CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was clothing found north of Orangeville the Friday night before they forund the body, it was on the news,however it was never confirmed if it was Sonia's. Could it have been and LE is keeping it quiet?

Maybe it was the perp's clothing. I have to wonder what he did with his clothes? He must have been covered in her blood, did he dump some of his clothes along the ditches? Did he dump his clothes in a trash bin somewhere near the alley where Sonia's car was found? I can't see him walking around with them on so what did he do? Did he switch vehicles back there in the alley or did he walk around with blood all over himself until he got to where he ended up going early that morning? If he had another set of clothing then for sure this was premeditated. If so, where did put his bloody clothing?

Another thing I noticed, Sonia's car has a sunroof and the back windows were down halfway in the released photos. Did the cops put the back windows down? I wonder if he left prints or blood on the inside of the sunroof glass? I still don't get him driving her car back to an area so CLOSE to her home? WHY???? Does he live nearby? Why run the risk of getting caught driving back to where he took Sonia? So many questions.

Maybe it was the perp's clothing. I have to wonder what he did with his clothes? He must have been covered in her blood, did he dump some of his clothes along the ditches? Did he dump his clothes in a trash bin somewhere near the alley where Sonia's car was found? I can't see him walking around with them on so what did he do? Did he switch vehicles back there in the alley or did he walk around with blood all over himself until he got to where he ended up going early that morning? If he had another set of clothing then for sure this was premeditated. If so, where did put his bloody clothing?

Another thing I noticed, Sonia's car has a sunroof and the back windows were down halfway in the released photos. Did the cops put the back windows down? I wonder if he left prints or blood on the inside of the sunroof glass? I still don't get him driving her car back to an area so CLOSE to her home? WHY???? Does he live nearby? Why run the risk of getting caught driving back to where he took Sonia? So many questions.

I think his bringing her car back to an area close to her home, suggests that he indeed might live nearby. He probably arrived at her house by foot, used her car to dispose of her, then drove back to town simply because he lives there.

If it was a 'planned' event he might have left his car at home to avoid contaminating it with DNA, Another possibility is that he doesn't own his own car, suggesting that he might be younger and living with his parents.

The fact that he took the risk of being caught driving around with her in the car, combined with multiple crime scenes suggest to me that it is someone who panicked, and who wasn't thinking clearly because of high anxiety.

If it were planned, he would have at least dug a grave prior to the crime where he planned to hide her etc

I agree, who has purchased Size 10/11 boots since Sonia's murder?

If LE is so sure that the perp is a local, and they didn't announce the information regarding the boots until, in all likelihood, the perp had already purchased another pair, then the new purchase may be the ultimate clue.

If LE is so sure that the perp is a local, then odds are the boots were purchased locally. Since most retail transactions (assuming the original boots were purchased new), are paid by credit card or debit card, one can hope that LE can track them that way.

It wouldn't be unrealistic to think that LE is tracking all Mark's purchases in the province, for size 10/11, also.

It may seem like searching for a needle in haystack, but at least they know what size the needle is and what it looks like.

Who says that he would have bought the same kind of boots. You would think that he would buy a different brand to not draw attention to himself and maybe scuff them up to look older.

I think his bringing her car back to an area close to her home, suggests that he indeed might live nearby. He probably arrived at her house by foot, used her car to dispose of her, then drove back to town simply because he lives there.

If it was a 'planned' event he might have left his car at home to avoid contaminating it with DNA, Another possibility is that he doesn't own his own car, suggesting that he might be younger and living with his parents.

The fact that he took the risk of being caught driving around with her in the car, combined with multiple crime scenes suggest to me that it is someone who panicked, and who wasn't thinking clearly because of high anxiety.

If it were planned, he would have at least dug a grave prior to the crime where he planned to hide her etc

Who said it was a good plan? Although it has been good enough to evade detection so far. I still say someone stricken with panic, anxiety, surprise etc. would bolt. Not only that, I drove by her place today I did not think the location lent itself to someone walking through the swamp, woods, etc behind the complex.

Who says that he would have bought the same kind of boots. You would think that he would buy a different brand to not draw attention to himself and maybe scuff them up to look older.

I agree, I doubt he would buy another MWW brand boot (or at least not the same one).

But, they would be size 10/11, they would be steeltoed workboots, and if they were purchased locally between the date of the crime and the announcement regarding the workboots, there wouldn't be THAT many records to review.

Snipping from old article:

Five hours later, the coroner confirmed the remains discovered in a tract of land that is purportedly owned by Ducks Unlimited were indeed human.

At the Orangeville townhouse complex 12 kilometres away, a private security guard was posted at the street entrance, allowing entry only to residents.

The gravel road crime scene was so extensively cordoned that it was impossible to determine precisely where the remains had been found. But Elfaz Zaban, who lives on Beech Grove, believes the remains were discovered at the edge of his 18-acre property, where it abuts with swampland. “I think it’s (at) the border between my property.’’

It’s a quiet area, he explained, though joggers often park nearby to run on the sideroad. Others dump their garbage there.

“We have a lot of people running here. It’s more safe, well, I thought it was safe.’’

Police have been working on the theory that Varaschin’s attacker dragged her out of the townhouse, possibly in blood-soaked bedding that has not yet been recovered. A beige or cream-colored fitted sheet and a comforter are missing from the home.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/857184--dimanno-a-chilling-find-but-no-end-to-family-s-wait

BBM: Upon reviewing this older article, the following things make me wonder.

-By all appearances of news pictures, the perp dragged Sonia out in bedding, presumably out the front door = RISKY. Why?

-The perp drove 12 KM to a specific spot to take Sonia. This is making the presumption that she was deceased upon being taken from her home, with no stops in between = RISKY. Why?

-The perp could have been a hunter, jogger or garbage "dumper", familiar with the end location. Odds are, if the perp was familiar with the recovery location, he did indeed have a vehicle of his own.

-If the perp had a vehicle of his own, he left it parked somewhere the night of the crime, or he lived close enough to walk.

-If the perp had a vehicle of his own, and left it parked somewhere the night of the crime, it was likely located close to the vehicle disposal location, and may have been picked up on camera.

1. The Park

Doing more review of news articles, and I came across this. I didn't realize there was a park right beside Sonia's home. :-(

The townhouse complex where she lives is geared toward young families, with a tiny children’s park just a few steps from the missing woman’s home.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...oman-may-be-linked-to-bloody-crime-scene?bn=1

2. Quitting the Newmarket Hospital

I wonder if there were issues at work? Why did she quit her job (if this report is true; edited to add another link, it IS true).

Asked about reports of Varaschin having a boyfriend who visited her home, and that she recently quit her job at a Newmarket hospital, he said “we’re not commenting on what her situation is, either at present or in the past.”

She was on staff at the Hospital for Sick Children for five years, ending in 2008. She then began work atSouthlake Hospital in Newmarket.

Southlake spokeswoman Andrea Griepsma said Varaschin left the centre about a month ago to pursue another job.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/toro...ews/torontoandgta/2010/09/01/pf-15210106.html

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/855257--missing-nurse-worked-with-epileptic-teens?bn=1

3. ScreamS and Tires Squealing

Screams and Tires Squealing? This is the first I have heard of this.

Neighbours reported hearing screams and tires squealing at her house around 3 a.m. Monday.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/08/31/15199586.html#/news/torontoandgta/2010/09/01/pf-15210106.html

Review Part 2:

1. Working Nights:

Regarding Sonia working nights, presumably this was at her Newmarket Hospital job, that she quit one month before her murder. I wonder what time the shift changes were at the Newmarket hospital???

"I didn't see her very often but the kids did. All the kids used to play down at the bottom of the hill and she used to give them candy and stuff like that," Bowering said.
Asked if she ever heard problems at Varaschin's home, Bowering said, "nothing at all. She mostly worked nights so we never ever saw her."

"I live right next door and I didn't hear anything." Said Sonia's neighbour.

Another neighbour said Varaschin usually parked her car inside the garage, which was open andempty Tuesday. She is an avid cyclist who has a bike rack on her car, the neighbour said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/08/31/15195366.html

2. The Area

The AREA????? I didn't see this before:

In a release issued Wednesday morning, police said that "based on forensic examinations of both her residence and the area where her car was located, (investigators) believe that Sonia Varaschin has met with foul play."

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100901/missing-woman-100901/20100901?hub=Toronto

3. The Tarp

There is a blue tarp hung all across Sonia's front lawn in this video, to "preserve evidence". This is to the left of the blood stained steps, and off to the side of the walkway.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100901/missing-woman-100901/20100901?hub=Toronto

4. Summer work and Blood

She worked in the summer with teenaged epileptics for Epilepsy Ontario at Summerfest Camp in nearby Longford Mills. Her duties there included helping teens enjoy a summer of arts, crafts, surfing and socializing.

Massive amounts of blood were found in her home and outside her front door. More blood was found splattered in her white Toyota Corolla, which was found abandoned with its front doors and trunk open in a laneway by a nearby parkette.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/855257--missing-nurse-worked-with-epileptic-teens?bn=1

Okay, the squealing tires thing is bugging me.

After all the things likely done at Sonia's home, putting her in the car, he squeals the tires in his haste to get away?????

Review Part 2:

1. Working Nights:

Regarding Sonia working nights, presumably this was at her Newmarket Hospital job, that she quit one month before her murder. I wonder what time the shift changes were at the Newmarket hospital???

"I didn't see her very often but the kids did. All the kids used to play down at the bottom of the hill and she used to give them candy and stuff like that," Bowering said.
Asked if she ever heard problems at Varaschin's home, Bowering said, "nothing at all. She mostly worked nights so we never ever saw her."

"I live right next door and I didn't hear anything." Said Sonia's neighbour.

Another neighbour said Varaschin usually parked her car inside the garage, which was open andempty Tuesday. She is an avid cyclist who has a bike rack on her car, the neighbour said.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/08/31/15195366.html

2. The Area

The AREA????? I didn't see this before:

In a release issued Wednesday morning, police said that "based on forensic examinations of both her residence and the area where her car was located, (investigators) believe that Sonia Varaschin has met with foul play."

3. The Tarp

There is a blue tarp hung all across Sonia's front lawn in this video, to "preserve evidence". This is to the left of the blood stained steps, and off to the side of the walkway.

4. Summer work and Blood

She worked in the summer with teenaged epileptics for Epilepsy Ontario at Summerfest Camp in nearby Longford Mills. Her duties there included helping teens enjoy a summer of arts, crafts, surfing and socializing.

Massive amounts of blood were found in her home and outside her front door. More blood was found splattered in her white Toyota Corolla, which was found abandoned with its front doors and trunk open in a laneway by a nearby parkette.

It makes sense to me that she took a job at a Mississauga pharmaceutical company. No doubt it was a day job. She worked with epileptic kids, and that involves pharmaceuticals.

Outdoorsy people often wear boots, so I do wonder if the perp is someone from the Collingwood area where she skied, or the Longford area where she spent the summer.

Did they find her bike? That could be a key.

Does anyone know if LE in Blue Mountain/Collingwood have conducted any searches there? Any other deaths/disappearances under strange circumstances up there?

I so hope this case getting resolved quickly, Too close to home and this needs to be off the streets

Has anyone heard if the body has been released to the family yet. Why would they still need the body?

Has anyone heard if the body has been released to the family yet. Why would they still need the body?

I have asked the same question in a few threads back, why keep the body so long? Why would forensics/coroner need it so long?

I wonder if she normally left her garage open or if this was another careless move on the part of Sonia's murderer?

How do we know if the perp is a man?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/09/20/15411611.html
Naked women fought on balcony

By QMI Agency

A 29-year-old Hamilton, Ont., woman has been charged with attempted murder after police were called to an apartment building where two women were fighting naked on a third-floor balcony last Monday evening.

Police broke up the fight and launched an investigation.

Karyn Dejong, 29, of Hamilton has been charged with being in a dwelling unlawfully, sexual assault and attempted murder. She appeared in court Sunday and was remanded into custody.

How do we know if the perp is a man?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/09/20/15411611.html
Naked women fought on balcony

By QMI Agency

A 29-year-old Hamilton, Ont., woman has been charged with attempted murder after police were called to an apartment building where two women were fighting naked on a third-floor balcony last Monday evening.

Police broke up the fight and launched an investigation.

Karyn Dejong, 29, of Hamilton has been charged with being in a dwelling unlawfully, sexual assault and attempted murder. She appeared in court Sunday and was remanded into custody.

Good point, we don't.

It makes sense to me that she took a job at a Mississauga pharmaceutical company. No doubt it was a day job. She worked with epileptic kids, and that involves pharmaceuticals.

Outdoorsy people often wear boots, so I do wonder if the perp is someone from the Collingwood area where she skied, or the Longford area where she spent the summer.

Did they find her bike? That could be a key.

Does anyone know if LE in Blue Mountain/Collingwood have conducted any searches there? Any other deaths/disappearances under strange circumstances up there?

I just wonder if there was a negative reason why she left the hospital (motive).

Was her bike missing? I must have missed that.

It could have been a woman that killed her, maybe a jealous one. Some women can be extremely vicious when it has to do with a man.

I wonder if she normally left her garage open or if this was another careless move on the part of Sonia's murderer?

I think the killer left the garage door open after backing out with Sonia's body in the trunk. I don't think it was careless; he just wanted to get away fast. Too many chances to be seen if he gets out to close the door after him. Although I still don't know why he took an even bigger chance taking her out the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken