GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But McD never did any of the things your stalker did , I don't see a parallel. At first when I heard some "personal items" were taken from some apartments, I immediately thought maybe McD stole some of Lauren's underwear , or shoes . Now we know (or think) all he stole were condoms, and they were from other's apartments. If this guy did it, and did it there, there would have to be so much blood, so much forensics, so much hair fiber, stuff on his computer, that we should already have an arrest by now.I said this a few weeks ago and feel stronger about it now as every day goes by. JMO though
Let's get real here...
Who steals "one" condom from someone, then "one" from someone else,
then still has them 2 years later?
And if so, why would bring this up or admit to it?
Why would you admit to one, then file for a bond,
then admit to another just hours later and screw up your bond?
No... there has to be more to this than is being told.

-- Inside each post box is a little red triangle. That is the Alert button. If you are offended by a post, or think a post violates "the rulez", click the red triangle. When you do, a box will open where you can type in your concern or complaint. All of the mods in this forum will be alerted, and the post will be reviewed. If warranted, action will be taken. It might or might not be obvious to you, but rest assured, your concern will be addressed.

With so many active threads on this board, mods cannot possibly read each and every posts. Your use of the Alert feature is very much appreciated.

-- Another useful feature you should all explore is the Ignore option. You can find it in the User Control Panel. If a poster consistently gets under your skin, type his/her user name in the Ignore box, and that member will become virtually invisible to you, though his/her posts will still show up when quoted in other members' posts.

If you need assistance with either of these features, please ask and a mod will be glad to help you.

-- Beyond that, we ask that you use common sense and courtesy when posting. Baiting, trolling, and posting with the intent of inciting a negatve reaction are all heavily frowned on, and in the vast majority of cases will result in the suspension of posting privileges.

Okie Dokie! :rocker:

respectfully snipped

I can't tell judge the refrigerator's height because it's angled downward. I can see it's width and depth, though, and it appears larger than an average apartment fridge.

He was arrested and has been incarcerated for a month on the burglary charges.

We don't know if blood and/or fingerprints were found on the refrigerator.

Who's talking to the judge? lol. It's clearly an upright. No it's not larger than the average apt fridges I"ve seen, do you mean DORMITORY fridge or apartment fridge?

But it was speculated from pics that it was dusted for prints, as we've seen the pic which appears to have been dusted, though I can't tell that to the judge...........either no prints were found or none could be identified I presume
Thanks

Let's get real here...
then admit to another just hours later and screw up your bond?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I concur. What IS up with all that?? Soemthing is definitely missing here and it aint those condom from apt 5 and 9

Let's get real here...
then admit to another just hours later
and screw up your bond?

Bold above added for emphasis.
I thought McDaniel admitted to both burglaries at the same time during his initial interview. MPD filed one charge then waited until just before the bond hearing to file the second charge. Or did I miss something?

Maybe they found something in his apartment that wasn't "illegal"
or had anything to do "directly" with this case,
but something so odd/freaky/personal that it really made him look suspicious?
Maybe these little charges were somewhat 'agreed' upon to keep in in jail,
and not reveal what they had found?

I think it would be pretty unlikely that Buford is part of a conspiracy to keep his own client in jail. That would be unethical and adverse to his client's best interest, which I sincerely doubt he would be doing. His only rationale for delaying the bond hearing as long as he has would be because he finds it to be strategically in the best interest of his client.

WHO KNOWS..........I'm not REAL sure WHAT they do but anything's possible with manipulation. Imagine Buford's position, it all seemed stalled to me. Not saying anyone is doing anything illegal, just stalling with legal paperwork. WHO KNOWS,

I thought McDaniel admitted to both burglaries at the same time during his initial interview. MPD filed one charge then waited until just before the bond hearing to file the second charge. Or did I miss something?

I have the same understanding, Clkwrks. And, I think it is clever lawyering by the DA to add the second burglary charge to avoid the almost certainty that SMD could make the $8,000ish bail that Magistrate Lesley set on the first burglary charge. To make an $8000 bail, most bondsmen would charge 10%, or only $800. The second charge was added intentionally to divest the magistrate of jurisdiction, kicking the issue to Superior Court and requiring that SMD await the proper day of the week for bond hearings in Superior Court (Thursdays).

Here's where I got that from:
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/162...e-mcdaniels-apartment.html#storylink=misearch
The reports, completed hours apart during the early hours of July 1 when McDaniel was arrested, say McDaniel stole a pair of condoms -- one from each of the dwellings he is suspected of entering. No other items are listed as stolen.
Does seem odd, doesn't it.

OK, I'm going to jump in with this RUMOR!!! RUMOR!!! And guess I'll get zapped if I'm out of bounds, but thinking it's ok.

I heard a RUMOR that someone reported seeing Lauren out and about town, I think at a nightspot or bar, on that Saturday night. Not earth-shattering or uncommon type of rumor in this kind of case, I know, but I've only encountered it once and just wondered had anybody else heard this.

Seems plausible -- it was Saturday night and all.

I heard the same RUMOR, that she was seen out on Saturday night by a classmate and they (I also heard RUMORED that they called the tip line to report it because it was after the time the email had been sent when they saw her) I have not heard anymore. I had also heard she was out on FRIDAY night as well, so my thought was that perhaps it was REALLY Friday when she was seen and the person saying SATURDAY just had the day of the week mixed up... AS ALWAYS...MOO I suppose either is possible, but until information is confirmed as something more than rumor or speculation, I choose to reserve judgement on any of it.

But it wasn't McD that waited until the bond hearing to admit to the second burglary. In the article you quote he had admitted to both by early morning.
That Friday by 8:36 McDaniel was arrested on one charge of burglary
it wasn't unitl 2:29 pm during his initial hearing that the second charge was added and his bond was recinded
http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html#storylink=misearch

Of course, it could be a mistake in the date that got picked up and repeated... . A little earlier, PsychoMom posted she had heard that LG was out on Friday night.... I wonder.

---just for further clarification---

There is a lot of speculation going on as to Friday Night/Saturday Night. I have contact with many students from all of the Macon colleges, including Mercer students, and from talking with all of them, many of them who knew LG or some of her circle of friends" but all the kids...they all know the bar scenes and the hang out places... It is MOO that it was Friday night going into Saturday morning (the 25th) when they had been out and that is where the reference to SATURDAY is coming in - once you get past midnight its not FRIDAY anymore to many people, but Saturday... I really do think that there is nothing more to it than that, but as I have said before...it is MOO.

A lot of people are speculating that SMD was obsessed with Lauren. Maybe even that he had a "relationship" built up in his mind. What are these speculations based on? Is there something I missed that would indicate this (other than his interview answers that he noticed things about Lauren like where she normally parked)? Sure, he seems like odd guy and Lauren was a pretty girl. I'm just wondering if that's all these speculations are based on. SMD just seems like a loner to me who probably didn't care too much about girls (or having a relationship at all). I know it's all speculation at this point, but I'm curious why a lot of posters think he could have been obsessed with Lauren.

i think a lot of people are thinking that because she was so beautiful. and they think he is a bit...strange...

A lot of people are speculating that SMD was obsessed with Lauren. Maybe even that he had a "relationship" built up in his mind. What are these speculations based on? Is there something I missed that would indicate this (other than his interview answers that he noticed things about Lauren like where she normally parked)? Sure, he seems like odd guy and Lauren was a pretty girl. I'm just wondering if that's all these speculations are based on. SMD just seems like a loner to me who probably didn't care too much about girls (or having a relationship at all). I know it's all speculation at this point, but I'm curious why a lot of posters think he could have been obsessed with Lauren.

They were not close friends, but they were regularly in contact. He also became VP of fedsoc when Lauren was the president, which required them to interact regularly for club duties. It also appears that she was at least an occasional topic of conversation for him with his mother.

Nothing concrete, obviously, but there is enough room there for the speculation that he was fixated on her to be plausible. Also McDaniel wasn't some "loner" or shut in with no friends, he has friends from law school.

The fridge is definitely bigger than most fridges I have seen in cheaper housing especially housing based around universities. I was a broke grad student forever and ever and ever and lived in at least 6-7 different places and they usually give you something that is more like a combo between a small dorm fridge and a normal-sized one. Of course, it is normal-sized for just...regular fridges. It isn't huge or anything unless you are thinking of cheaper apartments that usually house students. I am still...confused how an entire torso would fit in it whether it is normal sized, huge, or tiny. I am assuming shelves would have to be taken out??

I come back here for updates every once in awhile and hope that someone is arrested soon. I am still baffled that SM is in jail for stealing a condom. I realize legal minds have explained why that is so, but it still baffles me. Makes me regret the times I have stolen a pen from a friend's house because apparently that could get me weeks in jail under certain circumstances o_O

Giddings' Father: Police Lean Toward McDaniel as Suspect

The father of slain Mercer Law graduate Lauren Giddings says Macon police have gotten some results back from the FBI on evidence collected in the investigation of his daughter's death, and that it "shows promise."

Read more:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/breaking/article/138296/4/Giddings-Father-Police-Lean-Toward-McDaniel-as-Suspect-

I'm surprised he came out and said that. Doesn't sound like something LE would have wanted him to announce. Maybe he's getting impatient waiting on them to officially name a suspect.

---just for further clarification---

There is a lot of speculation going on as to Friday Night/Saturday Night. I have contact with many students from all of the Macon colleges, including Mercer students, and from talking with all of them, many of them who knew LG or some of her circle of friends" but all the kids...they all know the bar scenes and the hang out places... It is MOO that it was Friday night going into Saturday morning (the 25th) when they had been out and that is where the reference to SATURDAY is coming in - once you get past midnight its not FRIDAY anymore to many people, but Saturday... I really do think that there is nothing more to it than that, but as I have said before...it is MOO.

You are correct, Curcat.
It is a fact that my family member was out at the same bar in downtown Macon with LG and friends on Friday night, June 24th and past midnight on Saturday, June 25th, early AM.
My FM called LG on Saturday morning to go running, but they had all been out late on FRIDAY night. She did not answer her phone. She was sleeping in on Saturday morning and missed the run. Later, that day, Saturday, she joined some friends at a local swimming pool. Then Zaxby's at 6:30 PM. Sadly, we know part of the remainder of Saturday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie