Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to your daughter, you must be so very proud of her!! And you are absolutely right, there truly are monsters among us!! People really don't know how many mosters there are walking around us every day.

I pray that Sierra is found, safe. I have a terrible feeling in my tummy that she is not -and it makes me so sad. She is such a beautiful girl...:(

Thanks! I'm very proud. It's in our blood. My grandmother who was born in 1906 used to read Detective/True Crime magazines.

It's happening too often. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every morning when i log on that they'll be some bad news about her or the other missing children. The families need closure but i pray that they'll be found safe.

No it had nothing at all to do with the father. In fact the oldest when home from college lived with him . And Sierra after they moved to Morgan Hill came and stayed with him on weekends. I really wish people would get off the dad point he has been cleared as well as the B/F and the family.

I thought that maybe the mom just did not want to live near him. Nothing to do about the kids, etc. I wouldn't want to stay and deal with the kids friends and their families, etc. Doesn't really matter though.

(bbm)

This contradicts what someone upthread posted this morning or last night (I'm not sure which post because this is turning into the longest thread ever).

There was speculation that one of Rick's employees from his construction business could be a possible perp, but someone posted that Rick's job is in Fremont.

So now I'm confused because I actually think a construction worker as the perp is a viable possibility.

I know this whole thing has turned into a big game of the old telephone game. Last I heard and I live here in the Bay Area the business is in MH . Let me go off and double check would not be the 1st I ate crow.
But I have seen some many things so misstated all along during Sierra'a case.

If Sierra isn't found, no one will ever know who took her, which will just compound the tragedy of her being gone, as there won't be any resolution, or any knowledge gained to try to prevent future similar crimes. As the search leads into Easter weekend, reminds me again of Holly and how searches for her pretty much came to a halt for whatever reason, after Easter Sunday. Many of us thought it was because something important was found and that LE would be on the trail of the abductor soon...and yet a year has passed and we know nothing more about whoever took Holly or what became of her than we did a year ago. Please don't let this be the case again.

I have great sympathy with LE in missing persons cases, as what are they to do that they do not usually at least try? They have to search where the person was last seen, if they have no cell records or pings or witnesses to direct them elsewhere. Anything else is just random searching and there is always a chance of injury to searchers. In Sierra's case, with her items being found, they have to completely clear all of the surrounding areas before moving on...but moving on to where? I fear this case will soon become one of "searches with new leads only", like Kyron's and Holly's and many others. While pings and computer technology are a great blessing to LE, if they are not available for the particular missing person in a way that is helpful, LE is really not much better off than decades ago...JMO
(except of course better searching equipment and better-trained personnel, I should add)

The search for Sierra turned up the remains of that man who had been missing since 2004. That's a bad sign to me. Hopefully Sierra's name will be kept out there and the searches will continue.

I thought that maybe the mom just did not want to live near him. Nothing to do about the kids, etc.

But she spent weekends with him, didn't she? And lived with him until sometime recently? I am confused...did she live with her dad in Fremont? Or did they have 50/50? Do we know?

ocean, it is very different, at least to me. There are eight homes sprinkled in sprawling vegetable fields and tin warehouses. I wouldn't want my child left alone walking to and from the bus stop with only the field workers there. If I were Sierra, I would be looking for a ride as often as possible. This is new to her, as Fremont is not like that at all. North Morgan Hill is a very different place to live compared to the culture in the South Bay, and not exactly a place a teenager would want to be alone,despite a beautiful home. My bet is she missed Fremont terribly.

It is a shame she had to move there. I wonder why they did...as the parents still worked in Fremont. Why didn't they let Sierra continue in Fremont since Marlene drove there each day and could have taken Sierra with her?

There may be a story here we haven't heard....yet..

It wasn't new to Sierra. She had been doing this for five months. It looks like a very nice neighborhood. Has other crimes happened in Sierra's neighborhood before she went missing? Just because it is rural doesnt mean it is dangerous and anyway children have been abducted in high congested areas with lot of houses, businesses and people all around.

I am sure she did miss Fremont but it wasnt like she never went back there. From what I have read she frequently went back to spend time with her dad and friends.

Why is it a shame she had to move there? Crime can happen anywhere. Is Fremont crime free?

Maybe Marlene thought Sierra needed a change to a more tranquil life style. Maybe there were some friends that she felt wasn't good for Sierra. Maybe Sierra had been harassed by other students in Fremont about her dad being a sex offender. Kids can be awfully cruel. I saw an segment on HLN yesterday about a young girl who was bullied and she killed herself because her mother had been murdered and the kids made fun of her for not having a mother.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Marlene did what she thought was best for Sierra. She would have never guessed in a million years that someone would kidnap Sierra right out of the blue.

Marlene has to be on auto pilot by now and brain numb. Everyday she wakes up to the same nightmare. She is probably taking medication too and is trying hard to get through each day in hopes the police will find her daugher alive.

My heart breaks for Marlene and all of the people that loves Sierra......including her family......her friends back in Fremont and the students who loves her at her new school.

Caligram - I shouldn't have called out your post like that I am sorry. I did think the story was weird but should have kept that to myself. I am sorry.

Really frustrated that there is no new news. The news stations have nothing to say anymore either.

I think that is what is getting to all of us no news at all. And we are all taking the frustrations out on each other. Myself I have thought of doing what I did in the Laci Peterson case and step away till there is something new. Because all we all have Benny doing is rehashing the hash.
Maybe speaking of Laci the same thing will happen here and Sierra will be found. I mean it was Good Friday when Laci was discovered. Of course this time I want Sierra found alive. I am going to be there Saturday to help search.

...hmmm. Thanks for the PICS....they are very interesting to me.

I thought that maybe the mom just did not want to live near him. Nothing to do about the kids, etc. I wouldn't want to stay and deal with the kids friends and their families, etc. Doesn't really matter though.

No it doesnt matter. Marlene had custody of Sierra and she would move where her mother moved to. Steve must not have had a problem with it or maybe she has full custody of Sierra since Steve was charged and convicted?

Iirc, she did say she moved for 'personal reasons.'

In October, Sierra, her mother and her mother's boyfriend, Rick Gardiner, who is in the construction business, moved from Fremont to a rented ranch-style house on Paquito Espana Court in Morgan Hill, a rural cul-de-sac surrounded by farm fields.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_20223646/father-missing-morgan-hill-girl-asks-public-focus

I think they both commute back to Fremont to work.

Iirc, I saw a site that had his business license info and it was in Fremont and he has been in business there since 1994.

IMO

No it doesnt matter. Marlene had custody of Sierra and she would move where her mother moved to. Steve must not have had a problem with it or maybe she has full custody of Sierra since Steve was charged and convicted?

Iirc, she did say she moved for 'personal reasons.'

I think there are reasons that we don't know about of why Sierra was taken out of High School in Fremont. As stated, her mother worked there each day and Sierra could have continued in the Fremont High School. She was removed mid-semester which is unusual.

I think there are reasons that we don't know about of why Sierra was taken out of High School in Fremont. As stated, her mother worked there each day and Sierra could have continued in the Fremont High School. She was removed mid-semester which is unusual.

I wish I could find the video I saw last night. The reporter stated Sierra started the school year in MH.

School had not been in session that long.

I still think Marlene moved because it was best for them all including Sierra.

When I was 15 we moved in December but it didnt take me long at all to make new friends and I still have a lot of those friends and friends I had from my old school. We didnt move a great distance where I would never be able to see my old high school friends again.

imo

I have the school year in Morgan Hill starting August 18 but perhaps her high school changed the date or is in a different district.

Generally speaking kids in public school need to attend in the district where they live. I feel bad for any highschooler who has to relocate during hs... its already so hard. As for moving to MH from Fremont, its not a huge deal as far as job commutes are concerned, around here.

I totally agree about the embarrassment part. On these high profile cases we always see the media and public digging up something that would be embarrassing to the family. I find it quite cruel to do to the family unless it is used to serve a useful purpose in the investigation. If it continues to just be gossiped about after that it's wrong.

Kids can have online accounts that parents don't know about. It is so easy to do. Parents can hover over them and spend all day long trying to protect them but bad things can and do still happen. I doubt with all the hours her mother worked that she spent all her free time digging back through Sierra's Facebook, twitter and texts reading things. Yes, some parents might do this (usually if they have a lot of time on their hands) but is it really psychologically healthy? IMO no! The best thing a parent can do is have open communication and teach their children to be safe and then hope that as teenagers they make good choices. A teen will find a way around restrictions that are imposed on them if they want to. Seriously, how far can parents go with this? I feel like the next thing I am going to read is my daughter is 40 and I still walk around holding her hand everywhere she goes!

Sierra's mother is on national television, her daughter is missing and she knows she most likely is dead and LE has instructed her not to say to much so she has to think about her answers. This mother is in shock and despair, let's please not judge the fact that she is nervous. She may be looking to the side because she doesn't know how or what she can say and is trying to get feedback from someone else.

JMO
Thank you button is not enough!
Two points I think I hear from you is:
1 Guide, teach, support your child...then show faith in them to make decisions and be there to help when the decions are not so great...all done with unconditional love
2 this poor mother is in a spotlight she never chose, and under the worst conditions ever
If she needs pointed questions asked of her...let LE ask those questions. We have not seen her lawyer up and stop talking.

The search for Sierra turned up the remains of that man who had been missing since 2004. That's a bad sign to me. Hopefully Sierra's name will be kept out there and the searches will continue.
I'm not sure who this is, can we get a link? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member