ATLANTIC CITY SK: possible link to LISK and GB4?

Found this March 8, 2012 newsreport concerning the weather on the days 3 of the AC victims disappeared.
Kind of an odd (still interesting though) newsreport to pop up now 5-6 years after those murders hmm...wonder what that is all about?

As far as I remember, it was storm at one of days one of the GB4 victims disappeared, I think it was Amber Costello.
I will check out the weather on the days all the GB4 disappeared, and post it here.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/21337/

METEOROLOGIST SAYS WEATHER COULD BE FACTOR IN 2006 MURDERS
Jessica Klein ( jklein@nbc40.net) - 3/8/12 05:46 pm

ATL. CO. -- A well-known meteorologist says weather could actually have something to do with the murders of four prostitutes in the West Atlantic City section of Egg Harbor Township back in 2006.

Jim Eberwine, a now retired meteorologist who used to work for the national weather service, appeared on the Hurley in the Afternoon show on WOND radio Thursday. He says weather elements are critical to criminal cases, and he believes it's no coincidence that there were coastal storms on three of the four days when the victims disappeared.

The bodies of Kim Raffo, Tracy Ann Roberts, Barbara Breidor and Molly Jean Dilts were found on November 20th 2006, behind a strip of motels along the Black Horse Pike.

"I think if you look at crimes that too place over the years, you'll find a relationship between these kinds of conditions and killing people and dumping their bodies in places where you wouldn't have to worry about evidence," said Eberwine.

Headded that when there is bad weather, most people tend to stay inside so there usually aren't any witnesses to these crimes. Atlantic County Prosecutors says the case remains open and active.

http://www.nbc40.net/news/21337/video

Video on the subject

Funny thing, but already Jack the Ripper liked nights with rain. It makes it hard to observe things. But then, old Jack probably had additional reasons. So this weather connection things are not that new.

These jobs also do not typically work on weekends also.

Here are the dates and days the GB4 and AC4 disappeared:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes: July 9, 2007 - Monday

Melissa Barthelemy: July 10, 2009 - Friday
(some reports say she disappeared July 12th) - Sunday

Shannan Gilbert - May 2, 2010 - Sunday

Megan Waterman: June 6, 2010 - Sunday

Amber Lynn Costello: September 2, 2010 - Thursday?

Kim Raffo - found on a Monday, 11/20/06. Had been deceased a day or two - Sat./Sun.

TA Roberts
MJ Dilts
B. Breidor

The last three were never reported missing and when their bodies were discovered on 11/20/06 they were estimated to be deceased for up to a month.

I discussed something similar to this a few weeks back in another thread. On 2 Sept (ALC) hurricane Earl was expected to make land fall on LI. It turned out it was the 3rd Sept.

There's a dark and stormy night in most horror stories. IMO, this is an angle worth consideration.

wm

Hello all. I’m Nasty from the other site. I promise to be on my best behavior. Well, I have no choice anyway, the mods here will keep me in line. I’m not certain which thread is the best place to talk about this, so please pardon my confusion and move it to the place you think is best. It may be relevant to both the LISK and AC cases. It may be totally irrelevant to either case, but I’ve been itching to mention it here so here goes.
This has to do with the James Patterson novel “Beach Road”, a book that a reporter had mentioned was found at the site of the Atlantic City victims.
I’m an avid reader, but I tend to gravitate toward true crime and nonfiction. A friend of mine suggested that I read James Patterson’s novel “Private”. Anyone here who wonders if “Beach Road” was left by the killer should read “Private”. I don’t think you’ll be able to get past page 38 without thinking about the LISK case. Here are a few notes that I’ve jotted down that I found to be intriguing:
p. 22. When a man is questioned about being responsible for a murder he answers with the response:
“I can’t imagine this happening”.

p. 38. The killer(s) use an electronic filter to make taunting phonecalls to their victims.

p. 50. A hacker gets into his victim’s cellphone, figures out who she trusts, then uses technology to text her as her friend.

p. 117 A team of 3 killers tracking their victim via her cellphone using GPS.

p. 123 The killer took shoes as trophies.

I don't want to waste your time with nonsense, but so far (and I have a lot more to read as the book is 385 pages) there are a lot of questionable similarities. In my very humble opinion.

One more thing.
In the book, the killers work as a team, abduct their victim, bring her to an isolated area and then HUNT her down for the thill of it.

Hello all. I’m Nasty from the other site. I promise to be on my best behavior. Well, I have no choice anyway, the mods here will keep me in line. I’m not certain which thread is the best place to talk about this, so please pardon my confusion and move it to the place you think is best. It may be relevant to both the LISK and AC cases. It may be totally irrelevant to either case, but I’ve been itching to mention it here so here goes.
This has to do with the James Patterson novel “Beach Road”, a book that a reporter had mentioned was found at the site of the Atlantic City victims.
I’m an avid reader, but I tend to gravitate toward true crime and nonfiction. A friend of mine suggested that I read James Patterson’s novel “Private”. Anyone here who wonders if “Beach Road” was left by the killer should read “Private”. I don’t think you’ll be able to get past page 38 without thinking about the LISK case. Here are a few notes that I’ve jotted down that I found to be intriguing:
p. 22. When a man is questioned about being responsible for a murder he answers with the response:

p. 38. The killer(s) use an electronic filter to make taunting phonecalls to their victims.

p. 50. A hacker gets into his victim’s cellphone, figures out who she trusts, then uses technology to text her as her friend.

I don't want to waste your time with nonsense, but so far (and I have a lot more to read as the book is 385 pages) there are a lot of questionable similarities. In my very humble opinion.

Hi Samantha Spade/ Nasty and welcome to the forum.

That is indeed interesting I must say, thank you very much for posting this.

Here is a link to the info that the book was found at the scene
(Nasty please always remember to post a link to the original info that connect to the case:)):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/22/nyregion/23slaycnd.html

The area where the women were found is strewn with trash. On Tuesday, the litter behind the Golden Key near the spot where the first body was found included an empty vodka bottle, a pair of black Jockey undershorts, a used condom wrapper and a battered copy of the James Patterson novel “Beach Road.”

Please keep posting when/if you find more in that James Patterson’s novel "Privat".

Theforeigner (Wondering from LISK.com)

Deleeted by me Theforeigner due to that the info I posted was wrong.

The Foreignor,

This novel that I'm reading by James Patterson is titled only "private", not "private games". The cover of the novel shows "James Patterson - Private - & Maxine Paetro"

The Foreignor,

This novel that I'm reading by James Patterson is titled only "private", not "private games". The cover of the novel shows "James Patterson - Private - & Maxine Paetro"

OK! interesting, could you please check out when it was published? It should be found at one of the first pages in the book.

Oh well, as a writer myself, I know too much about how those plots are constructed. It's a bit a la carte. And don't forget, for most of the similarities, it's more guess that LISK really used them, not proven fact or even something like circumstantial evidence.

@The foreignor,

June 2010.

I haven't read any other novels by this author.
But I believe one of the POI's in the Shannan Gilbert case has.
And what particularly made the little tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand up were the words written on page 22 " I can't imagine this happening", which sounded hauntingly familiar.

Given, that a plot is created about 2-3 years before a book is actually on the market, it's impossible AC ewas inspired by it. Even LISK can't be inspired by it because his first victim as far as we know is from 2006. And Manorville started probably before 2000, that is like eight or ten books ago for Patterson.
And yes, "Private" sounds a lot more like Sullivan which for me is not a problem, I like his voice.
And on a sidenote: You know, there is no real "fiction" in novels. Especially thriller writers steal all the time from reality. Almost as much as TV show screen play writers.

The first edition is June 2010.

Ok thanks, but then, STILL a problem to be an inspiration for the AC murders, possibly the other way around. Also the calling victims or their relatives, more likely the other way artound, due to that the calls to Melissa Barthelemy´s relatives was in July/Aug 2009.
UGHH!, for a monment it sure looked promising, however still good catch Samantha Spade:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back