Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crews conduct search for Brittanee Drexel in Charleston County

McCLELLANVILLE, SC (WCSC/WMBF) - More than 50 people searched a heavily wooded area in Charleston County Sunday, looking for clues in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

Search crews used horses, ATV teams and K-9 units during the search for the missing New York teen. The Myrtle Beach Police Department is handling the investigation.

Between 50-75 people were involved in Sunday's search which began at 8 a.m. near the corner of Old Georgetown Road and Rutledge Road in McClellanville.

more here - but no mention if anything found

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13546027/crews-search-for-brittanee-drexel-in-charleston-county

Crews conduct search for Brittanee Drexel in Charleston County

McCLELLANVILLE, SC (WCSC/WMBF) - More than 50 people searched a heavily wooded area in Charleston County Sunday, looking for clues in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel.

Search crews used horses, ATV teams and K-9 units during the search for the missing New York teen. The Myrtle Beach Police Department is handling the investigation.

Between 50-75 people were involved in Sunday's search which began at 8 a.m. near the corner of Old Georgetown Road and Rutledge Road in McClellanville.

more here - but no mention if anything found

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13546027/crews-search-for-brittanee-drexel-in-charleston-county

you are tooo quick!! i was just on my way here to post this.

Can any local tell how far is this area from:

ST's house
Other areas that were searched in Mcville

Wonder if this area was picked from a process of elimination or if they had a reason to go further out

It's so sad, but I don't think there is any way Brittanee would stay away from home, her mom, her friends, her boyfriend, etc. willingly. I honestly do not know how families survive a missing loved one. I've lost a sister and a brother to sudden deaths, but cannot imagine if they had instead simply vanished. At least my family has a cemetery to visit, an anniversary to light candles, etc...it must be so unbearable and take up every bit of one's energy and being.

Can any local tell how far is this area from:

ST's house
Other areas that were searched in Mcville

Wonder if this area was picked from a process of elimination or if they had a reason to go further out

Rochester,

I found this for you:

Dawn told News 13 there was an “anonymous tip from the community” that prompted the search.

It's from this link: http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/nov/21/crews-search-drexel-near-teens-last-cell-ping-ar-1118354/

:)

wow, still nothing, i talked to dawn drexel on FB few times, she seems really nice

from the best i can tell, this was the search area today. and if i'm calculating correctly, it is less than 3 miles from ST's listed address. i'm sure a local would be much better at this than me.

Attachments

• 11.21 search.jpg
    11.21 search.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 27
Your good, I had just come across the same. I'm glad to know they are getting tips still. Also, I noticed they have not said in any of these stories that nothing turned up. I'm sort of glad this was a tip, maybe that means they are in the right area.

If I knew how to map I would have posted it. But when I used google maps this area runs along the Santee and also borders the Francis Marion forest

Your good, I had just come across the same. I'm glad to know they are getting tips still. Also, I noticed they have not said in any of these stories that nothing turned up. I'm sort of glad this was a tip, maybe that means they are in the right area.

If I knew how to map I would have posted it. But when I used google maps this area runs along the Santee and also borders the Francis Marion forest

BBM.

She says it did not yield any new leads.
http://www.abcnews4.com/Global/story.asp?S=13546712

:(

In light of the news on the new search, I decided to throw together another map, to include this recently searched area. (Sorry, it is kinda sloppy)

The original searches were all coordinated and started from Pole Yard Landing, illustrated on the map.

The other pushpins on the map just illustrate some nearby areas of interest.

I drew a line on the left that represents about 10 miles, for reference.

Look how nice and neat all of these come together...

Attachments

• map_w11-2010search.jpg
    map_w11-2010search.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 50
In light of the news on the new search, I decided to throw together another map, to include this recently searched area. (Sorry, it is kinda sloppy)

The original searches were all coordinated and started from Pole Yard Landing, illustrated on the map.

The other pushpins on the map just illustrate some nearby areas of interest.

I drew a line on the left that represents about 10 miles, for reference.

Look how nice and neat all of these come together...

Yup, they very clearly have one specific area of interest and the entire area seems to be within a small radius of an address we're all familiar with. Even though they announced that the cases are not connected, I think they were either a. Bluffing or b. Saying ST had nothing to do with RM's abduction.

And when they say "no connection," I'm guessing they mean that they don't believe the same exact person is responsible for both. However, I think they believe the same group of people is responsible for both, and IMO, that means connected.

My prayers are with the searchers and LE today!

My local news this am stated the search was due to several tips received. I have been searching for the video on the site but it isn't posted yet. It is my belief that some peeps around there know 'something'. MOO wm

@mlatta, thanks for the map!

My prayers are with the searchers and LE today!

My local news this am stated the search was due to several tips received. I have been searching for the video on the site but it isn't posted yet. It is my belief that some peeps around there know 'something'. MOO wm

@mlatta, thanks for the map!

I hope they know something significant and that this is THE week. Maybe Britt will be home for Thanksgiving. :woohoo:

From this link:
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/22/1827583/search-for-missing-new-york-teen.html
it seems like they're searching again today?

And also, is it just me, or can anyone else not figure out why authorities from Tallahassee are also searching for Britt? Don't get me wrong -- the more eyes, the better -- but what's the connection here?

*edit* sorry I post so many short messages as opposed to one long one... that's just how I think, I guess.

From this link:
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/22/1827583/search-for-missing-new-york-teen.html

And also, is it just me, or can anyone else not figure out why authorities from Tallahassee are also searching for Britt? Don't get me wrong -- the more eyes, the better -- but what's the connection here?

*edit* sorry I post so many short messages as opposed to one long one... that's just how I think, I guess.

I don't see a reference to Tallahassee in this article, but is Brittanee's dad from Florida. Could he have recruited some extra help?

From this link:

My guess - the connection is with Monica C. She has connections with a lot of SAR (search and rescue) teams nationwide... There are several based out of Tallahassee, including this one, which seeams to be pretty big:

http://www.sek9sar.org/Aboutus/tabid/38/Default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member