Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on topix a post questioning that if Caylee had been duct taped while alive wouldn't she take the tape off? Were her hands also bound? I'm siding with the after death duct tape.

Now I didn't think of that :bang: it makes sense (taking the tape off) and that could be why I didn't think of it.. hehe I may have to change my theory now.. but not sure to what :waitasec:

*Recently posted elsewhere but applies here better.

I can't disagree more with the contentions that KC duct taped Caylee with the intention of later removing it,...ever. We're talking duct tape, - probably the most adhesive of all tape that is publically available.

Just try pressing a strip over your own arm, leg, or back, - leave it on for an hour or so, - then try to remove it.

Now, imagine doing the same over a highly sensitive area (such as your mouth and lips) and trying to remove it. Mentally, double the tape's width to accommodate the difference in ratio from an adult's mouth area and a child's. Then, nearly completely remove your threshhold to pain so as to more nearly reflect a child's immense sensitivity, frantic reactions, and uncontrollable emotions, at enduring the same. No one would ever use it in such a way as a temporary "remedy".

Also, the backing of duct tape is waterproof, but the adhesive substantially degrades when exposed to water (especially when it's actively seeping). So, moisture on outside of duct tape is inconsequential, while the sticky side quickly loses it's adhesion.
http://www.3m.com/us/mfg_industrial/...duct/faqs.html
(go to Q11. and Q12.)
This doesn't bode well for the staunching of bodily fluids theory (unless she was wrapped like a mummy, which she wasn't).

I think the "truth of the tape" is going to be what premeditates the cause. Therefore, the intent.

I realy think the duck tape was used as a way to hide her face after death. I wouldnt want to see the face of child i had just caused to die somehow.

If the duct tape WAS right around the head, that seems like a plausible theory to me. IMO unless the hands are also bound even a young child might be able to free the mouth at least enough to breath. But if the hands are bound, there would be no need to wrap the tape all the way round.

I also don't think it likely that the tape was used just to hold something in the mouth unless, again, the hands were also bound, so until we hear more details I'm still sceptical on the gagging theories.

If the tape was completely around her head, I really doubt she would be able to remove it herself. First of all, duct tape is very sticky and secondly, there could be more than one strand around her which would make removing it even more difficult.

I voted that she used it to slience her :( :furious: I'm starting to think she drugged her then drowned her. :furious:

I think so too! I think it's possible she drowned her in the bathtub. JMO, of course.

I voted "Other," because though I believe it DID operate to silence Caylee during the murder, I don't think that was what Casey intended it to do.

I think Casey decided to use the duct tape to SILENCE Caylee, whom I believe was likely crying for Cindy, and then, after Caylee could still be heard, Casey went ahead and murdered Caylee because she couldn't handle the crying, coupled with the fact that, as Casey herself said it on July 15, Casey is a spiteful @itch.

So I believe Casey's actual decision to kill Caylee came about AFTER the duct tape was placed on Caylee. (Problem with my theory is that there would be no way to determine if I'm right, as the same physical evidence would be present on the duct tape either way.)

I voted other. I believe the tape was either used to hold the bag shut (after it had leaked in the trunk), or taped across the mouth to prevent leakage after death. On this last one, I doubt Casey would have done that.

Oh my God. I was just sitting on my back porch this morning at 4:00 am thinking on the duct tape and I had arrived at a conclusion that it was possible she, Casey, had STUFFED something inside of Caylee's mouth and used the tape to make sure it did not come out. UGH and to see that it is now being suggested that a cloth MAY have been recovered from her mouth makes me very sick. God rest Caylee's sweet angel soul and hold her in YOUR arms.

This COULD have also been done post mortem, to stop the flow of fluids from the mouth and or nose. She would have had on a diaper to stop the flow from other orifices, so this DOES make some sense. I am sure the ME is going to know if the tape went on before or after death and IF there was a cloth then I think it will be fairly simple for her to determine if that went in before or after as well.

Regardless, poor poor Caylee Marie.

I think so too! I think it's possible she drowned her in the bathtub. JMO, of course.

If Caylee was drowned then they are going to know that when they look at her lungs, if they have not already...if there are still lungs...Oh Lord the more I think on this the more sad I become.

I voted she used the tape to stage a kidnapping. The combined searches for chloroform, missing children, neck breaking and household weapons, lead me to believe that Caylee's death was premeditated. I can't buy the idea that KC was chloroforming her, and using duct tape over her mouth to silence her just in case she woke up, during her little party excurtions. Duct tape would have left a horrible mark around her little mouth and face, after removal...how would she explain those duct tape marks? Nope, IMHO, KC planned Caylee's demise. After she did the actual deed, I believe she Panicked...her little plan was not working to her favor that dreadful day, she had to finally dump the body quickly IMO.

