Child named after Hitler is refused cake request

I remember years ago (I was in junior high, so it was the early 80s) some family wanted to name their kid Scud. I think 99% of families take care when naming their babies, putting to mind that they will someday grow up to me contributing members of society. But to name a kid Adolph Hitler? Or Aryan Nation? That is not freedom of speech because you are putting another person's life and future into your hands. Do people think those names won't affect those kids' lives at school? When getting a job? Even when trying to date? It would be a cold, cold day before I'd allow any boy named Adolph Hitler to date my daughter.

I read something last night (didn't save the link) that the parents of these kids claim they are being neglected in foster care. I wonder who called the welfare workers on the family and what exactly was the danger to the kids. The parents sound like wackos, but there must have been something for the kids to be taken away other than white supremist beliefs.

I read something last night (didn't save the link) that the parents of these kids claim they are being neglected in foster care. I wonder who called the welfare workers on the family and what exactly was the danger to the kids. The parents sound like wackos, but there must have been something for the kids to be taken away other than white supremist beliefs.

Whatever they were taken away for, it has been very hush-hush... DCF refuses to say and stands by a confidentiality stance. About the only thing I have heard is that DCF thought the kids were in imminent danger. Of what, no one has said. The parents are having to stay with family because since the kids were taken they have been getting harassed by neighbors and other people.

All of it is odd...

The parents have other complaints too:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/jim-deegan/index.ssf/2009/01/parents_of_child_named_hitler.html

"Deborah and Heath Campbell, the parents of young Adolf Hitler Campbell fighting to regain custody of him and his two younger sisters, may be about to launch a battle on another front.

Deborah Campbell says her husband was mistreated and disrespected by Raritan Township police when an officer stopped their car on Route 31 on their way to the Hunterdon County Justice Center on Jan. 13.

Police pulled over their car -- Heath Campbell was behind the wheel -- about an hour before the Campbells were to appear in family court regarding custody of the children, Deborah Campbell said.

The court proceeding came four days after New Jersey authorities removed the children from the family's Holland Township home.

Deborah Campbell says police referred to Heath as ''the Nazi guy," quizzed him about his tattoos (a swastika is included on his body art) and performed a field sobriety test, presumably after smelling alcohol in the car.

It was 10:20 in the morning."

There is more information at the link but this caught my eye:

"Deborah Campbell said it was her mother, not her husband, who was sauced. Mom was in the car and accompanying the Campbells to the hearing on the chance authorities would release the kids to her if not the parents, her daughter said.

"I think the one who should have gotten the test was my mother," Deborah Campbell told me earlier today. "She was going to go and try to get the children if we could not."

Okay I've not made comments about their choice of names for their children. I'm still not going to make one about their choice of names...

But does it strike anyone else as odd that the couple was pulled over, the female states it was her mother that was "sauced" not her husband. That her Mother should have been tested for alcohol....YET they were on their way for the Mother of the female to ask the court if she could have the children if they weren't returned to this couple?

:waitasec:

Ok... rule number one: you don't take your liquored up momma to court to get custody of your kids. One sure fire way to make a negative impression and to show that you are putting your kids in harms way, is by putting a drunk woman before the judge and saying she should be allowed to have custody of your kids.

I can, by all means, see misdoings by a child welfare agency, by improperly taking kids away from their parents... it happens. But the parent's actions of wanting to take a "sauced" relative to get custody of their children does make it look like that the state has legitimate worries. As well, I have to say: they haven't gotten a lawyer yet. If that was my kids and I felt that the state had wrongly taken my kids away, I'd have gotten a lawyer pronto and started hitting every legal avenue out there to get them back.

What does the third kids name mean? Honszlynn? It doesn't even make any sense.

Honszlynn: some are saying it's the misspelled name of a Nazi chief.

Well, the sisters are lucky because they can go by JoyceLynn and Jeannie, and nobody needs to know the ugliness of the rest of their names. Adolf Hitler, though, doesn't have much choice. I suppose he could be called Addie, except that's kind of feminine. How about Dolf?

Kids are crafty, though, about discovering other kids' middle names and exploiting them. I taught a kid whose middle name was Lazagna, and as much as he tried to hide it, the whole school knew. They were not kind about it, either.

Don't get me wrong because I would never name a child AF, but how is removing AH from his family going to change his name? Would child welfare go as far as requesting a name change? IMO this is frightening if a government could do this.

Don't get me wrong because I would never name a child AF, but how is removing AH from his family going to change his name? Would child welfare go as far as requesting a name change? IMO this is frightening if a government could do this.

In the article it says they would never remove a child based on a name, it was other issues I assume as to why they were removed. :)http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Adolf-Hitler-Sisters-Taken-from-Parents-Home.html this is new link with a little more info

My sister used to work with the WIC program distributing cheese, milk, & eggs to families on welfare. A pair of twins presented with the mom who had lovingly named the boys, Orangejello and Lemonjello. Now someone tell me that's not child abuse!!!
The names are pronounced O-RON-ja-lo and Le-MON-ja-lo -- still pronounciation aside, it does not take away from the fact that their mom named them after JELLO!!!
Better than after Nazi war criminals, to be sure.

My sister used to work with the WIC program distributing cheese, milk, & eggs to families on welfare. A pair of twins presented with the mom who had lovingly named the boys, Orangejello and Lemonjello.

There was a professional athlete back in the 70s whose family name was Lemonjello, though I think the spelling was different. I want to think he was a basketball player and his first name was Mike, but I ain't sure.

My sister used to work with the WIC program distributing cheese, milk, & eggs to families on welfare. A pair of twins presented with the mom who had lovingly named the boys, Orangejello and Lemonjello. Now someone tell me that's not child abuse!!!
The names are pronounced O-RON-ja-lo and Le-MON-ja-lo -- still pronounciation aside, it does not take away from the fact that their mom named them after JELLO!!!
Better than after Nazi war criminals, to be sure.

The "Jello kids" is an urban legend. I think they're even on Snopes.

The couple has defended the names of their children saying they found them in baby books

This is baloney. Those kids are Adolf Hitler, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, and Honszylynn Hinter -- those names did not come from a baby book.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Originally Posted by Trino

Given the names they've chosen for their children, it's probably safe to assume that these folks are probably not descendants of Ward & June Cleaver. I'm sure there were many other issues going on under this roof. The names were just the tip-off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back