Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only taking on pages and pages of deaths on ancestry wasn't a huge task... We could try to figure out male deaths around the date for Belgian communities in the US. It's been suggested before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no life. I can sift through stuff. I don't know how on ancestry though.

Poky what girl did you mention, Ballard? I will have to figure out a way to access news paper articles or the like to see how she died. It could be worth sorting thru. Did anyone search the courts where Shirley is from to see if she has a criminal history (though idk if it would be available -- I don't know that there are any charges before 2000 listed online). I just have to think IF Shirley DID hit a kid with her car, there would be a newspaper article somewhere -- IF it is SS and if she did pick PV to off herself over guilt of hitting a kid. I'll see what I can find on BRB's end..

I can usually find anything online (I did work for the government writing parole plans, I HAD to find all their dirty laundry but it was easy there) , I just don't know where to start.

Post #163 in this thread, from February 2011, says that JD's DNA tests are not complete. More than 3 years? I wonder if someone failed to update the page or if JD's sample is too degraded to use.

The victim's Namus page
https://identifyus.org/cases/6279

The only one in the rule out list is Iva Foss. Namus says DNA samples exist but the tests are not complete so apparently there are no Codis ruleouts by default.

Poky what girl did you mention, Ballard? I will have to figure out a way to access news paper articles or the like to see how she died. It could be worth sorting thru. Did anyone search the courts where Shirley is from to see if she has a criminal history (though idk if it would be available -- I don't know that there are any charges before 2000 listed online). I just have to think IF Shirley DID hit a kid with her car, there would be a newspaper article somewhere -- IF it is SS and if she did pick PV to off herself over guilt of hitting a kid. I'll see what I can find on BRB's end..

All the car accidents I mentioned previously for Shirley were newspaper items on Google and Ancestry. Nothing past 1977, when she hit the pedestrian.

All the car accidents I mentioned previously for Shirley were newspaper items on Google and Ancestry. Nothing past 1977, when she hit the pedestrian.

Wait omg SS hit a ped?? Did the ped die?? Yeesh, maybe *I* should go back and read the thread!!

I am not fully convinced it's SS though, simply because of likeness or lack thereof.

That someone was me :)

In the year 2000, Wisconsin had the highest number of Belgian immigrants. There were a few States that were closer to Annadale though.

Post #163 in this thread, from February 2011, says that JD's DNA tests are not complete. More than 3 years? I wonder if someone failed to update the page or if JD's sample is too degraded to use.

I emailed a contact at the FFX PD's office that I was in touch with back when I thought JG was our JD. He hasn't replied -- this was a month or so ago too. :/ I'm not sure if poky asked about the DNA?

That someone was me :)

In the year 2000, Wisconsin had the highest number of Belgian immigrants. There were a few States that were closer to Annadale though.

DE right?

So earlier today I was avoiding work and poking around on Ancestry when I had the brilliant idea to search Virginia death records for men who died on 12/18, then sleuth the surviving wives to see if I could find anyone who resembled Jane Doe. Sadly I have a million deadlines coming up, but if anyone really has free time and wants to have a go...

Wait omg SS hit a ped?? Did the ped die?? Yeesh, maybe *I* should go back and read the thread!!

I am not fully convinced it's SS though, simply because of likeness or lack thereof.

Nope. Didn't die. I mentioned it up thread. It was in April 1977.

I would consider Belgian as well as Dutch and maybe French (nearby countries).

Pass the task to Tsseimer -- I would start by narrowing it down to cities in northern VA. Like Annandale, Fairfax, falls church, centreville, Arlington, Alexandria, Springfield, manassas, woodbridge, quantico...

So earlier today I was avoiding work and poking around on Ancestry when I had the brilliant idea to search Virginia death records for men who died on 12/18, then sleuth the surviving wives to see if I could find anyone who resembled Jane Doe. Sadly I have a million deadlines coming up, but if anyone really has free time and wants to have a go...

Lame. You need an ancestry account.

Lame. You need an ancestry account.

LOL she has DEADLINES!!! I normally have a lot of free time at work, maybe I'll poke around tomorrow.

(And yes, get an ancestry account -- it's fascinating when you're not lead on a wild goose chase!!!)

LOL she has DEADLINES!!! I normally have a lot of free time at work, maybe I'll poke around tomorrow.

(And yes, get an ancestry account -- it's fascinating when you're not lead on a wild goose chase!!!)

Doesn't it cost $$?

Eta: I think my mom has an account. I'll check with her tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members