I voted "Other," because though I believe it DID operate to silence Caylee during the murder, I don't think that was what Casey intended it to do.

I think Casey decided to use the duct tape to SILENCE Caylee, whom I believe was likely crying for Cindy, and then, after Caylee could still be heard, Casey went ahead and murdered Caylee because she couldn't handle the crying, coupled with the fact that, as Casey herself said it on July 15, Casey is a spiteful @itch.

So I believe Casey's actual decision to kill Caylee came about AFTER the duct tape was placed on Caylee. (Problem with my theory is that there would be no way to determine if I'm right, as the same physical evidence would be present on the duct tape either way.)
There is a photo of Caylee wearing the red jersey, crying, damp bangs on her forehead and stretching up her arms to the person taking the photo. The lighting indicates the photo is taken at night. Some speculated it looked like Caylee was standing in the trunk of the car. It looked a little grainy like it could have been a cell phone photo.

The person taking the photo was not responding to take care of Caylee; just standing above her taking a photo.

I keep wondering if that was the last photo of Caylee taken right before she was killed.

There is a photo of Caylee wearing the red jersey, crying, damp bangs on her forehead and stretching up her arms to the person taking the photo. The lighting indicates the photo is taken at night. Some speculated it looked like Caylee was standing in the trunk of the car. It looked a little grainy like it could have been a cell phone photo.

The person taking the photo was not responding to take care of Caylee; just standing above her taking a photo.

I keep wondering if that was the last photo of Caylee taken right before she was killed.

I thought she looked younger in that photo, and as if she either wanted the camera herself or wanted to be held.

I am very sure about the nose and mouth. I live with a Licensed Funeral Director. He deals with this all the time.

BUT, Casey didn't live with a funeral director. I think you're giving her too much credit. She obviously put no thought into the entire process. At this point, I can't buy that she even considered covering Caylee's mouth because of body fluids leaking. What she did when the fluids were leaking was, tossed Caylee into another garbage bag. :(

I think Casey soaked a rag in cloroform and taped it to Caylee's mouth to keep her quiet but it killed her instead.

I used to think this was a possibility, but as we're learning that the tape did indeed wrap around the entire skull, it's becoming quite evident (at least to me) that Casey had ZERO intention of ever removing that tape. Can you imagine trying to get duct tape off when it's wrapped around hair?

I'm beginning to think Caylee was wrapped in something, possibly a blanket or a sheet, then duct taped tightly. As time went by, the tape might have slipped, loosening the blanket/sheet and stuck to Caylee's face.

I'm beginning to think Caylee was wrapped in something, possibly a blanket or a sheet, then duct taped tightly. As time went by, the tape might have slipped, loosening the blanket/sheet and stuck to Caylee's face.

There have been reports that she was wrapped in something from the house and we know SB specifically stated there was absolutely something found that could be linked to the house. I don't think anything has been confirmed as to what it is, but I think your scenario is likely to have some truth to it.

BUT, Casey didn't live with a funeral director. I think you're giving her too much credit. She obviously put no thought into the entire process. At this point, I can't buy that she even considered covering Caylee's mouth because of body fluids leaking. What she did when the fluids were leaking was, tossed Caylee into another garbage bag. :(

I agree. KC did what was easiest for KC. I don't think she would have handled a dead body that much. Dumping the body would be much easier.

She wouldn't have to live with a Funeral Director. If she didn't dump the body until around the 24th, she would have been in a mess with the fluids by then. Just a thought.... she decided to wrap the area where it was coming from.

IMO, KC was still seething with rage from the previous night's' fight with GA and CA. I think KC used the duct tape to silence Caylee the best she could, because she was probably killed right there in their own house, returning there with Caylee after GA left for work that Monday, June 16th. IMO, she did it in a fit of rage that had built up over some time, and it was probably quite violent. Most people don't think KC's capable of such violence because she's petite and attractive - don't be fooled by that.:no::no::no::Justice::

I do believe KC placed the duct tape on Caylee's mouth to keep her quite after she chloroformed her. The duct tape was simply a back-up in case Caylee woke up before KC was through doing what ever is was she was engaged in. I also believe she may have had her hands bound to prevent little Caylee from removing the tape from her mouth or draw attention to the trunk due to beating the inside of it with her little hands.

I also believe Caylee woke up scared at some point and began to cry. This, in turn, made her nauseated at which time she vomited. With no way for the vomit to escape, she inhaled or aspirated the vomit, choked (drowned) and died.

Just my 2 cents...

I agree...well with everything but the chloroform part.

I think the chloroform was used only as a cleaning agent to try and remove the smell/stain from the trunk. That being said a little part of me wonders (even though I hate to think it) that maybe there was blood involved also and from what Ive read on the net about chloroform it is used to clean up blood.....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member