NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Welcome-12-june: xheraldina!!!!

I am happy you joined us. Please do not be shy. We have a good group here.
We have lively discussions but everyone is respectful of others. If you need help, just ask. wm

Hello everybody!
I have been reading here for long time, but never had enough courage to post.
But Zahra’s case (besides Suzan’s) strikes me, since my girl is also 10 years old.

There are too many questions in this case, and there are no answers. Still there is one which was not raised.
Why were SM and AB awake at 5:20 am, to realize there is fire in their back yard?
Was AB going to work at that time? If yes, what were his working hours? He has stated that Zahra was usually sleeping when he comes back from work.

Please note that English is not my native language and do not be harsh on me.
:innocent:

Only a couple of things, 10yr old girls don't normally sleep till 2pm in the afternoon and allegedly she had a stomach bug according to her father which is why he only looked in on her on Friday night but he said he didn't want to wake her - you know because of everything she has been through with illness etc.

If you had a sick child - I kinda think you might check on them before 2pm in the afternoon the next day.

My husband wouldn't..... he would assume that I would take care of it and he's an excellent dad.

And I don't think Zahra's family life dictates that she had a normal schedule (no, most 10 year olds don't sleep until 2 pm) she wasn't in school and the family was/is often up late. My guess is she didn't have a real regular sleep pattern.

Hello everybody!
I have been reading here for long time, but never had enough courage to post.
But Zahra’s case (besides Suzan’s) strikes me, since my girl is also 10 years old.

There are too many questions in this case, and there are no answers. Still there is one which was not raised.
Why were SM and AB awake at 5:20 am, to realize there is fire in their back yard?
Was AB going to work at that time? If yes, what were his working hours? He has stated that Zahra was usually sleeping when he comes back from work.

Please note that English is not my native language and do not be harsh on me.
:innocent:

Welcome to WS xheraldina!!:dance:

My husband wouldn't..... he would assume that I would take care of it and he's an excellent dad.

And I don't think Zahra's family life dictates that she had a normal schedule (no, most 10 year olds don't sleep until 2 pm) she wasn't in school and the family was/is often up late. My guess is she didn't have a real regular sleep pattern.

Your husband didn't see one of his daughters through 2 rounds of cancer I'm guessing.

AB said she was sick - odd to me if he didn't check on her earlier.

CherSwitzMEKiss_welcome.gif

xheraldina and watergirl and all our new member!!!
I hope our 42 guests visiting join so you can post too!!
It's gonna be a long night I suspect!!
:waitasec:

There is one thing I'd like to note.... the whole "EB" family are a bunch of night owls. Almost all the postings on FB / MS are done in the wee hours of the morning (after midnight up to 4am) .

Having HAD to be a night owl at one point in my life (worked third shift / single mom) ... everything had to be "adjusted". My daughter would go to bed well after midnight (sometimes later) and would wake up at the same time the next day (ie; I'd put her down at 1am she'd get up at 1pm). That way when I got home at 6 am , I still had the chance to sleep for 6 hours before getting up with her. Therefore, breakfast was at one, lunch was at five, and dinner at nine.

I really think that is likely to be the case in the Baker house (at least for EB and Zahra which would explain why no one checked on her a little earlier)

Perhaps, but how old was your daughter? I can see this working for a young child, but not a ten year old. EB didnt have a night job....I know some teens will sleep 12 hours a day and some very young children, but a ten year old? Maybe you are right, but I dont think its likely. I know everyone is different, but I know there is no way my ten or eleven year old, or 8 year old for that matter are going to stay in their rooms for 12 hours without food, or the bathroom at the very least....not likely at that age is all Im saying....

Just wanted to say Welcome to all of our new members!!!

flower008.gif

Perhaps, but how old was your daughter? I can see this working for a young child, but not a ten year old. EB didnt have a night job....I know some teens will sleep 12 hours a day and some very young children, but a ten year old? Maybe you are right, but I dont think its likely. I know everyone is different, but I know there is no way my ten or eleven year old, or 8 year old for that matter are going to stay in their rooms for 12 hours without food, or the bathroom at the very least....not likely at that age is all Im saying....

My daughter is high school aged. And from the time she was and infant until now she's been happy to sleep 10-12 hours a night.

EB didn't have a night job.... she had no job. No school. Nothing to keep normal hours for. I highly suspect with drug activity suspected that Zahra was up late and slept late.

Did EB state what time Zahra went to bed?

Oh, of all things to say, who talks like that? :banghead: :furious:

I suspect the rest of the 911 call from AB is going to be very telling.
His demeanor itself if wayyyy off. It's completely inconsistent in emergency 911 calls to take time out for social graces "How YOU doin?" Not exactly what you'd expect to hear from someone after an arsonist lit your backyard on fire in the morning and you've just now discovered that your daughter is missing from your home and in "serious danger". Also, EB was more excited about the fire in the backyard than Zahra's father was about her missing! JMHO

I think I'm starting to put together a plausible version of what may have went down (just my imaginative side and my logical side trying to work together here- so be patient with me please :crazy:)

What if EB (in her normal rage) killed Zahra on Thursday or Friday? She could have been telling AB... "Try not to bother Zahra, she just went to sleep, she's had a stomach bug all day". For that reason, he doesn't check in on her, assuming EB has been taking care of her. It is even possible that EB caused Zahra to get a stomach bug (poison?) or something.

The hope was that eventually, dad would check on her, find her dead in her bed and then EB can play the part of poor grieving care taker.

However, dad didn't check on her... and by Friday, (forgive me for this one), the body is starting to have an odor. So when dad is gone (work or whatever?) EB puts Zahra's body in car and drives around to try to find place to dispose of her...and probably finds somewhere. She took the body with her because she was afraid to leave it at home unattended and risk AB coming home to find Zahra alone (not to mention dead) with EB nowhere to be found.

She leaves the house again in the wee hours of the night overnight to deposit the body in wherever suitable place she'd found earlier in the day...and this is in a separate car, which is why we now have two vehicles the cadaver dogs are hitting on.

When she gets home, she drafts the ransom note and starts the fire solely to draw attention to someone having taken Zahra... tries to set it up like the kidnapper lit the fire to draw their attention, and that the gas all over the SUV (which she put there to cover the death smell) was put there by the mean old kidnappers?

In this scenario, I still hold AB accountable because I think he KNEW EB was abusing his daughter, but perhaps didn't know the extent of it. If she was trying to hide the bruise on her hand she got from hitting Zahra's prosthetic leg (which I heard about in previous posts) from AB, then I believe he wasn't condoning the behavior 100%.

I think his strange call to 911 is explained because I think AB's hinkometer went sky high when he was looking at the ransom note, he KNEW it was ABs handwriting... but he wasn't ready to just call out his wife and say "I know this was YOU what did YOU do?"... so he calls 911, and is trying to say some unidentified person kidnapped his daughter (lines his wife is feeding him), even though he has a strong feeling his wife is involved.

All MOO of course.

The girl could have been missing two weeks before she was reported missing, police said.
Teams continued searching small, targeted areas for clues Tuesday, and detectives were keeping up a list of interviews of people who might have information about the case, Deal said.
Investigators were keeping Zahra's biological mother in Australia updated on developments, Deal said. Adam Baker, 33, has continued to cooperate with investigators, Deal said. Authorities say they have not ruled him out as a suspect in the disappearance.
"If we ask him to be here, he's showing up where we ask him to be," Deal said.
Baker said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press he wants to find Zahra and take her back to Australia if she wants to go.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25442681/detail.html

EB didn't have a night job but so far we know she was up at 2:30am and at about 5am. Did she ever make it to bed between those times? We haven't heard what she was doing when AB went to "check on that job" at 11am. Was she still sleeping? What time did he actually get up before going to check on that job? Was he up and moving about the house with EB asleep in bed and Zahra still supposedly asleep in her room?

My daughter is high school aged. And from the time she was and infant until now she's been happy to sleep 10-12 hours a night.

EB didn't have a night job.... she had no job. No school. Nothing to keep normal hours for. I highly suspect with drug activity suspected that Zahra was up late and slept late.

Did EB state what time Zahra went to bed?

No, I dont recall her saying what time, just that she was asleep the last time she checked on her (approx. 2 am?), so she was already asleep by 2 am...if we are to believe her, that is.

I think I'm starting to put together a plausible version of what may have went down (just my imaginative side and my logical side trying to work together here- so be patient with me please :crazy:)

What if EB (in her normal rage) killed Zahra on Thursday or Friday? She could have been telling AB... "Try not to bother Zahra, she just went to sleep, she's had a stomach bug all day". For that reason, he doesn't check in on her, assuming EB has been taking care of her. It is even possible that EB caused Zahra to get a stomach bug (poison?) or something.

The hope was that eventually, dad would check on her, find her dead in her bed and then EB can play the part of poor grieving care taker.

However, dad didn't check on her... and by Friday, (forgive me for this one), the body is starting to have an odor. So when dad is gone (work or whatever?) EB puts Zahra's body in car and drives around to try to find place to dispose of her...and probably finds somewhere. She took the body with her because she was afraid to leave it at home unattended and risk AB coming home to find Zahra alone (not to mention dead) with EB nowhere to be found.

She leaves the house again in the wee hours of the night overnight to deposit the body in wherever suitable place she'd found earlier in the day...and this is in a separate car, which is why we now have two vehicles the cadaver dogs are hitting on.

When she gets home, she drafts the ransom note and starts the fire solely to draw attention to someone having taken Zahra... tries to set it up like the kidnapper lit the fire to draw their attention, and that the gas all over the SUV (which she put there to cover the death smell) was put there by the mean old kidnappers?

In this scenario, I still hold AB accountable because I think he KNEW EB was abusing his daughter, but perhaps didn't know the extent of it. If she was trying to hide the bruise on her hand she got from hitting Zahra's prosthetic leg (which I heard about in previous posts) from AB, then I believe he wasn't condoning the behavior 100%.

I think his strange call to 911 is explained because I think AB's hinkometer went sky high when he was looking at the ransom note, he KNEW it was ABs handwriting... but he wasn't ready to just call out his wife and say "I know this was YOU what did YOU do?"... so he calls 911, and is trying to say some unidentified person kidnapped his daughter (lines his wife is feeding him), even though he has a strong feeling his wife is involved.

All MOO of course.

Then why didn't they "discover" Zahra missing at 5:30 when the police and everyone was there? When the ransom note was discovered, why didn't they say...well we have a daughter, I wonder if she is okay? Feign concern then go check and come out screaming "OMG! She is gone!"

Why wait all those hours? It doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks