Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, if she's there, what's taking so long in any news coming out?

I just went to the official Maddie site to see if there is any news there, that quote they have used since early on has new meaning today, "Madeleine's Fund : Leaving No Stone Unturned". :eek:

Erieee about the quote.

Don't forget about the PT style of criminal investigation. No public news about ongoing investigations. Hope they are keeeping others informed like interpol, the yard and British police--who will hopefully still be in close contact with the parents. What a living nightmare for them!

The story of the letter and today's search even made the front page of the aftenposten--norge's major paper. They haven't carried any news on this since a blurb right after the abduction.:rolleyes:

Of course, the unfolding large child abuse story here is already off the front pages-and I couldn't find it at all after just 2 days :razz:

Praying for Madeleine and family.

I forgot about those Psychics. Could be. I feel though that if they are actually over there pocking around in rocks then there has to be some valid credence to the tip.

Yup CD and Jdee....letter from Dutch psychic.....PT not taking seriously:(

.....from updated skynews link.........snippet

Local Translator Gaynor Jesus told Sky News: "For the moment Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa has told me there will be no police activity as the area pinpointed is not specific enough to justify this.
"Apparently the letter came from a medium who pinpointed the location of two murdered Belgian girls - I think this is the reason for such credibility.
"But in Portugal mediums' reports are filed away unless they have something specific police can go on - they have received hundreds reports.
"They are treating this report with extreme caution."
Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa added: "We are checking the information like we check everything in this case for importance."
Meanwhile, Madeleine's family announced that hundreds of yellow ribbons, cuddly toys and messages of support left at a memorial for Madeleine McCann are to be cleared away.

This lastest news has had my heart in my throat a couple of times.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who responded to my post about the word "grief", especially to the one that explained that the word may be used differently in Britian than it is in the states. Made me feel better overall.

Now - I was surprised when I read all the articles and the Portugese police still had not started a ground search, and now they are not going too!!!! :mad: I'm very glad I do not live there.

Can the parents organize their own search? They don't need police permission, do they? If it was me, I would already be out there. I would never have waited to see where the letter came from. It seems to me, this is one of those things you can act on immediately, especially after weeks with no new leads.

Also, I am amazed about the lack of police interaction with the woman from Morraco. What the heck is that? No one has interviewed her to this day. She finally sent in some written statement:eek:

Either the police, including Interpol, know something about this woman or they are being completely irresponsible. The whole Morraco thing has me extremely puzzled.

Time for a ground search! If I could get there, I would do it myself! I'm hoping the parents have enough family and friends still in Portugal with them, to go take a look.

Prayers for Maddie, may she come home soon!

Salem

This link says they sealed off the area, and nothing else. :banghead:

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk...ing_news_police_receive_madeleine_tip_off.php

Well - at least they are doing something! I'm hoping its because the parents are putting up a hugh fuss over the PP's lack of follow through!

I guess this means the parents wouldn't be able to conduct their own search though, so the PP better do it or I am writing to their ministry for tourism and letting them know that I will never step foot in or spend a dime in their country and I am warning everyone I know about their "police force.":mad:

Salem--this news has me jumpy too. I hope the family gets answers soon. But my wish is for Madeleine to come home safe. I am sick at the thought
of the latest developments.

PT police and their bylaws are truely unique. :silenced: :silenced: imo

I sure hope they are inviting others to participate in the search, but I fear not. :banghead: It has to be so frustrating for the family and other LE.

Well - at least they are doing something! I'm hoping its because the parents are putting up a hugh fuss over the PP's lack of follow through!

I guess this means the parents wouldn't be able to conduct their own search though, so the PP better do it or I am writing to their ministry for tourism and letting them know that I will never step foot in or spend a dime in their country and I am warning everyone I know about their "police force.":mad:

The same chief in charge of Maddie's case was just charged with beating the mother of another missing child. The Mother is in jail but the child has yet to be found:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272613983.shtml

I thought I would post this snippet from the previous linked skynews article. I thought it reflects well how this family reacts in their manner of speech and decourum--comments from great-uncle versus comments from local woman. I found it interesting.

SNIPPET

Madeleine's great uncle, Brian Kennedy, said: "We are aware that the huge response to the loss of our great-niece Madeleine has changed the appearance of Cross Green in the centre of Rothley for several weeks now.
"We would like to restore the Green to something approaching normality, whilst acknowledging the kindness shown by so many people."
Mr Kennedy said the family hoped to initially clear seats around the green and to move as many of the donated toys as possible to a good home for other children.
He said: "Madeleine's relatives are particularly concerned that this should not be seen as in any way giving up hope, that she will be found and returned to us as soon as possible, and the search for her is continuing intensively.
"However, we do not want the kind people of Rothley and our visitors to lose the use of their important space.
"All the cards and messages will be stored carefully to await the family's return and some have been sent to them already."
Pub landlady Valerie Armstrong, who arranged for well-wishers to tie yellow ribbons to railings around Cross Green monument, said the process would begin at the weekend.
She said: "It's not a negative thing, we are going to do it bit by bit.
"It's definitely not a sign of us giving up hope. It's just the practical side of it. We need to free up some of the benches. The yellow ribbons are staying."

The same chief in charge of Maddie's case was just charged with beating the mother of another missing child. The Mother is in jail but the child has yet to be found:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272613983.shtml

:doh: :doh: :banghead: What a cruel twist of events in the midst of this search!!!

Outlandish................

Makes you wonder if the local Portugese police force is involved in a "pedo" ring, doesn't it.

I can't imagine be tortured into confessing to such a horrible crime. The poor woman. It also makes it very difficult to put any faith into the conviction and makes it look as those they tortured her to confess to save their own hides. Very sad.

Makes you wonder if the local Portugese police force is involved in a "pedo" ring, doesn't it.

I can't imagine be tortured into confessing to such a horrible crime. The poor woman. It also makes it very difficult to put any faith into the conviction and makes it look as those they tortured her to confess to save their own hides. Very sad.

Wow....you bring up a good point there. Maybe some of the PT police are!

:( imoo

This whole thing has smelled bad from the very beginning. You look at the pictures of Gerry and Kate McCann in Morocco, and they are almost as far away from each other as they can get and still hold hands. Their body language says they aren't leaning on each other for moral support.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I hope Madeleine is found soon.

A Dutch newspaper has received an anonymous letter purportedly disclosing the location of Madeleine's remains. The same paper received a similar letter before regarding another murder, and the information turned out to be accurate.

Sorry. I see that my report is old news, going back to post #39. Excuse me for not looking back far enough.

so the way I am reading it... is this new lead was a tip from a psychic that in the past helped recover two missing girls... and the police are not taking it seriously? Is that right?
You know it was said back a couple of weeks ago in the paper that the criminal here could come out later posing as a psychic with valid info. I hope they at least take a look at the area. I agree with someone else here who said if it were them they would be out there looking. I would.. as bad as it could be... I would be lookin. Closure must come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj