon-Street-dancer-158990875.html

As some people may know already I'm Jaren's "adopted" mom not the dear sweet lady that was shown so heartbroken on television even though I'm just as heartbroken. When I first stumbled across this web site in the very beginning of this nightmare some of the things being said angered and hurt me until sometime explained that it was just concerned people discussing and trying to disect the case. And then I realized it was ok for people to talk and have their opinions because it was keeping her name out there and people focused on her.

I just want to say thank you, for all the sleuthing everyone has done. And I'm glad people are finally seeing her for more than just her job description, that's all we've ever wanted. She was so much more, she always lit up the room with her smile and as y'all can see, she was deeply loved by the people who knew her best! We were not blind to her choices or lifestyle, but you can only hold their hands a little while before you have to let them fly out on their own. After that, all you can do his hope and pray! God bless everyone on this site. And if I was rude to anyone earlier on in this investigation, I truly apologize because I was lashing out through my grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson