Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you can get out of IRS debt, and this might be one of those times. I'll have to check on the relevant dates when I get a minute.

As for fines relating to criminal activity, I would think those would not be dischargeable.

Here is what I do not understand:

The notice of the IRS lien was filed in county court (I cannot remember the date) but it listed a final date for "filing" as the year 2020. What does that mean? If she had not actually filed a tax return certainly the IRS would not give her that long to file it. Given that it is something like 10 years out from the original lien file date (IIRC) does that mean the lien already filed by the IRS is good until the year 2020? I have never seen anything like that before; most liens have to be perfected after a certain amount of time has passed and usually the IRS will just keep refiling with the county court in order to reserve their right to collect at a time when the delinquent taxpayer can actually pay. That's what I thought was going on with this, until this bankruptcy filing and all the talk here of three years having passed so now the tax debt may be dischargeable.

Does anyone know if that year 2020 notation on the original lien filing would be sufficient for the IRS to show good faith effort to collect? If not, what could that last date to file in the year 2020 mean?

Oh well, Hopesprings eternal! If I was her parents, I would emigrate and leave no forwarding address, but they are so enmeshed and dysfunctional that none of them would survive without the other. Madam Casey reigns supreme.

Right! She was taking online classes. Well, she should have been. Why aren't CA and GA paying for her to get her GED? And it's just a matter of time til she's back at Hopespring Dr IMO.

My guess for why none of the people who claim to care about Casey are pushing her to do something toward a productive life is that she does not want to make an effort to do anything. And if Casey doesn't want to do something no one is going to push her to do it...not even for her own good.

Everyone who has and continues to give this woman a free ride is enabling her to keep on taking and never give a thing in return.

Embarrassed to admit I am watching Jose on doctor (little d intended) Drew...he is a poser next to Marcia Clark as far as speaking legalese... But bless his heart he is trying (cuz he is wearing his big W on his chest)

Sorry if I am getting too off topic. I know nothing about Florida Law (except what I have learned here) and know nothing about BK.
Despite not posting often, I did follow this case at the time, so I am familiar with the relevant players because you all keep me up to date!
Many thanks.

Embarrassed to admit I am watching Jose on doctor (little d intended) Drew...he is a poser next to Marcia Clark as far as speaking legalese... But bless his heart he is trying (cuz he is wearing his big W on his chest)

Big W?

ETA: Oh, a pocket square? :lol:

He was on Jane. Still claims fca and crew aren't after future money. Blah blab blah:floorlaugh:

I just turned the TV on to see what Nancy G's show was about and caught the last seconds of him talking to JVM. If he isn't Casey's publicist he sure sounds like it - "everyone thinks she's out to make money from this and
that's just not the case"- he's trying to rebrand her as squeaky clean. I'm glad I didn't see any more than that.
Please... gag me. That's a journalist?

I have my own theories about young Jose, I think he might be a cunning little chap with some bits of narcissism going on too. It's likely he doesn't even see Casey's.

My guess for why none of the people who claim to care about Casey are pushing her to do something toward a productive life is that she does not want to make an effort to do anything. And if Casey doesn't want to do something no one is going to push her to do it...not even for her own good.

Everyone who has and continues to give this woman a free ride is enabling her to keep on taking and never give a thing in return.

Maybe they don't want anyone else getting a piece of the pie they think is coming. There are a million producers out there who could negotiate an interview deal for OCA - if these folks have been paying her way since July 2011, I'll assume they'll want a return on their investment.

I hope that she sticks it to all of them, and cuts them out by working with someone else, and then when OCA goes to cash the check...she hears - not so fast Ms. I owe the IRS and OCSA.

It should be a GED prep book so she can finally finish high school, get into some trade school program, get a REAL JOB, pay taxes like the rest of us, have to budget & sacrifice, etc.

ETA: All this talk of her becoming a paralegal. Admission into a paralegal program requires a high school diploma or equivalency (GED). She couldn't be bothered to do that while in jail with nothing to do, alone in her cell for hours. She won't do it now that she's free and can tan, go out to eat, etc. It's too much work and she hates anything that takes work.

I'd imagine you actually have to have some intellect, intelligence and work ethic. If you can't complete it in 10 minutes, I don't think she'd be interested. She wants the trophy not the race.

I wonder if her bankruptcy attorneys/unethical dual-relationship-pursuers realize that over there on team Casey.

Maybe they don't want anyone else getting a piece of the pie they think is coming. There are a million producers out there who could negotiate an interview deal for OCA - if these folks have been paying her way since July 2011, I'll assume they'll want a return on their investment.

I hope that she sticks it to all of them, and cuts them out by working with someone else, and then when OCA goes to cash the check...she hears - not so fast Ms. I owe the IRS and OCSA.

There may be a million who could...but there are not a million who would. Surely some producers do have morals and would not touch her with a ten-foot pole.

I believe the rumors of her being at Ocean Woods to be 100% false. I am in Ocean Woods twice a day for over an hour each visit, have been so for at least two years, and know a great number of the residents there, especially those with pets.

Ocean Woods is a very tight knitt community, where pretty much every one knows everyone else. There are houses, townhouses, condo's and apartments in the community. It is a gated community with two ways in and out, one main road (about a mile long) with short streets branching off of it. It has two pools, one for all ages, one for adults over 21 only, and a community center.

The only time I have seen any media presence there was when some one was shooting some of the many peacocks that live there. There also was Brevard County Sheriff there at that time, and this all appened April 2012. I would assume if Casey Anthony was living there, some media would stake the place out.

All of the residents that I have asked if Casey Anthony lives there tell me she does not, it's the funniest thing they have ever heard.

This is a link to a photobucket album of pis of Ocean Woods I have taken.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/rossva_photos/ocean woods/

I asked SH about it on 1/11 and he said he hadn't heard anything about her living in Cape Canaveral.

I don't believe rumors easily and know anyone can say they are anyone on social media.

I'd imagine you actually have to have some intellect, intelligence and work ethic. If you can't complete it in 10 minutes, I don't think she'd be interested. She wants the trophy not the race.

I wonder if her bankruptcy attorneys/unethical dual-relationship-pursuers realize that over there on team Casey.

How could they ever let a felon with her record of thefts over YEARS have access to unsuspecting clients financial and personal information? They might as well just give her the keys to the safe, she will be ALL over that.

There may be a million who could...but there are not a million who would. Surely some producers do have morals and would not touch her with a ten-foot pole.

I hear ya - but it only takes one in a million to get the interview....

Do you think that many people would actually care about what she has to say?
Most people are very aware of her 'story'.
I just think she is a bit yesterday's news, until the civil trial begins anyway. I just can't see any big production coming down the line when it has been done to death, and people have formed their opinions already. The best she can hope for is some sensational new news, like a wedding or a baby (heaven forbid). :notgood:

I hear ya - but it only takes one in a million to get the interview....

Yep. But then what? What does she do to keep the cash coming in for the rest of her life? One interview is not going to support her and the remora fastened to her forever.

I still remember Cindy crying on the stand and questioning that performance :banghead:

I KNEW when she came into court with greasy dirty hair, it was for a performance...

I believe the rumors of her being at Ocean Woods to be 100% false. I am in Ocean Woods twice a day for over an hour each visit, have been so for at least two years, and know a great number of the residents there, especially those with pets.

Ocean Woods is a very tight knitt community, where pretty much every one knows everyone else. There are houses, townhouses, condo's and apartments in the community. It is a gated community with two ways in and out, one main road (about a mile long) with short streets branching off of it. It has two pools, one for all ages, one for adults over 21 only, and a community center.

The only time I have seen any media presence there was when some one was shooting some of the many peacocks that live there. There also was Brevard County Sheriff there at that time, and this all appened April 2012. I would assume if Casey Anthony was living there, some media would stake the place out.

All of the residents that I have asked if Casey Anthony lives there tell me she does not, it's the funniest thing they have ever heard.

This is a link to a photobucket album of pis of Ocean Woods I have taken.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/rossva_photos/ocean woods/

I don't know who lives at the end of my street, so those residents comments don't mean much to me. Most people don't - they go in and out of their residences by the garage and apart from immediate neighbors we don't know who is living by us. Ocean Woods is largely short term rental, vacationers and snowbirds from what I have read, with some permanent owners, which increases the chance she could be there unknown to others.

We agree 100% on that.

I agree
The picture is not an indication of where she is living.

That is not the Atlantic Ocean behind her..IF she is in Brevard county it's either the Banana River or Indian River Lagoon..

The dock and the plastic Adirondack patio chair indicates to me it's someone's home/backyard

Unless they carted that chair in a pick up truck and placed in along a river or lake shore park in order to take that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member