2010.09.03 - Kaine assures Skyline Parents their kids are safe.

BBM

This seems to imply that he does not hold the school responsible at all--and I think his saying so lends the school credibility. If I were there, I would draw the conclusion that there is no need for me to worry about a repeat incident--see, even Kyron's dad says so. If I were an employee at that school, I would want students and parents as reassured as possible, because the first days are tough enough without the extra anxiety. I think Kaine feels strongly about his community and wants to support the school, which he does not believe has done anything wrong, and which was, in fact, a very good place for Kyron to be. I don't really think this was LE's idea--but they are also supporting him. MOO

So as Kaine is speaking, I wonder if he really expects Kyron to be among the students the first day of school? (He said he and Desiree bought him a new book bag and everything he needed for school so when she comes home, he will be able to just start school.) Is he there to reassure parents that even with Kyron back there, their kids will be safe, or was he alluding to the thought that the person who took Kaine is known to LE and is no threat to their kids?

abbie

I don't know if i would be okay with sending my child back to that school regardless of what LE and Kaine say, or whatever new security measures are in place. I guess once i knew what really happened to Kyron, then maybe i would reconsider my decision. But then maybe i'm just an overprotective mother.
My heart breaks for these people in this terrible case. I also wonder by the bio parents getting all of Kyron's school things for a new school year, if they are really in the know about something of Kyron miraculously walking back into his classroom for school resuming, or are they just hoping this will happen. I Pray it does because i could think of nothing worse than not knowing where this little boy is, and i think they are very brave in their public appearances, because i think i would be a blubbering mess by now.

I don't know if i would be okay with sending my child back to that school regardless of what LE and Kaine say, or whatever new security measures are in place. I guess once i knew what really happened to Kyron, then maybe i would reconsider my decision. But then maybe i'm just an overprotective mother.
My heart breaks for these people in this terrible case. I also wonder by the bio parents getting all of Kyron's school things for a new school year, if they are really in the know about something of Kyron miraculously walking back into his classroom for school resuming, or are they just hoping this will happen. I Pray it does because i could think of nothing worse than not knowing where this little boy is, and i think they are very brave in their public appearances, because i think i would be a blubbering mess by now.

Just imagine all the SAHM's having to take a job, or dads having to take a second job, or household incomes being stretched, so they can afford to send their child to a Private school rather than Skyline this year. Because they just aren't sure and don't trust a few cameras and a call system now in place to call you if your child is absent? And what good are the cameras if nobody is actively monitoring the screens that I hope they have (rather than just a recorder somewhere) so that if a child is in danger, someone will see it on the screen and can react immediately. A camera for LE to view the tape later on after-the-fact might be good for nothing. JMO.

Just thought of something else.

KH obviously believes that Kyron is still alive and will be coming home soon. He's going out buying school supplies for him!

I suspect part of KH's motivation was to try to preserve Skyline School as close as possible to the way it was before Kyron disappeared, so that when Kyron comes home, he can slide right back into a normal routine.

To accomplish that, it means that as many of Kyron's friends as possible would still be attending the school.

If my child had been "disappeared" at the beginning of this summer, and school was just getting ready to begin, I'd buy school supplies as well. Anything to keep the normalcy, and to "bargain" with God. "I'll keep believing, and You send him back to me...please?"

He also has the mother of his child to think about. While Kaine is an analytical guy, and Desiree doesn't seem the type to spin rainbows out of moonbeams, he has to be positive for her.

I'm not sure the purchase points to actual belief that Kyron is still on this earth, just a father's undying hope (and love.)

Just imagine all the SAHM's having to take a job, or dads having to take a second job, or household incomes being stretched, so they can afford to send their child to a Private school rather than Skyline this year. Because they just aren't sure and don't trust a few cameras and a call system now in place to call you if your child is absent? And what good are the cameras if nobody is actively monitoring the screens that I hope they have (rather than just a recorder somewhere) so that if a child is in danger, someone will see it on the screen and can react immediately. A camera for LE to view the tape later on after-the-fact might be good for nothing. JMO.
I agree with what you say about the cameras.
I think i would be home schooling if that were possible being a SAHM, or finding a different school nearby if that were possible, being a working parent. Just until the case is actually solved. IDK easier said than done i suppose.

I'm sure the school appreciates Kaine feeling the school was safe before and can use his words if Kaine ever tries to sue the school.

I thought this was very interesting. So what could Kaine possibly tell these parents that they haven't already heard from the press? Is it possible that there's more information here that he knows that the general public doesn't? Seems like it would be a waste of time for him to talk to these parents if there wasn't something he could tell them to reassure them.

Maybe LE wanted him to go and talk to them? A more parent to parent approach instead of LE to parent? I definitely think this worth talking about, but no Kaine bashing or sleuthing please. I just want to discuss what he might have told these parents to calm them, and whether this is indication that he knows more about this investigation than we think or not.

I haven't read this thread yet, but my first reaction to the opening post was................"then it can't be a strange abduction because if it was, Kaine would have no way of knowing for sure that the children at Skyline are safe."

Kaine has some sort of information, from LE, that he's been able to determine that Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case, and there's no threat to the other children. I'm sure he's limited in what he can say, but he can assure the parents their children are safe.

I don't think Kaine can know for sure that what he thinks is true (that Terri is guilty and the school and the children are safe; if LE knows for sure and could prove it, she would be in jail, awaiting trial.

But I don't find it unusual that they are preparing for the school year, what else can they do? I just hope they are both getting counseled as to how to accept the alternative scenarios, if necessary.

A reminder:

Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.

Name calling is not allowed, TO's will be given.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regardless of the precise words Kaine used, the underlying message is that Kyron's disappearance was an isolated incident. TH is responsible, and it was not a stranger abduction. So there is no reason for parents to be any more concerned for their childrens' safety beyond what is normal and reasonable.

That's a mighty big statement to make to parents. Personally, I could never be so bold unless I was 100% certain I was correct. I think KH is a very intelligent and rational man, so I don't believe he would, either.

I doubt any of the parents at that meeting are taking Kaine's words quite so literally. I'm guessing that he assured them that they believe (possibly even know, absolutely) TH had everything to do with Kyron going missing, and nothing to do with a random person/parent/creep walking into the school and taking him.

I am not so sure that everyone believes that.

It said they were having the meeting in part because some of the parents had questions about the security measures.

IMO

Kaine has no other children slated to attend skyline this school year besides kyron. of course we'll never know but, I wonder if he did -would be saying these same words and more importantly would he be sending his other child into that school.

BBM

This seems to imply that he does not hold the school responsible at all--and I think his saying so lends the school credibility. If I were there, I would draw the conclusion that there is no need for me to worry about a repeat incident--see, even Kyron's dad says so. If I were an employee at that school, I would want students and parents as reassured as possible, because the first days are tough enough without the extra anxiety. I think Kaine feels strongly about his community and wants to support the school, which he does not believe has done anything wrong, and which was, in fact, a very good place for Kyron to be. I don't really think this was LE's idea--but they are also supporting him. MOO

bbm

Yet in an earlier article Kaine says,

"My number one thing ... is the security aspect of it," Kaine told KATU reporter Dan Tilkin by phone. "There are a lot of people who go up to the wall everyday, and when school starts I don't think that having a lot of new faces, new adults, on the school property – with kids in school – really helps with schoool security. We have a missing child, and security was part of the issue with him going missing ...

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100800094.html

This school is going to be one of the safest schools now because of what happened to Kyron. Personally, I think the psychological aspect for some of the children, is going to be the challenge.

I don't think Kaine can know for sure that what he thinks is true (that Terri is guilty and the school and the children are safe; if LE knows for sure and could prove it, she would be in jail, awaiting trial.

But I don't find it unusual that they are preparing for the school year, what else can they do? I just hope they are both getting counseled as to how to accept the alternative scenarios, if necessary.

I don't think Kaine knows anything significant, otherwise LE would know important facts, like Kyron's status...

That is an excellent point about the school trying to CYA in the event that KH tries to sue the school later, say if it turns out to not be TMH. Now they have him on record as giving them good PR.

I'm sure the school appreciates Kaine feeling the school was safe before and can use his words if Kaine ever tries to sue the school.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have to wonder if Desiree and/or Tony share Kaine's sentiments about Skyline's safety and if they authorized Kaine to speak on their behalf? What happens if Terri is not the culprit? Will Desiree/Tony be locked into Kaine's statements about the school having provided a safe environment for Kyron and that only his stepmother could have managed to take the boy out of the building without getting caught?

While I'm sure that Kaine meant well and that his remarks regarding the safety of Skyline School were intended to reassure parents, I hope that Kaine's comments don't come back to haunt him in the future. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back